RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Fuel burning heater not starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>

RRSNorway

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a remote controll kit for my heater? RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #371636 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:19pm
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Rob sent pm could you send me software as i cant get it cheers pete "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371637 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

madmackie wrote:
Rob sent pm could you send me software as i cant get it cheers pete

Software on its way to you Wink TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371664 Wed Jan 30 2013 11:50pm
madmackie

Thanks Rob are you sending on disc? or email ? "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371679 Thu Jan 31 2013 8:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RobP

madmackie wrote:
Thanks Rob are you sending on disc? or email ?

I was sending it on a disc but if you want it before hand I can send you a dropbox link to D/L it from? TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371766 Thu Jan 31 2013 4:36pm
madmackie

RobP wrote:
madmackie wrote:
Thanks Rob are you sending on disc? or email ?

I was sending it on a disc but if you want it before hand I can send you a dropbox link to D/L it from?

Disc is fine thanks Rob "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371769 Thu Jan 31 2013 5:13pm
erikh

HELP - the timer died...

So after getting the OBD and adapter cable I tried inserting the +,- and WBUS cable in the contact that goes into the timer. + for +, minus for minus and WBUS for WBUS. OBD cable indicated power but nothing happened in software.

So I clicked the contact into the timer again and no there is no power to the timer Banging Head Banging Head

Any help is appreciated, could I have shorted the thing???

Post #371998 Sat Feb 02 2013 7:28pm
RobP

Re: HELP - the timer died...

erikh wrote:
So after getting the OBD and adapter cable I tried inserting the +,- and WBUS cable in the contact that goes into the timer. + for +, minus for minus and WBUS for WBUS. OBD cable indicated power but nothing happened in software.

So I clicked the contact into the timer again and no there is no power to the timer Banging Head Banging Head

Did you check the +ve and -ve on the adapter cable were definitely going to the correct pins on the OBD plug?

These things are massed produced in china and I didn't trust the wiring colors. You MUST verify the cables are going to the right pins using a multimeter before plugging into your car TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #372001 Sat Feb 02 2013 7:43pm
erikh

RobP wrote:
erikh wrote:

Did you check the +ve and -ve on the adapter cable were definitely going to the correct pins on the OBD plug?

These things are massed produced in china and I didn't trust the wiring colors. You MUST verify the cables are going to the right pins using a multimeter before plugging into your car

I am afraid not - so then what? I mean the car starts but about the FBH I do not know as the timer gives no response/has no power.... What should I do?

Post #372002 Sat Feb 02 2013 7:45pm
RobP

erikh wrote:
I am afraid not - so then what? I mean the car starts but about the FBH I do not know as the timer gives no response/has no power.... What should I do?

Start by checking fuses. not sure where the fuse is for the timer though? TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #372003 Sat Feb 02 2013 7:54pm
erikh

RobP wrote:
erikh wrote:

Start by checking fuses. not sure where the fuse is for the timer though?

Good question, IŽll do a search and see what comes up, unless someone in here knows.

Post #372005 Sat Feb 02 2013 8:06pm
erikh

So an update, checked with multimeter the + gives no voltage, - is ok and WBUS seems ok too. So I guess I mistook the positive on the contact to the timer for the negative, that would trigger the fuse no?

Fuse nr. 28 in main fusebox is intact but I guess there must be another fuse on/in the FBH?

Does anyone know where? Tried googling to no avail....

Post #372059 Sun Feb 03 2013 2:18pm
erikh

Found the wires running down from the timer under the steering wheel (LHD btw). Methinks the picture here is of the fuse holder, but I am not sure. Is there a glass fuse in there perhaps? The + (positive) wire from the timer goes into this and the + is the one that doesnŽt give a reading on the multimeter. The orange is the WBUS line and there is a black (negative) one there also.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #372074 Sun Feb 03 2013 5:12pm
erikh

POWER ISSUE SOLVED

Power issue solved, there was a fuse inside the holder that was DOA when I opened it.

Now back to the drawing board in regards to the diagnostic cable. HereŽs what I think IŽll do:

1 - Solder positive/negative on adapter cable to the same on an extinct 12v sigaret outlet cable for dvds. This would ensure that I do not touch +/- again and short circuit.
2 - Diagnostic cable could go straight into the female timer contact holder (the one that goes into the males in the timer)
3 - Run software

This however sounds too easy.......

Post #372082 Sun Feb 03 2013 6:37pm
RobP

Re: POWER ISSUE SOLVED

erikh wrote:
Power issue solved, there was a fuse inside the holder that was DOA when I opened it.

Now back to the drawing board in regards to the diagnostic cable. HereŽs what I think IŽll do:

1 - Solder positive/negative on adapter cable to the same on an extinct 12v sigaret outlet cable for dvds. This would ensure that I do not touch +/- again and short circuit.
2 - Diagnostic cable could go straight into the female timer contact holder (the one that goes into the males in the timer)
3 - Run software

This however sounds too easy.......

Glad it was just a fuse

Sounds like a good plan Thumbs Up Just make sure the connections for + & - are the right way round. In theory the lighter socket would be ok IF it is permanent live?? I think it is only live with ign on though TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #372100 Sun Feb 03 2013 8:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>