RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > For sale - debate
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>

Jonny Fresh

England 

Another SW wrote:

Oh, and by the way, Another SW has nothing whatsoever to do with my name, but there may be one or two people who will know exactly what it stands for and how true it has turned out to be... Thumbs Up

Anyone know what he's going on about here?

Post #226095 Wed May 20 2009 11:48am
RLD
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 

Yep Serious wa***r If it can be made i will try if not i am up in a wood some where may be over the rain bow
ray@rld-tech.co.uk

Post #226096 Wed May 20 2009 11:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrLex

Iceland 

Another SW wrote:
[...] especially as I am in a position professionally to be of far more use to the members than any of you are ever likely to be to me. [...]

Lord Adonis, is that you? I had thought the S might stand for Stratstones, but then you used the word "professionally". Given the link to 911 and your dummy-spitting manner, perhaps you're Gordon Ramsey and we've all missed the chance of early reservations at Royal Hospital Road. Tant pis!

Post #226103 Wed May 20 2009 12:54pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I was trying to stay out of this post but feel to state my opinion. Please can someone explain what is this all about?

I thought that this forum is to help RRS owners to get insights from other, more experienced owners. And not a place to show off about someone's "importance". I have imagined that influential people are established enough and don't have the need to wave hands with their believed importance... Yawn

Martin would it not be wiser to make this site a private forum? Confused

Post #226105 Wed May 20 2009 12:56pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

This has to be one of the most ridiculous over reactions of all time. Martin has introduced a charge for selling items, not really a major issue as sellers are using this site to their benefit and a small charge is not in my view unreasonable. I stated that if members had coughed up donations this situation would not have occurred. Most strange. Confused 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #226106 Wed May 20 2009 1:00pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

One of you fella's must have RRS parts or associated 'bits' that can be donated to be sold on the site. That seems to be a great way of generating forum interest as well as some money.

Maybe CHPR have some bits in their parts bins that would be useful, if not to RRSPORT, then feel free to sell the relevant interest bits on Disco3 as it always goes down well there Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #226112 Wed May 20 2009 1:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
C10KO

VA, my comment was ment in positive manner. Sorry if I have expressed myself not right.
Personally, I do not have issue paying for posting charges and am even willing to pay a memeber fee. This page has been a great help to me and saved me a lot of money. Do not see a reason why not make it a private RRS CLUB... Thumbs Up
That was all...

Post #226113 Wed May 20 2009 1:14pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Coko - I wasn't directing anything at you, my comment was generic. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #226116 Wed May 20 2009 1:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

As a forum sponsor, i find the fee's charged to be fair and proportionate to other forums i sponsor based on the level of business and 'support' i get from the forum and it's members.

I think charging for posting items for sale is fair game, considering the level of hits the website gets and specific items which will be of interest to members/guests on the site. I for one, have sold a number of high value cars via this forum including an Audi RS4 Saloon back in 2006! Have met some really good friends through the site, so i want it continue for a long time yet!

I think a lot of people are over reacting on this issue. If you don't like the charges, simple.. don't post anything for sale! Everything else is free on here and you can mooch all you like and take whatever you want from the forum. Some people use this forum for a chat room, others just to pop in/out for info on their cars.. each to their own! Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #226117 Wed May 20 2009 1:20pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Jees. Martin's site, Martin's decision, if you don't like it, go............let's be happy that this site is still operational and not defunct.

If you sell something, you contribute via the charges, if you appreciate the banter and entertainment, trickle a little money love via the Donations page.

Lets face it, with some that have come and gone on here, you would pay big money to see such delights at the circus Wink

VA - If you know who "we" are, rather than just posting a somewhat generic statement, it would surely be more constructive to PM people with a suggested amount or to match whatever you have contributed Wink Question L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #226118 Wed May 20 2009 1:22pm
C10KO

@ VA Thumbs Up

Post #226119 Wed May 20 2009 1:23pm
ViewWise

I cant believe i even have to clarify this to a bunch of grown men.

Over and over again you guys are missing the point every (sensible) person in this thread is getting at.

WHY ARE THE COSTS SO HIGH?!

