RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not so bullet proof TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 22 <123 ... 1819 202122>

simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Yep. TDV8. Great engine which doesn't appear to give any problems in Fullfat from all the research I have done. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #385256 Tue Jun 11 2013 11:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StuRRS

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very pleased for you that you have finally got this sorted Thumbs Up

Like many on here I have been following this saga with increasing disbelief and incredulity at your misfortune and the lack of resolution from the bods at an iconic global brand; the damage done to their reputation by this total lack of customer service must be incalculable, reading your posts it appears they don't seem to care Rolling Eyes

Enjoy the new motor, hope your luck changes with this one Stu
2023 RRS p440e SE Dynamic
2018 Discovery 5 SDV6 HSE Santorini gone
2014 SDV6 HSE Santorini gone
2007 TDV6 HSE Java gone
2003 Discovery TD5 ES gone and missed
2008 Q7 gone
2005 X5 gone
2003 X5 gone
2000 Freelander 2.5 V6 gone- not missed!!

Post #385259 Wed Jun 12 2013 7:29am
Nik

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One wonders which unlucky sod will end up buying your sport, or are LR doing the decent thing and scrapping it?

Nik. 2015 Golf R DSG
Gone 2013 Mercedes C220 CDi AMG Sport Plus
Gone 2008 2.7 RRS HSE

Post #385260 Wed Jun 12 2013 7:29am
simple1

I suspect it will reappear on the market as the cost of engine, turbos and now gearbox, then another engine as I don't believe for one minute that the noise is gearbox, will mean someone will want to get something back. The car will no doubt go into auction when its finally fixed. I did say it should be scrapped, but it is a nice car and if fixed should now be reliable, it has had virtually everything replaced after all Rolling with laughter
The car was never towed, it got flatbedded to Heston from side of motorway and then again to Bristol. The crap about being towed and oil changes are all finger pointing by LR trying to pass the buck to dealer as they had washed their hands after a size able contribution to engine and three turbos. Yes three, one replacement whistled straight away as debris hit turbine. And yes I paid my bit of all three. Shocked
At no point have I been offered a refund by LR for any of these costs so the dealer did cover this in price to change.
They also now have to absorb the costs of sorting the noise so as stated, even though they weren't the supplying dealer, they have really gone above and beyond. Have nothing bad to say about Guy Salmon Bristol, as for LR, they are a shower of Censored and really don't deserve the success they are celebrating. While say there, three new full fats came back, one being exchanged for a new one as faulty, and one with bits falling off, the third wouldn't lock. The joys of being a smoker, I could hear the conversations outside Rolling with laughter
LR have scored an own goal with all of this, could have easily sorted it quickly and painlessly, but took the tortoise route I a vain attempt at hoping I would shut up and go away.
Stefan Creek and Andy West at LR have been great if passive at times, the rest of the hierarchy at LR exec office need to be sacked, as do the parts people. Be warned, every major component for a TDV8 is no longer available, and that is crap after less than 3 years after production finished.
Time to move on and put this down to experience, but my only word to the wise guys, if you buy a car that is a lemon, don't listen to gutless promises of support and backup for lifetime of your ownership, it doesn't happen nor is it recorded on record, so when that staff member moves on, so does your back up. If you have a problem car, reject it there and then! 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385261 Wed Jun 12 2013 7:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Simon - I couldn't agree more - especially the last paragraph Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #385262 Wed Jun 12 2013 8:07am
simple1

PS
LR contacted Inchcape over a month ago telling them, as supplying dealership owner, they need to address this problem. To date I have had no contact from them, and now don't need to but obviously its a compAny that takes the money and runs....... 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385264 Wed Jun 12 2013 8:25am
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Simon, I'm so pleased that you got a solution in the end, is Guy Salmon owned by Sytner? If so I have just had a similar example of brilliant service at Audi Reading, 3 year old A3 Cabriolet with slight wear to the hood all replaced under warranty. Audi warranty dragged their heels and Audi Reading covered the cost of a brand new Audi A4 loan car for three weeks, nothing was too much trouble! Well done Sytner...keep up the good work. Thumbs Up

Post #385269 Wed Jun 12 2013 8:49am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Simon, can you return the boiled sweet with pocket fluff that I sent in your emergency supplies box, now you have a butler, they tend to remove all the good fluff from sweets before serving after your tiffin..... Wink

But glad to see you got a solution in the end, just a shame it took so friggin long to sort out! Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #385270 Wed Jun 12 2013 9:01am
simple1

Ian. The sweet was a life saver as by 6 I was drowning in coffee and chewy biscuits. Was even offered lunch or they would send out for sandwiches Shocked forget the reason, but it was actually a highly amusing day off Rolling with laughter the staff there are a hoot Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385271 Wed Jun 12 2013 9:09am
Beancounter_74

England 

Simon - fantastic that you can finally put this all behind you Thumbs Up , and what an after dinner story! Shocked Laughing

Just a shame you had to go a stage a 'sit in' to get it resolved, who know's how long it would have taken if you'd not grabbed the bull firmly by the bCensoreds and made something happen.

Amazes me that a company such as JLR can treat someone so bad and charge you for the pleasure too Banging Head . The less said about them the better Censored , but sounds like Guy Salmon LR came up trumps and it is rightly deserved that you spread the word about their brilliant support - especially as they weren't the original supplying dealer....hats off to them Bow down

As said above, you can now move on with life and in a FFRR too Cool and we hope that doesn't mean you'll disappear from here onto the posher FFRR site Whistle Laughing Thumbs Up

All the best BC Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #385277 Wed Jun 12 2013 10:25am
simple1

No such luck for you BC, my routes are firmly here not on the posh side. If I could have found a similar spec vehicle in Sytner network I would have stayed with a Sport! Only reason I went Fullfat was price and car was right, and having had three fault free years in one, looked a good option.
My ownership of sports and ownership since 2005 means that I will stick around, have the odd poke and try and help any fellow suffers. What I have learned in the last 24 hours is invaluable.
Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385280 Wed Jun 12 2013 10:49am
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I've followed this topic from the start and it's been quite a read, and quite an ordeal to have to of gone through Surprised

Glad to hear that it is all over now though Cool Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #385282 Wed Jun 12 2013 11:02am
simple1

At least my phone is safe. Chucked a few after hanging up calls Embarassed
Do finally feel the ordeal is over, made easier by all your support. Don't miss the items for sale post! Proceeds of some of the items will go to our illustrious site leaders coffers to continue his good crusade Thumbs Up Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385286 Wed Jun 12 2013 12:10pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

If you know what the registration will be when your private registration is removed, post the registration the lemon to warn others,

I assume they havent banned you from doing that

Post #385287 Wed Jun 12 2013 12:12pm
simple1

Thumbs Up
Not a word passed my keyboard Razz 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385288 Wed Jun 12 2013 12:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 19 of 22 <123 ... 1819 202122>