Home > General > Not so bullet proof TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 22 <123 4 ... 202122>

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Cheers, Simon. Wink

Post #374648 Mon Feb 25 2013 12:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I am sure I read on here or disco similar cases getting 50% contribution from LRCS Confused

I would expect that at least Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #374656 Mon Feb 25 2013 1:15pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Well a week or so on, and still no sign of LR finding an engine, and conversation with Service manager leaves me even more confused. His justification for engine shortage is that LR have no returned engines to "re-condition". At which point my temper left the full end of the gauge. Having been quoted for a new engine not a remanufactured engine, I kind of thought it was brand new???? Then after manager suggesting that my engine be removed and sent for re-conditioning, the handset hit the cradle hard.
They have however put me in a hire car, all be it a Nissan Squashfly, which they are picking up the bill for, so will just sit back and wait................. Sheep Sheep Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #375660 Mon Mar 04 2013 11:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Nearly 12k for a reconditioned engine Thud

My blood pressure is through the roof reading this so can only imagine how angry you must have been Shocked

I am speechless Banging Head Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #375673 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:12am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Service exchange engine is about 6k for a tdv6, maybe a little more but not much more for a tdv8.

They're talking complete rubbish about not enough engines coming back, the refurb people can't get enough of them to fulfil demand! So if there's demand, then there's plenty of failing engines!

Rest of the cost is turbos and the 13.5 hours (at LR dealer rates!) to swap the engine over Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #375674 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:29am
simple1

12 grand was estimate for engine, two turbos and fitting. £6500 was engine cost. But not for a recon engine! 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #375675 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:32am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

That price would have definately been a service exchange motor, new is just under £9k.....
But the service exchange motors are properly reconditioned, stripped down etc as they carry the same warranty. Bodsys Brake Bible
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #375676 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:37am
simple1

The issue lies in the description by parts guys then. As long as it is up and running I don't care, but that ain't happening anytime soon as things stand. Thanks for heads up Ian.
Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #375700 Tue Mar 05 2013 9:51am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd be tempted to take my broken engine to a 3rd party recon company and pay them to recon it. Probably no more expensive and you'd get the thing sorted somewhat quicker... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #375711 Tue Mar 05 2013 11:42am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

you wont get the parts needed. LR dont release them to anyone other than the specific company that re-cons them for them. Additionally they are also slightly overbored with new pistons etc.

A few companies claiming to recon them, but will still charge 3.5k (engine only) and no real guarantee.... Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #375712 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:20pm
simple1

Just spoke to a company around Heathrow. They claim to have a fully rebuilt V8 in stock. 4 and a half plus vat exchange with fitting add 500. Comes with three months top to toe cover. But they won't touch turbos or fit them if I supply so fairly pointless. Rolling Eyes
To be honest, I would rather wait and get a pucker LR engine and have it fitted by them, so if anything does go wrong in the future, I have a dealer network to fall back on. Other issue is if the engine failed due to lack of oil supply, there is a strong chance that other ancillary items maybe damaged as when oil was drained by dealer, it was full of metal particles. These will need to be checked and cleaned properly as will oil cooler and induction system. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #375714 Tue Mar 05 2013 12:41pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

I'm with you on that train of thought, if paying that much, would rather pay a bit more for proper peace of mind Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #375730 Tue Mar 05 2013 3:42pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Simple1 it may be worth calling these guys http://www.ivorsearle.co.uk/ they should give you an honest answer, we had a recon VW engine from them and it did 100,000 miles no probs, they also offer a decent warranty. Let me know how you get on Thumbs Up

Post #375732 Tue Mar 05 2013 4:45pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

looks like your dealership is telling you the truth about the recon engine.

there is a worn core shortage on these, and no supplier for a brand new engine Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #375736 Tue Mar 05 2013 6:01pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Is the 3.6 not being used by anyone anymore? Wow. It's quite scary that a relatively new vehicle could be laid up for weeks waiting for a part to be reconditioned.

@simple1 - has the dealer removed your engine and got it ready for shipping to the recon guys? Or are they waiting for a replacement to become available before removing yours? Seems to me that if there is a shortage of ready-to-fit recon engines around then they may as well recon yours and give it back to you. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #375742 Tue Mar 05 2013 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 22 <123 4 ... 202122>