RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not so bullet proof TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 22 <123 ... 202122>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

You also have the added problem that LRCS are actually not part of Lr - they are contracted out like Lr assist Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #385753 Mon Jun 17 2013 7:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Does US law create a contract between LR and the customer or is it as here between customer and dealer?

I would expect the US arm of LR to be more aware of customer service than the UK lot. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #385791 Mon Jun 17 2013 9:16pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

For a start they have lemon laws so if its duff its gone Thumbs Up about the only thing the Yanks do right is protect the customer. I suspect the law will be similar in that the person/people you hand your money to is the one the contract is with. Where it all goes wrong as in my case, is where LR get involved and then half way through the process suddenly turn round and say its not our problem and the dealer says, hang on a minute, we are your agents.
Luckily enough, I didn't have to find out where the legal buck stopped in that particular case as did sort of take the law into my own hands so to speak Whistle
But as promised, once the new car is sat on my drive, I will reveal a little more which if nothing else, might help another sufferer. Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #385802 Mon Jun 17 2013 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

As many other posters I have read this with total empathy.

As said before despite it being a great car & I have had far too many LR products with problems most just niggles having read this & other posts I think my luck might just be about to run out so this should be my last LR product.

Problem is everything else is just a car, my boss has an X5 Censored its quick but its typically german reasonably well made conservative interior and just not something special - I've a 2007 SL that at least you can put the top down to make it more special but again a well built enginerred car that is a pleasure to drive but again its not got that special something. Not sure what it is its just something !!

For example a good friend of mine has just bought a 12 plate Autobiography and I love his new car - WTF is that all about on one hand I think what a load of crap LR are and on the other the product has me hooked.

Really pleased you are now sorted & wishing you many happy years of trouble free motoring Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #385809 Tue Jun 18 2013 8:29am
simple1

Paul
Thanks for the sympathy/empathy. The members here about the only thing that has kept me sain during the ordeal. Much like you, I put up with the problems in a vain hope that eventually nothing else could go wrong and I could enjoy my car. It never occurred to me that it would end up as it has. Ownership is an emotional as well as a practical experience so it came hard having to consider getting rid.
Has turned out ok hopefully, have a younger car with less mileage and historically, less likely to be a problem, but it still isn't my beloved Sport that I ordered, with all the toys I wanted, in the colour options I wanted, and to which I have personalised. We move on and hopefully for the better but having tried all the alternatives, there is still nothing on the market that can match the working qualities of a Land Rover. Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385820 Tue Jun 18 2013 9:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Yep Simple1 that is the exact conundrum, heart says yes - head & wallet says don't be stupid.

Post #385891 Tue Jun 18 2013 6:57pm
simple1

Well tomorrow is the day... I was supposed to go this evening and pick it up after 24 hour delay cos the jack, wheel brace and cd cartridge were missing. The phone was fixed by replacing a fuse after someone fed the cigar lighter a 5p.
So it's a fond farewell Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385994 Wed Jun 19 2013 6:40pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Simple you couldn't have said it better. Best of luck to you in your new wheels hope you get some straightforward and enjoyable motoring. You have to laugh, my wife when discussing the options/goings on, and she is one who has been most disadvantaged, left stranded, says to me, well, if you are successful, then a 2014 Sport would be great! Big Cry The heart versus head/wallet connudrum...assuming we get a satisfactory resolution which is??? at this stage. Rolling with laughter SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #386546 Fri Jun 21 2013 11:04am
simple1

I still like them, although have to say I'm always more of a fan of the Fullfat, but changed to Sport as it would fit in office carpark. Shocked
Now I'm back in one it feels like home.
I have a small confession though...... I paid a deposit yesterday for a new Fullfat, for delivery sometime in October. Thanks to a generous offer from LR who were represented at dealers yesterday, long story that I will share when I let you all know the final write up of my 7 years of Sport ownership. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #386601 Fri Jun 21 2013 9:18pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Simon - You have a pm Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #387414 Sun Jun 30 2013 10:30am
simple1

Well the final kick in the gentleman veg was issued yesterday. After contributing a sizable sum to the repairs and then further financial loss due to tax and cherished transfer hold ups, the need to buy a tow bar and electrics to use my caravan and then the torque converter failure and the huge discrepancy between what the dealer claims the car was worth and what it's value is in the real world, litigation has commenced.
Sytner Group Ltd and its individual Directors have all been served with court summons and my attempts to recover £7000 odd that I am out of pocket begins.
Fortunately my cars are the property of my company so my commercial legal costs are all covered by insurance so let the fun begin.
As a side bar, Guy Salmon LR got quite upset when I took the FF to another dealer group and tried to insist that I could only take the car to them for repairs. It seems my extended LR warrantee allows me to take my car anywhere, which opened the can of worms with regards to the car's value which was grossly over inflated to absorb the very generous LR contribution. Banging Head
Would you take your car to dealer who broke your previous car then refuse to refund the cost of fixing it? Thought not Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Last edited by simple1 on Wed Aug 07 2013 6:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #391171 Wed Aug 07 2013 6:34pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Definitely not - another one to avoid Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #391174 Wed Aug 07 2013 6:53pm
simple1

Rolling with laughter just sent you a text Paul.... 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #391175 Wed Aug 07 2013 6:59pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Best of luck Simple1 can't really be constructive but I do empathise.

Unfortunately LR has legal eagles who, like the LRCS bods, have no sense of urgency and, in fact, every interest in stringing things out.

If those of us running the average sized business treated customers in the same way as JLR we'd be up the creek with no paddle.

A recent legal battle I concluded took from 2003; despite the other party ( a large organisation) admitting not doing what they'd promised in 2004 and they never denied it! Eventually it cost them 5 times my original settlement offer to settle before we walked up the Court steps. Interesting is the fact that you can claim interest on the 'debt' at the Court rate which, in my case, was a pretty generous 8% !

With large companies all staff are hired hands and have no interest in making a decision and have every interest in not becoming involved because that is a manager's career dampener - promotion on the non-involved - so it goes to 'committee' and pushed to the next meeting and then the next. In the end it is not their money and the legal costs will be lost in the legal budget Big Cry

Post #391196 Wed Aug 07 2013 9:37pm
simple1

Fortunately, my battle isn't with LR but Sytner Group Ltd. by naming each Director aswell as the company, as you are required in law to do, the paper pushing and the committee meetings become more urgent because the Directors are not going to want their personal names besmirched or a chance of a ccj being awarded against them. Research shows that the group has only 4.5 mil disposable assets but obviously the clout of Newman-hass behind them. The joy of the small claims court system is that it doesn't matter how big the company is, this is court driven so no matter how they try and stall, they will be pushed to respond and appear or settle Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #391207 Thu Aug 08 2013 12:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 21 of 22 <123 ... 202122>