RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > For sale - debate
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>

Mail Order Ride

I too have just ploughed through eight pages and am keen to help financially as I actually do rate the site as a good resource

On the other hand I have totally no idea of what would be a fair amount

Consequently it would be useful if someone could give me a breakdown of the sites hosting costs and also how much income the sponsors generate

I could then take a rough guess as to how many of the registered members are still active and divide the difference of the two figures above

Many thanks in advance

Post #226328 Thu May 21 2009 10:15pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

sorry chaps, but its as simple as donate or don't - the amount doesn't matter either imo - I think we all know the hosting costs are low and any other revenue is profit which Martin uses to develop the sites, purchase merchandise and most importantly pay himself something for all of his efforts. Its very easy to say a forum is easy to set up and run, however it takes many years of effort to get a site to this standard

I run three car forums however also am not currently being made redundant (http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13855.html) so do not have to panic about how to develop my income so for the moment they are free

Martin is not asking for everyone to donate - he was purely asking making a rule that if anyone wants to sell something on the site, then they pay a listing fee - simples!!!

Personally, unlike VA, I really don't think anything less of anyone who doesn't donate - you don't have to do anything.

Kaine

Post #226335 Thu May 21 2009 10:46pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

besides, with all the serious talk, we have forgotten about the true meaning of rrsport.co.uk

BOOBIES

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/

enjoy Cool

Post #226336 Thu May 21 2009 10:54pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

back to normal

Post #226339 Thu May 21 2009 11:07pm
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Kaine wrote:
sorry chaps, but its as simple as donate or don't - CUT

Personally, unlike VA, I really don't think anything less of anyone who doesn't donate - you don't have to do anything.

Kaine

Yes, that's the way it should be, donations are donations, as I said what got on people nerves, on mines at least it the shaming of members who chose not to donate.

And again, I do not agree with a fee to access the site or some special privileges.

p.s just to clarify, I did donate a couple of times, but did it voluntarily! '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #226343 Thu May 21 2009 11:14pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Lest us not forget that VA's comments are like ours, personal and may / may not reflect the general concensus within this forum.

They did not come from the owner of this site - Martin. There is a massive difference. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #226349 Fri May 22 2009 12:21am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

OK.
Now we flog VA ! Laughing Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #226350 Fri May 22 2009 12:28am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

No, me me me Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #226351 Fri May 22 2009 12:32am
Bobby

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Malaysia Boleh!

Post #226352 Fri May 22 2009 1:03am
dazsear

England 

Kaine wrote:
sorry chaps, but its as simple as donate or don't - the amount doesn't matter either imo - I think we all know the hosting costs are low and any other revenue is profit which Martin uses to develop the sites, purchase merchandise and most importantly pay himself something for all of his efforts. Its very easy to say a forum is easy to set up and run, however it takes many years of effort to get a site to this standard

I run three car forums however also am not currently being made redundant (http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13855.html) so do not have to panic about how to develop my income so for the moment they are free

Martin is not asking for everyone to donate - he was purely asking making a rule that if anyone wants to sell something on the site, then they pay a listing fee - simples!!!

Kaine

Can I apologise for this post in advance for any offence it may cause but my profession has lead me to be a little cynical.....oh well fingers crossed here I go!

I started reading this thread and initially disagreed with the concept of private sellers having to pay fees, my idea of the site was to help out other members get items at a good price. This also goes for any advice passed out to other members to help them cut down on motoring costs.

Sorry if this sounds a little naive but I don’t see such these websites as a profit making venture, I am a member of many motorbike sites and have never considered paying for my membership. I certainly don’t want to start now for the simple reason that I drive an expensive car.
There are more than enough people (including the government) that want to ‘rape’ me wallet for my choice of vehicle, I certainly don’t want this site to follow such a regime!

I too would like to see a little transparency before I start to throw out money to support the site, how much does that site cost....how much do sponsors pay etc...

Now I certainly don’t expect Martin or any of the others connected with this site go into debt for my benefit....NOR DO I expect that they will profit out of the site either.

I for one like the site and want to be remain a member for a long time but the more I think about the donation I gave a few days a go, the more I wondered if I had actually made a good decision

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #226353 Fri May 22 2009 1:25am
Bobby

Daz, it has been pointed out time and again that a donation is a donation is a donation. Its voluntary, period! If you feel that your wallet is being raped already and that if you drive an expensive car you need not donate - then don't. Smile

Martin's original post was regarding something like a "commission" from a commercial deal that goes through this site. Same thing as you would pay a broker, salesman, housing agent etc. Again, if you are not comfortable with this arrangement then don't sell anything via this site. Very Happy

Just carry on being a member like the rest of us and enjoy! Don't think too much about the donation you gave recently, its done. You gave in good faith, that's all that matters. Sweet dreams and sleep well! Laughing Malaysia Boleh!

Post #226354 Fri May 22 2009 1:53am
paulL

Spain 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I donated £20 a couple of years ago and didn't even get an email or pm thanks. Surely that would have been courteous... 2013 RRS SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE - gone -
2005 RRS TDV6 HSE - gone -

Post #226356 Fri May 22 2009 4:37am
Bobby

paulL wrote:
I donated £20 a couple of years ago and didn't even get an email or pm thanks. Surely that would have been courteous...

Yes, you have a point. Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!

Post #226357 Fri May 22 2009 4:40am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Bobby wrote:
Same thing as you would pay a housing agent

And believe me that would be WAY MORE EXPENSIVE ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Bobby wrote:
OK.
Now we flog VA !

Rolling with laughter Bow down 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #226365 Fri May 22 2009 7:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

paulL wrote:
I donated £20 a couple of years ago and didn't even get an email or pm thanks. Surely that would have been courteous...

Paul, I'm very sorry that you didn't receive a thanks - I do try to get in touch with everyone who donates, but I can't say why you were missed, but please accept my belated thanks and apologies. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #226374 Fri May 22 2009 9:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>