Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>

Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

I'm Bodsy....... Confused Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #370233 Sun Jan 20 2013 6:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Bodsy wrote:
I'm Bodsy....... Confused

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Really sorry fella! Embarassed Embarassed That come from posting on several threads at the same time on different forums TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370238 Sun Jan 20 2013 6:35pm
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Rob let us know if it works and maybe list the items you have purchased and some photos etc it may well help others on here

Post #370239 Sun Jan 20 2013 6:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
madmackie

just had a look at this on the disco 3 site you said waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to complicated for me Whistle lol as i said Bodsy hes your man lol Rolling with laughter

Post #370240 Sun Jan 20 2013 6:41pm
RobP

I'm sure Bodsy would be able to sort my issue but
1. He is a bit far away from me.
2. He probably wont talk to me now that I have confused him with another member Embarassed

I had a good read through that thread and it seems that a lockout occurs after three no starts and the only way to clear is via a reset via faultmate, LR diagnostics or the lead I am putting together.

What surprised me was that a no start can occur if the fuel warning light is on. So if you start your motor below 5 deg with the fuel light on three times in succession without a successful start to break them up you have a lock out that needs a Censored dealer visit Shocked

Don't see any warnings of that in the handbook Exclamation

Using this lead I can reset the lockouts and also cycle the FBH a few times during the warmer weather to maintain operation.

If it all goes to plan I will post a how to guide with pics, if it doesn't work you may not hear from me again as I have disappeared in a cloud of burning diesel Rolling with laughter TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370252 Sun Jan 20 2013 7:34pm
madmackie

Sounds good let us lnow Thumbs Up

Post #370253 Sun Jan 20 2013 7:41pm
kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Yep I'm in the same boat. I've bought the cables from Martin and need to connect it all up. I'm going to make it so that the cables are connected to my OBD port so that I don't have to mess around in the engine bay every time I want to reset the FBH. Want to do a DIY job on your car? Check out the definitive 'how to' thread in the technical section Thumbs Up

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28424.html

Post #370310 Mon Jan 21 2013 12:06pm
madmackie

Got up this morning mine FBH isnt working again going back to get it reset if these leads work does anyone fancy making one up for me as im too thick to do it myself Bow down

Post #370311 Mon Jan 21 2013 12:12pm
kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

It's literally as simple as plugging a couple of wires into the back of a couple of connectors. Hardest thing is figuring out where to run the wires from the inside of the car to the FBH...does anyone have any suggestions? Want to do a DIY job on your car? Check out the definitive 'how to' thread in the technical section Thumbs Up

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28424.html

Post #370312 Mon Jan 21 2013 12:21pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

RobP wrote:
I'm sure Bodsy would be able to sort my issue but
1. He is a bit far away from me.
2. He probably wont talk to me now that I have confused him with another member Embarassed

Nah, I'll still talk to you Laughing Thumbs Up

Will be down your way In Feb if thats any use Mr. Green Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #370313 Mon Jan 21 2013 12:49pm
RobP

Bodsy wrote:

Nah, I'll still talk to you Laughing Thumbs Up

Will be down your way In Feb if thats any use Mr. Green

Glad to hear I didn't completely Censored you off.

If I haven't sorted it myself by Feb I may take you up on that offer Thumbs Up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370314 Mon Jan 21 2013 1:14pm
RobP

madmackie wrote:
Got up this morning mine FBH isnt working again going back to get it reset if these leads work does anyone fancy making one up for me as im too thick to do it myself Bow down

Based on the Disco3 post it is quite simple but that thread has got a bit deep and long. As I said once I get my leads I will post a how to guide along with details of what leads I got, links to the ebay items, and how I made them up.

Once I have posted a simplified how to, then let me know if you still cant do it! TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370315 Mon Jan 21 2013 1:21pm
madmackie

Thanks Rob i will do had all ecu parramiters re set again today still didnt fire up its now Censored me off big time i could do with one of these leads so if it cuts out i can reset it im going to get bodsy to do some software updates so if i havent got it going by the time he comes hopefully he will its worked superbly the last three days but not today going to go back to the local place again tomorrow to have him check it agian he will be sick of seeing me also looked at the thing bell autos are selling so you can press a button on a remote and it fires up without you getting in the car and it will also reset faults if i have read it correctly Has anyone fitted this unit or know anything about it Bodsy im in your hands HELP HELP Big Cry Big Cry

Post #370422 Mon Jan 21 2013 11:40pm
RobP

madmackie wrote:
Thanks Rob i will do had all ecu parramiters re set again today still didnt fire up its now Censored me off big time i could do with one of these leads so if it cuts out i can reset it im going to get bodsy to do some software updates so if i havent got it going by the time he comes hopefully he will its worked superbly the last three days but not today going to go back to the local place again tomorrow to have him check it agian he will be sick of seeing me also looked at the thing bell autos are selling so you can press a button on a remote and it fires up without you getting in the car and it will also reset faults if i have read it correctly Has anyone fitted this unit or know anything about it Bodsy im in your hands HELP HELP Big Cry Big Cry

Obviously I haven't got the BAS unit or I wouldn't be in this situation Rolling with laughter but it does seem very popular with the D3 guys. The reset part is part of its operation if it senses any fault codes it resets them before firing up the fbh. BUT all the remote does is warm up the coolant in the engine block. You still need to start the motor up for the heater fans to come on, but at least you have instant heat when you do.

Fitting is basically three wires. + battery , - battery and w bus (terminal 2) connection at FBH. Exactly the same connections as the lead I will be making up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370434 Tue Jan 22 2013 12:08am
madmackie

I hope it works you have your first customer Thumbs Up

Post #370437 Tue Jan 22 2013 12:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>