RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not so bullet proof TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 22 <123 ... 19 202122>

Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Very glad to hear that finally your ordeal is over. Thanks for providing a gripping account of the whole sorry tale.

I have a feeling given the reach of the forum that we might be soon picking up a Buckingham Blue TDV8 for sale - 'one careful owner, full service history...... 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #385289 Wed Jun 12 2013 11:18am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

No no no!!!
Cairns Blue!!!! Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #385290 Wed Jun 12 2013 11:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Glad to hear you're finally sorted. What an unbelievable saga.

Nice FF too Thumbs Up FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #385291 Wed Jun 12 2013 11:54am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Best of luck with the new motor.

Post #385303 Wed Jun 12 2013 2:06pm
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

After all of the aggravation you have had, I hope you can enjoy your FFR.
No one should have to go through that ordeal.
I hope LR have picked up on the feeling of the forum members regarding this and buck up their customer services. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #385318 Wed Jun 12 2013 3:25pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Having read through this thread over a long period, it's good to hear that you've had a (relatively) successful result.

However...if I'd have been through what you have, I wouldn't buy another LR of any description for the rest of my life!

Post #385322 Wed Jun 12 2013 4:19pm
Nik

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I doubt it.

Nik

ravingmad wrote:
After all of the aggravation you have had, I hope you can enjoy your FFR.
No one should have to go through that ordeal.
I hope LR have picked up on the feeling of the forum members regarding this and buck up their customer services.
 2015 Golf R DSG
Gone 2013 Mercedes C220 CDi AMG Sport Plus
Gone 2008 2.7 RRS HSE

Post #385323 Wed Jun 12 2013 4:20pm
simple1

Land Rover has gone from cottage industry to huge in 2 seconds flat. They have some new Directors there now from Audi and Ford amongst others. But like any company they follow scripts, out dated procedures and can't cope with the sudden growth. If you kicked arse they listen, but then it takes them weeks or months to resolve anything. The concept and model of customer relations is flawed and until that's sorted nothing will change. If I had driven my Sport through Gaydon's front window, they would have said, there there, and then taken weeks to decide what to do next. Frig me they can't pass info from dept to dept in a timely fashion.
Let you all know how I go on Friday when I get to see and drive the FF. I am assured its a proper car and its history proves its been looked after. Who buys Tyres from a dealer? Shocked 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385327 Wed Jun 12 2013 5:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simple1

Well...... Test drive today in FF. drives nicely, clean and tidy with a few minor marks but all panels are straight, the drivers seat has stretched a bit but rest are as new, AND IT DOESN'T MAKE NOISES. But the Brembos are white and all the discs are rusty Big Cry don't understand how my sport brakes remained black and shiney for 6 years Thumbs Up
Cleared my Sport out, de-led'ed it and said goodbye. Should get FF on Monday or Tuesday depending on sorting out phone bluetooth if it does actually have one and giving it a once over for warrantee. Sad day but at least I'll have a working vehicle again Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385510 Fri Jun 14 2013 10:25pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Simple,
Well we are also at the solicitors stage. Land Rover reckon that they are doing all the work on my car out of "goodwill" which is funny considering that it is still under warranty. I have demanded refund in full. And will take them as far as necessary in courts. Jaguar Land Rover Uk have also contacted me and advised that they feel that Australian Land Rover is doing the correct thing. What a joke. A car that cannot be driven regularly or reliably. About every 6 weeks it wakes itself up and drains the battery dead flat, and I mean flat, less than 2 volts. It has been flatbedded away now over 4 times, has had data loggers fitted etc. And is still at a dealers somewhere getting "fault finded". Enough. Money back now. We are also after consequential loss for the time, aggravation, plus actual out of pocket costs have been significant. Land Rover appear to have forgotten that the primary role of a motor vehicle is the ability to go from A to B, which this product has patently been unable to do on a regular, reliable basis. So it doesn't fit the definition of a motor vehicle in 2013. Add to that the bad publicity that this car has given Land Rover. All our friends/family/associates are amazed at both the faults, and Land Rovers response. What to say that hasn't already been said? SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #385675 Mon Jun 17 2013 10:02am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sad to see you are still not sorted Meccles Thud

