Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Fuel burning heater not starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>

RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

erikh wrote:
kav1187 wrote:
I'm not sure what's happening on the webasto website now as I didn't have to put any username/password details in before. I've sent them an email to see what's going on.

I just got a reply from Webasto that it is not free anymore........

Can someone please send me the software either via dropfile or email if it is not too large a file? Just pm me and we will work it out.

Thanks in advance Very Happy

Did you try via this link http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_thermo_test.htm I just successfully downloaded it again without any password.

If you can't then pm your email and I will send it to you as it's only 2mb TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371277 Mon Jan 28 2013 9:55pm
RobP

kav1187 wrote:
Rob - I just plugged it into my laptop which is running windows 7 and it automatically installed a driver. I assume it is a generic one as my XP laptop couldn't find one and was asking me to download one from the t'internet.

Cheers Kav, My lead would not power up even just plugged into laptop is wasn't showing up. Ebayer has sent a new one but I was just checking it wasn't a driver I was missing TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371279 Mon Jan 28 2013 10:01pm
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

hi rob how is it going any new yet as to whether it works which version of software is it as the link asks for username and password cheers pete "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371311 Mon Jan 28 2013 11:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RobP

madmackie wrote:
hi rob how is it going any new yet as to whether it works which version of software is it as the link asks for username and password cheers pete

Hi Pete

My first OBDII USB lead was dead so waiting for the replacement to turn up.

I did however download the software without problem and have ver 1.19 and 2.12 on my laptop so if needed I can stick em on dropbox once I know for sure which version is best Thumbs Up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371346 Tue Jan 29 2013 10:01am
erikh

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Ok guys, help me out here.

Seeing I already have the red/orange cable going into the FBH from the 1533 timer, what do I do then? I don't want to take that out unless it is necessary. I have ordered the usb to OBD cable as well as the adapter cable with +,- and k-line. The software is in place as well.

Is it possible to plug into the plug/socket that goes into 1533 timer (of course I can try but no point if you say there's no way Very Happy ) ?

Post #371355 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:14am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Yes, you can connect to the WBUS line from the 1533 timer (or split the wire and create an additional connection) Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #371359 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
erikh

Martin wrote:
Yes, you can connect to the WBUS line from the 1533 timer (or split the wire and create an additional connection) Smile

Perfect - then this is what I'll try. That actually means I do not have to open the bonnet at all. Man I am glad there are these types of forums.

If anyone needs tips in car detailing/washing/polishing I might help YOU out sometime Very Happy

Post #371362 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:31am
RobP

Erik.

Before I say anything I should warn you that if it all goes wrong I accept no responsibility!

Does that connector have 3 or 4 wires populated?

According to the wiring diagram there are 4 possible wires but the LR only needs three.

+ve -ve and w bus. The 4th is some sort of output.

If you could identify the wires in your connector for the important three then theoretically you could plug your wires into the respective terminals. TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371363 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:32am
madmackie

RobP wrote:
madmackie wrote:
hi rob how is it going any new yet as to whether it works which version of software is it as the link asks for username and password cheers pete

Hi Pete

My first OBDII USB lead was dead so waiting for the replacement to turn up.

I did however download the software without problem and have ver 1.19 and 2.12 on my laptop so if needed I can stick em on dropbox once I know for sure which version is best Thumbs Up

Thanks rob I couldn't download any software without username and password hop you leads works then you can make me one up for a fee of course Thumbs Up "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371364 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:36am
erikh

RobP wrote:
Erik.

Before I say anything I should warn you that if it all goes wrong I accept no responsibility!

Goes without saying mate Smile

RobP wrote:
Does that connector have 3 or 4 wires populated?

Three - Already confirmed with Webasto service tech guy locally that it is +,- and WBUS

Post #371365 Tue Jan 29 2013 11:38am
RobP

woohooo it lives Thumbs Up

Replacement lead arrived today, plugged it in and it worked Shocked

Faults cleared (low fuel as expected). Pump primed and then whoosh a nice satisfying cloud of burning diesel.

I used version 2.12 of the software and if anyone is having troubles downloading it PM me your email and I will send you a link to download it via dropbox

I found THIS on ebay. £50 plus post Shocked Rolling with laughter and he has just chopped the ends of a 2x2 lead Rolling with laughter TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371627 Wed Jan 30 2013 8:55pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Software downloads are here: http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_thermo_test.htm Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #371631 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:13pm
madmackie

RobP wrote:
woohooo it lives Thumbs Up

Replacement lead arrived today, plugged it in and it worked Shocked

Faults cleared (low fuel as expected). Pump primed and then whoosh a nice satisfying cloud of burning diesel.

I used version 2.12 of the software and if anyone is having troubles downloading it PM me your email and I will send you a link to download it via dropbox

I found THIS on ebay. £50 plus post Shocked Rolling with laughter and he has just chopped the ends of a 2x2 lead Rolling with laughter

Glad it works rob pm sent "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371633 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:16pm
madmackie

Martin using the link it asks for username and password so cant download cheers pete "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #371634 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:17pm
RobP

Martin wrote:
Software downloads are here: http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_thermo_test.htm

I know but some are reporting that it is asking for a username and password now though. I am still able to download it without issue

Just making the offer if anyone has an issue Thumbs Up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371635 Wed Jan 30 2013 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>