RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Fuel burning heater not starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>

shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Looks like mine is Censored , its worked fine up untill yesterday, Ive reset it and its just dead. It doesnt even attempt to start, so does anybody know how much a new one is fitted ? 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #370956 Fri Jan 25 2013 5:05pm
kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Shakeapaw, have you checked the fuse? It's in the fuse box in the engine bay, no 28 I believe. Wait till the car is in sleep mode then pull it out and put it back in. If it has locked up then this should clear it.

Also check that your fuel isn't in reserve.

If that fails then make up a lead like we have done and connect to it. Then you can test the components individually and see if/what is causing it to fail.

New ones are a few £££ plus about an hour's labour to fit.

Erikh, I believe you can use a faultmate but I'm not sure how much you can do with it as I don't have one Big Cry The kid we made only cost about £10 so it's way cheaper than buying a faultmate if it's just the FBH you want to fix. Want to do a DIY job on your car? Check out the definitive 'how to' thread in the technical section Thumbs Up

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28424.html

Post #370958 Fri Jan 25 2013 5:22pm
shakeapaw

Cheers for the reply, i did all of the above last year as it was locked out when i bought it. So its nothing that can be checked or reset im afraid, its dead 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #370965 Fri Jan 25 2013 5:41pm
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I would try what rob and kav have done if not at least go to a decent independant who might charge £35 and reset the error code its probably just locked out get it reset and purged or speak to bodsy on here i dont know where you are based but im sure someone could try a reset and purge before you go spending big money on a new unit close to a grand i would think "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #370967 Fri Jan 25 2013 6:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

pm sent "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #370968 Fri Jan 25 2013 6:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
erikh

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

shakeapaw wrote:
Looks like mine is Censored , its worked fine up untill yesterday, Ive reset it and its just dead. It doesnt even attempt to start, so does anybody know how much a new one is fitted ?

Might need a new burner? Bloke in Norwegian lrforum changed his no problemo.

Post #370976 Fri Jan 25 2013 7:14pm
erikh

I do have the 1533 oval timer inside the car and there should be a cable for this to be bought and then plug into my pc? Problem is I do not know what this cable is called...

Post #370977 Fri Jan 25 2013 7:22pm
RobP

kav1187 wrote:
Fantastic write up mate Thumbs Up

Good effort!

When trying to connect to the laptop I found that it worked in this order for me...

1. Connect OBD cable to laptop and install drivers
2. Load Webasto software
3. Wait for car to go into sleep mode (radio screen off, handbrake warning light on dash off) doors closed.
4. Select the correct COM port in the Webasto program
5. Connect cables to battery and heater
6. Start diagnosis
7....watch it hang...close the "initialising WTT window"
8. Start diagnosis
9. Tick on view to see live data.
10. View/clear faults
11. Fuel prime
12. Control>parking heater
13. Enjoy the bonfire

Kav
Which drivers did you use?? TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #370982 Fri Jan 25 2013 9:11pm
erikh

So it seems I already have the red wire in the FBH (Looks orange though in the pic due to flash), does this mean I can just plug the OBD2 to USB cable inside car and diagnose with the Webasto software?

Post #371120 Sun Jan 27 2013 7:43pm
RobP

The red cable (orange in your case Laughing ) is being used by the 1533 timer as that connects by w bus.

You MAY have a connection back to your OBDII port but it is not guaranteed. The only ways to be sure are checking for continuity between pin 7 on your ONDII socket and pin 2 on the FBH OR checking the back of the OBDII socket to see if pin 7 is populated. TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #371136 Sun Jan 27 2013 8:48pm
erikh

RobP wrote:
The red cable (orange in your case Laughing ) is being used by the 1533 timer as that connects by w bus.

You MAY have a connection back to your OBDII port but it is not guaranteed. The only ways to be sure are checking for continuity between pin 7 on your ONDII socket and pin 2 on the FBH OR checking the back of the OBDII socket to see if pin 7 is populated.

Your probably right, seeing I do have the 1533 timer. Then I would need to connect to the timer cable pin inside, but with what? I have ordered the OBD2 cable anyways as I am sure it will come in handy Very Happy

Post #371137 Sun Jan 27 2013 8:51pm
erikh

Here´s the back of my OBD port in the car, any clues as to wether or not the right cable is in the right place here?

Click image to enlarge

Post #371140 Sun Jan 27 2013 9:11pm
erikh

Ok,

So I just placed an order for an OBD2 to USB cable + adaptor cable OBD2 to +, - and diagnostic K-LINE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-to-USB-Lapt...43b7ef1c10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagnostic-Cable...231fb53058

Hopefully it will not take too long to get here.

I will then open the 1533 timer inside the car and look to see where I need to plug the +,- and diagnostic K cable in the socket that plugs into the 1533 now.

Now if I can just get the right link to the Webasto software...

Post #371143 Sun Jan 27 2013 10:06pm
kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Rob - I just plugged it into my laptop which is running windows 7 and it automatically installed a driver. I assume it is a generic one as my XP laptop couldn't find one and was asking me to download one from the t'internet.

Erikh, I got your PM but thought it best to reply on here - it doesn't look as if the wire goes to pin 7 on the diagnostic socket. It most likely connects to your oval timer as this talks to the heater.

I'm not sure what's happening on the webasto website now as I didn't have to put any username/password details in before. I've sent them an email to see what's going on. Want to do a DIY job on your car? Check out the definitive 'how to' thread in the technical section Thumbs Up

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28424.html

Post #371183 Mon Jan 28 2013 11:42am
erikh

kav1187 wrote:
I'm not sure what's happening on the webasto website now as I didn't have to put any username/password details in before. I've sent them an email to see what's going on.

I just got a reply from Webasto that it is not free anymore........

Can someone please send me the software either via dropfile or email if it is not too large a file? Just pm me and we will work it out.

Thanks in advance Very Happy

Post #371256 Mon Jan 28 2013 9:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>