RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > For sale - debate
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>

RLD
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 

Just say it has you mean to don't beat about the bush Andrew Thumbs Up If it can be made i will try if not i am up in a wood some where may be over the rain bow
ray@rld-tech.co.uk

Post #226025 Tue May 19 2009 9:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Post #226026 Tue May 19 2009 9:40pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I can't understand why ASW got so irate over paying for use of the forum, when the Martins OP saying nothing about that coming into force at the moment

I can only presume, (because i have no idea who his is Rolling Eyes ) he had lots and lots of things to sell and begrudged paying for them to be listed

May be he own a second hand parts company Rolling with laughter

Post #226031 Tue May 19 2009 9:52pm
RLD
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Laughing or a rag man If it can be made i will try if not i am up in a wood some where may be over the rain bow
ray@rld-tech.co.uk

Post #226032 Tue May 19 2009 9:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG

United Kingdom 

Another SW wrote:

For the record, though, you clearly have absolutely no idea who I am and, more to the point, what I am capable of contributing to this forum in terms of advice, influence and assistance... It is no coincidence that I have learned nothing about Land Rover from this site that I didn't already know, yet, if you care to trawl through my posts you will find that I have shared a great deal of detailed product knowledge in the short time I have been here.

Sadly I took you up on your offer of reading through your posts Rolling Eyes

All I could see was "Blah... Blah... Blah" and you asking "How do I? ...why does it?...." Rolling with laughter

"shared a great deal of detailed product knowledge " Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Yawn

Post #226034 Tue May 19 2009 10:09pm
AndrewHG2

I`ve found this forum a very helpful and enjoyable resource, and hope to repay my gratitude to it, in some way, shape or form. I fully support the new decision to charge for listing.

But... having setup / hosted / administered many forums, I`m curious about why this forum has such high maintenance costs ? I`m sure, if these costs were briefly explained it would enable people to have a clearer understanding of your current position, and maybe offer advice or assistance.

The forum is blessed with a fine bunch of sponsors, who`s contributions "I`d" have thought would handsomly cover the yearly costs ? But that`s just from my personal opinion, from previous experience.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards - The web has been enriched by the treasure that is RRSPORT.CO.UK Thumbs Up

Post #226035 Tue May 19 2009 10:11pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There clearly are some unpleasant people within this forum. It's a good forum, but the trouble with some people is that they use such places to snipe at others from the safety of a pseudonym bunker.

There are others who claim that their arrogant rudeness is a sense of humour.

Maybe the person who started the anger in the thread should apologise and everyone can get back to being dignified human beings. It takes a strong person to admit they were wrong. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #226037 Tue May 19 2009 10:24pm
NoDo$h

Would it be so terrible if Martin wanted to actually put a couple of quid in the bank for all his efforts? We all get more out of these forums than we do from magazines etc, and we don't prod the publishers for a breakdown of their printing costs. Thumbs Up Two lives - lived one

This season, oi be mostly toasting my left leg in the 90 while the missus drives the D3

Post #226039 Tue May 19 2009 10:32pm
DG

United Kingdom 

mercuryl wrote:
It takes a strong person to admit they were wrong.

I'm sorry Embarassed

But ultimately who is wrong ?? Wink

You say that people hide behind a pseudonym bunker.... and then in the next sentence fail to say who you are referring too Rolling Eyes . Have the balls to say it was me chap . I'm not offended by anything ...especially from chumps Thumbs Up Does that offend you ? I'm sorry if it does..... there ...I'm strong again Cool

As for dignified human beings ..............then put your friggin hands in your pockets and do the dignified thing for the site owner Very Happy

Chow Rolling with laughter

Post #226041 Tue May 19 2009 10:41pm
dazsear

England 

Not wanting to stir up more issues, however out of interest.....

What sort of money do the site sponsors donate to the site, afterall other traders entries are shunned unless they are a site sponsor. I apreciate some sponsors get more trade than others so there must be some form of sliding scale to their fees.

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #226042 Tue May 19 2009 10:42pm
NoDo$h

Ooooh, that would be about.....

none of you business Thumbs Up

Sorry, but it just isn't good commercial sense to wave rates around. Two lives - lived one

This season, oi be mostly toasting my left leg in the 90 while the missus drives the D3

Post #226043 Tue May 19 2009 10:46pm
dazsear

England 

Seems fair to me, you could sell a Censored load of items and before you know it might have paid as much as a sponsor.

What is wrong with a little honesty......

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #226044 Tue May 19 2009 10:49pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

DG wrote:
mercuryl wrote:
It takes a strong person to admit they were wrong.

I'm sorry Embarassed

But ultimately who is wrong ?? Wink

You say that people hide behind a pseudonym bunker.... and then in the next sentence fail to say who you are referring too Rolling Eyes . Have the balls to say it was me chap . I'm not offended by anything ...especially from chumps Thumbs Up Does that offend you ? I'm sorry if it does..... there ...I'm strong again Cool

As for dignified human beings ..............then put your friggin hands in your pockets and do the dignified thing for the site owner Very Happy

Chow Rolling with laughter

When I said someone was wrong. I was actually referring to VA. I think Another SW made a valid point. I think VA was unwise to use the language that he did .... "ashamed", "we know who you are". I think if he hadn't used that language then the thread wouldn't have gone down this route and may have been constructive.

DG, I think you are being rude. Firstly to other people and now to me. There's no need for it. We're just trying to debate an issue. If you are unable to debate and decide to dish out insults instead, then I'm afraid that says more about you than the people you are insulting.

That very recent poster made a good point. How much are we talking about? I think charging for adverts is a valid point, well made by Martin. No need for VA to use that language. Instead, he should maybe have considered saying "... Martin is right about the adverts and could you all please consider making a donation if you haven't done so already." I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #226045 Tue May 19 2009 10:50pm
DG

United Kingdom 

Shocked

Well now I know it was VA ..then I agree with you Laughing

Sorry to be so direct chaps Thumbs Up ...you would be used to this direct and in your face type of humour if you bought a D3 Wink

I'll bow out and leave you all to ponder site closure Whistle

Last edited by DG on Tue May 19 2009 11:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #226046 Tue May 19 2009 10:54pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

mercuryl - I stand by what I say and I'm still ashamed of certain members on this forum, maybe I should have qualified exactly who the post was aimed at originally but if you read my later post I think it makes it clear. Personally I think ASW spat his dummy out and completely overreacted.

Now take a deep breath chaps and calm down.

At the end of the day this is Martin's site, his baby and if he decides to pull the plug because it's not worth his time and effort many of us will regret it. I have been banging on about donations for years on this site and have tried the nice approach, the direct approach and the sterner approach and with very little effect. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #226047 Tue May 19 2009 11:02pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>