Here is some basic maths. Lets not even consider the so generous seeming D3 brigade. RRSPORT:

10 sponsors on the sponsors link at the top. Paying £120+ each a year (i suspect they are paying more than £10 a month since ive seen atleast one complain about the payments Razz but its a simple low figure to work with )

= £1200

+ i donated like 50+ last year after CHPR helped me out.
+ say even if everyone else only donated a combined 100+.

= £1350+ Thumbs Up...and by the way your going on your plenty short ? Laughing

You only reply to people who are blindly just donating or say they have no problem with donating so dont ask the question. I have no problem with Martin making money off it. Just dont go saying its for running costs.

I for one wont be donating again. Very dissapointed with the attitude (not to mention i remember not receiving any kind of thanks/confirmation emails).

with lines like..

Martin wrote:
If you're wealthy enough to own and run an RRS then I've no doubt you're wealthy enough to run a web site as a hobby.

The guy said his site cost £100 a year. My 12 year old sister can afford that. Its got nothing about being wealthy.... but i get the gist of the statement. We RRS obviously make more money right, so shouldnt complain about a little here and there.

oh and VA

Very Annoyed wrote:
At the end of the day this is Martin's site, his baby and if he decides to pull the plug because it's not worth his time and effort many of us will regret it.

Its all about money. I dont think hes complained about his time and effort anywhere. Most of it get wasted babysitting the D3 guys anyways by the looks of the announcements.

Very Annoyed wrote:
mercuryl - I stand by what I say and I'm still ashamed of certain members on this forum, maybe I should have qualified exactly who the post was aimed at originally but if you read my later post I think it makes it clear. Personally I think ASW spat his dummy out and completely overreacted.

...your later post read:

Very Annoyed wrote:
I'm ashamed of many of the site members - they spend hours on here and contribute financially nothing. We know who you are.
to those who have donated in the past. We know who you are too.

This is probably one of the most shocking things ive read in this thread. Its a FREE forum. Hold on its YOUR guys free forum. Why not ban them? Obviously you dont want them around because there not donating..... o wait a minute. If they werent around maybe this forum would be dead with noone left to pester about donating like the fullfat site?

While im at it...
NoDo$h wrote:
We all get more out of these forums than we do from magazines etc, and we don't prod the publishers for a breakdown of their printing costs.

Magazines arent hiding or denying the fact they are there to make a profit. Its a product. If you want it then you go buy it.

This is actually why im not against these fees for listing. Your paying for something useful BUT the negative affects of this outweigh the benefits. Theres garenteed to be less things for sale. Alot of people put stuff for sale as a feeler, eg there not fussed if it doesnt sell for the asking price because theyll just keep it. Plus it still bugs me its only this forum its been implemented on.

Anyways i wrote this and didnt just "f**k of cos i didnt like it" because i will keep using the forum because it is a useful still mainly free resource and if it helps to make a few people change their attitudes then win win. WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #226135 Wed May 20 2009 2:16pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

I MISSED ALL THIS !!!!!! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down Bow down

Martin - i am with you and as usual i will pay my donation personally in cash next time i see you Thumbs Up

Cause i think this site f******** Censored rocks commercial or not Wink Bow down 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #226138 Wed May 20 2009 2:54pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

OK i have read with interets and must say that i have found this site a great help in good and bad times and the banter is great, on reflection maybe i could donate more than i have and that will change moving forward (but i am a Yorkie Whistle .)

Martin you stated that you are open to ideas, whilst i was a member of the Lexus owners forum http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ you have free area and gold member status http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/ , cost if memory served me correct at £25 per year, for this you received your own gold members forum, members card, window sticker and dealers signed up to provide discount on service and spares, i made my money back in spades on parts and service in the 3 years i was a member, have you considered something similar here?

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up

Post #226142 Wed May 20 2009 3:10pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
I'm ashamed of many of the site members - they spend hours on here and contribute financially nothing. We know who you are.
Thumbs Up to those who have donated in the past. We know who you are too.

Hmmm......I've stayed out of this as I don't want to be involved in any more discussions where someone feels they are higher and mightier than me ( You know who you are Exclamation ) ..........

But VA who exactly is this statement directed at Question

As a very poor RRS owner I will in due course make a donation comparable to a magazine subscription. Which I have done before. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #226143 Wed May 20 2009 3:10pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>