Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>

LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Come on mr 'plug in' box man...spell IT OUT FOR ME Wink

Post #2071 Wed Aug 31 2005 8:25am
BN

England 

Hi gents, love a battle and I know what TC's answer is as they are bringing a car to my off road event on the 18th Sept to prove it.

One downside of TC's is that when the car dies as mine has at the moment with brain failure the Dastek box will not. However TC have promissed that a reload would be available FOC I think.

Mr Dastek, what does your mod do to the low end torque when the vehicle is used for towing or off roading as I am not interested in speed. Where does the torque come in and what is the maximum torque at say around 1800rpm

Post #2097 Fri Sep 02 2005 4:13pm
LRtuning

May I remind everyone that whatever 'plug in' box they use....it will still need to removed before servicing, warranty work and/or at a breakdown at the side of a busy motorway on a wet winters night...with no torch....and frozen fingers tips hoping the landrover assist guy will not spot it!!! Wink

Post #2099 Fri Sep 02 2005 5:05pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
TDV6 tuning article in "4x4 & MPV Driver" maga

In the September 2005 issue of '4x4 & MPV Driver' magazine is an article on remapping of a Range Rover Sport TDV6 by DMS Automotive. See my gallery for a scan of the article. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2112 Fri Sep 02 2005 11:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hokoyo

Australia 

Thanks for the post of the article Matt.

Do all the other diesel owners think that it needs a chip? Can anyone post some before and after graphs showing power and torque before and after chipping? Is the comment that the chipped diesel is as good power wise as the V8 true?

Post #2113 Sat Sep 03 2005 2:18am
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Nice one matt, thanks for the article – the performance increase is pretty impressive.

One question for Turbochip and Dastek.

I am virtually convinced that a torque/BHP increase by either programming or plug in box is worthwhile for the TDV6.

However, in view of the apparent gains in performance indicated in Matts magazine article what is your view or recommendation about brake upgrades? I gather that Land Rover fit larger front and rear disks to the 4.4 V8 so should this be done along with diesel tuning?. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #2165 Wed Sep 07 2005 9:00pm
Biggles

England 

hokoyo wrote:
Thanks for the post of the article Matt.

Do all the other diesel owners think that it needs a chip? Can anyone post some before and after graphs showing power and torque before and after chipping? Is the comment that the chipped diesel is as good power wise as the V8 true?

Cant post before and after, but can tell you it does make a very noticed difference. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2169 Wed Sep 07 2005 10:44pm
LRtuning

At the end of the day it depends on the driver....I can make the brakes fade on any car chipped or standard.....if a forum member wishes to go the 'whole hog' and fit larger brakes then it will not be wasted but we are also limited by tyre size and design and the amount of rubber actually in contact with the road surface etc.

Post #2172 Thu Sep 08 2005 12:21am
LRtuning

Just to let forum members know I shall be doing 'whistle stop' tour of Europe, the far east, Austrlia and the US/Canada in the next 6 weeks...so any members reqyuring an upgrade on their RR Sport TDV6 should let me know asap Wink

Post #2435 Mon Sep 19 2005 6:50am
Deako

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Decided I want the turbochip remap...but my local dealer in Warrington only fits commercials Sad

Hoping turbochip will give me a bell soon! Very Happy

Post #2875 Mon Oct 03 2005 1:11pm
Deako

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Many thanks to Biggles! Cool

Had a good chat and have now spoken to Mick to get the remap done late next week...cheers mate!

Very Happy

Post #2876 Mon Oct 03 2005 1:44pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

Just had a quick scan through this topic. There seems to be lots of opinions/discussion but has anyone on the forum actually had any of these modifications carried out yet or did I miss this in my brief scan?

I have a 4.4 and would consider changing to a diesel if it did what seems to be promised by these mods. I have a build slot coming up at the year end at which point I have to decide whether to stay in the 4.4 or change to a TDV6 or a S/C. Decisions, decisions. Laughing

Post #2877 Mon Oct 03 2005 1:48pm
LRtuning

Simon, stop being a petrol head.....I 'converted' to diesel 3 years ago and wouldnt drive anything else.....even maserati will be offering a diesel model next year Wink

Post #2878 Mon Oct 03 2005 2:06pm
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Quote:
Simon posted; Just had a quick scan through this topic. There seems to be lots of opinions/discussion but has anyone on the forum actually had any of these modifications carried out yet or did I miss this in my brief scan?

I have a 4.4 and would consider changing to a diesel if it did what seems to be promised by these mods. I have a build slot coming up at the year end at which point I have to decide whether to stay in the 4.4 or change to a TDV6 or a S/C. Decisions, decisions. Laughing

Simon, I had my TDV6 upgraded by Turbochip on Saturday. Since then have done 750 miles on same as usual mixed roads. So far I have noticed that the MPG is up by 3.5 to 25 but more usefully for me, the performance difference is very significant. The RRS will now out drag a friends Dico3 V8 HSE albeit just, but just is a huge difference such that he was amazed and “won’t bother with a V8 again unless it’s a diesel”

Similarly I was chatting with my dealer last week (Taunton Landrover) and the sales guy’s private view was that irrespective of chipping, the ordinary V8 makes no sense and with a chip upgrade the balance is massively waited towards the TDV6. Apart from the V8’s cosmetic advantage of shiny exhaust tips, it’s engine note and of course the new friendship you will develop with your local petrol station - all important factors.

There will probably be a notable deprecation difference as well – that may or may not be an issue in itself.

As for has anyone had the upgrade – clearly I have and so has Biggles, both Turbochip, not sure about others. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #2910 Tue Oct 04 2005 12:11pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Simon wrote:
I have a build slot coming up at the year end at which point I have to decide whether to stay in the 4.4 or change to a TDV6 or a S/C. Decisions, decisions. Laughing

go into the dealer and say...

"Supercharge Me!"
 L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2915 Tue Oct 04 2005 1:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>