LRCS need to wake up to the fact that selling new cars is all well and good but eventually buyers want another and experiences like these will put them off. Like all companies now they seem to work on the percentage of dissatisfied customers being low compared to the new expanding markets so why bother - a pretty poor attitude IMHO Evil or Very Mad

I am buying another only because I have had 6 fantastic LR's before the current poor one and a sweetener towards the new one but had the current one been my first I would be running a mile now Rolling Eyes

I really hope you get sorted soon Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #385678 Mon Jun 17 2013 10:48am
simple1

I'm afraid that it is a sad reflection of today's society, and there is little or no loyalty to the customer, much rather a " who the hell do you think you are? " especially from large companies.
In my case LR have been reasonably generous, Guy Salmon have been great but the bottom line is that as soon as you hand over your cash, you are on your own, have a bit more leverage if you have a finance company on board but general consensus seems to be that you'll run out of money before them if it goes legal, and they will take their own sweet time to follow some rather diverse agenda before doing anything. It is ridiculous that in this day and age of electronic communication things can be done instantly, and you shouldn't need to resort to sit down protests and threats of media attendance to get answers.
My only advice is do it right, get any and every response in writing and set dead lines and stuck to them. So give them 28 days to resolve the issue, then start the letter writing via a solicitor. It does work..... Eventually Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385687 Mon Jun 17 2013 12:19pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^^ I agree Simple1; a sad but true reflection.

It is somewhat inevitable when organisations become so large that there is "no-one" actually responsible for anything. The IT systems limit the extent to which any manager can exercise any discretion. In fact it has become the promotion of the non-involved so few employees are willing to go against the 'system'; or there may be no mechanism for them to do so even when they know it would be the right thing.

So the best way to progress through a large company is by saying yes to every demand but never actually doing anything because by doing nothing you're never wrong but by doing something you could be wrong and then every-one else will seek to pile any other issue on to the 'scapegoat' - it is an inevitable result of passing the management to the 'system'. usually the most discussed item on management meeting schedule is the date o the next meeting - whether its needed or not.

Customer service is a joke because it has become a take it or leave it situation; if the demand is within the system's defined scope fine if not you are screwed.

Go to the Law and it can take years as simple questions get batted around because no-one is going to be on the hook for an answer. One of the biggest UK Banks did an investment case for a company when I was chairman, they lost all the documentation when a staff member went to another Bank. It took 2 years to agree they had lost all the data, the another year to action their legal boys, they then lost the documentation we'd supplied, another year went by and a new legal team came in, they lost the data again. TEN years on and new staff new cockups !!!!! Forget getting justice and being right the law wont help you in any other way than consuming your cash at an alarming rate -- Rant over Big Cry

Post #385728 Mon Jun 17 2013 4:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The problem is that there is no legal link between the customer and LR. You buy from the dealer, not LR, so LR are not required to help. The dealer is unlikely to be able to help without LR's input though so they're struggling.

LR's focus is on increasing worldwide sales numbers. The loss of a few disgruntled UK owners is probably not considered to be an issue in "the big picture" for TATA. So we'll get annoyed and buy something else but China/India will be buying thousands of LR vehicles over the next few years - they're a premium product afterall (the price proves it Rolling Eyes ) and China and India are premium product-driven marketplaces; the love the right badge even more than the "new money" in the UK does.

If LR can make the newer products more inherently reliable then they'll be ok. The D3/RRS are complicated bits of kit with some silly "split it apart to service it" issues. Hopefully the new models coming out of Solihull will be better in this regard.

Unfortunately for we owners, the RRS is such a good all round vehicle that we're loathe to walk away in a way that we might with some other brands. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #385738 Mon Jun 17 2013 5:13pm
simple1

Will bet you a good steak dinner that cars going US of A have a much more stringent quality control. If American cousins will sue if you fart in the wrong key, be sure as hell more likely to kick off if their car keeps falling over.
The law and the set up of a governing body for manufacturers and retailers needs to be looked at in the UK. The sooner the better as there is no real control or a way of amalgermating the lot. As you say, dealer passes buck to LR, LR pass it back and before long, there is a sit down protest with coffee and chewy biscuits. Tin of fizzy wizzys for extra sugar rush too Bow down
But still took that to shake up some action from both sides which really is ridiculous. Big Cry 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #385752 Mon Jun 17 2013 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 20 of 22 <123 ... 19 202122>