Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Chipping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 13 <123 456 ... 111213>

Biggles

England 

Deako wrote:
Many thanks to Biggles! Cool

Had a good chat and have now spoken to Mick to get the remap done late next week...cheers mate!

Very Happy

Glad to be able to help Deako,
Now wheres turbochip when you want him (all this promotion on the forum must be worth something) Wink Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2918 Tue Oct 04 2005 2:23pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Has anyone had the limiter removed? Can the RRS get up to 220-225 kms ( 130-140 mph) per hour ? RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #2922 Tue Oct 04 2005 4:01pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

I'll buy you a shandy biggles Wink

We are currently targeting the German market for speed limit removal but we will happily do it on any forum member's car Wink

Post #2953 Wed Oct 05 2005 6:14pm
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Turbochip: i have a RRS HSE 4.4 V8 Petrol - i am interested in your airfilter, but more so in a chip tune - Is/Will there be some tuning available for the petrol engines as well? - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #3013 Thu Oct 06 2005 8:17pm
Biggles

England 

turbochip wrote:
I'll buy you a shandy biggles Wink

We are currently targeting the German market for speed limit removal but we will happily do it on any forum member's car Wink

Make it a Baileys on Ice and its a deal, Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3017 Thu Oct 06 2005 9:21pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

gribnau wrote:
Turbochip: i have a RRS HSE 4.4 V8 Petrol - i am interested in your airfilter, but more so in a chip tune - Is/Will there be some tuning available for the petrol engines as well?

On another thread TC does say that the airfilter is compatible with any RRS Very Happy & he will let us have one to try and evaluate for ourselves ( nice bloke ) It would appear that RRUK is going to give it a try. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3023 Thu Oct 06 2005 11:08pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

JE Engineering at Coventry have now released their upgrade.
The figures are Bhp 235 and Torque 575Nm. They reckon thats good for 0-60 time of 2 secs less than standard. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #10168 Wed Jan 11 2006 9:18pm
LRtuning

Josh

How are JE Engineering carrying out the modification? Do they remove the ecu or is it diagnostic like our system via OBDII

Whats the price?

It's funny how they still have not updated their website???? Chips with everything

Post #10173 Thu Jan 12 2006 12:13am
PaulB

England 

TC,

The JE upgrade is via the OBDII I believe. I doubt anyone knows Land Rovers better than JE. I'll be getting mine done as soon as it is run in Very Happy

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #10176 Thu Jan 12 2006 1:10am
LRtuning

Paul,

JE cannot do the car via OBDII port......only ourselves and autologic can do that!

It's nice to see you 'support' JE with your comments but unhelpful to members if you do not actually have the facts!

JE may know loads about 'big petrol' conversions for Land Rover but they are limited in their knowledge of diesel engines. TC were tuning TDV6 engines 14 months ago and no one knows more about LR electronic diesel engines than us!!

ps It's funny how JE dealers keep sending me TDV6 ecus every week...I even got one yesterday....hmmmm Wink Chips with everything

Post #10180 Thu Jan 12 2006 8:26am
Josh

United Kingdom 

You forgot to add that Racing Green are also fitting the same upgrade via the OBD11 port as supplied to them by Autologic. RG are the cheapest at £495 + vat.
Autologic are now also advertising the upgrade, don't know the price yet.
No doubt Overfinch are also supplying the same tune done via the OBD11 port? As TC supplies them. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #10182 Thu Jan 12 2006 9:51am
Josh

United Kingdom 

I should think Racing Green know a thing or two about this primarily Jaguar engine, as they have been tuning it for alot longer than anyone else in the S Type.
By the way they tell me the tune was modified by Autologic on a rolling road before it was released for sale and that the Bhp is 240 and the torque was reduced from 560 to 510Nm. Must be a reason for that? Confused TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #10183 Thu Jan 12 2006 10:01am
PaulB

England 

TC,

I will confirm how JE install the upgrade, but I don't understand what point you are making when you claim that JE dealers are sending you ECUs.
JE have only just released their TDV6 upgrade, so you claim has ne relevence in this instance.

"limited in their knowledge of diesels" you have got to be joking Confused

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #10184 Thu Jan 12 2006 10:05am
Josh

United Kingdom 

TC,

The question is which Bhp and torque figures are the correct ones and have you or one of the other companies sold a tune that dosen't match the figures that are being quoted? Throwing mud at other companies dosen't answer that question.
As long as your customers are happy with the product, thats up to them. The only way they will ever know is to put it on a dyno.
So the challenge is to get you, RG, Overfinch and Autologic all singing from the same song sheet so that the customer is not confused about the product, as I am. Confused TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #10186 Thu Jan 12 2006 10:34am
LRtuning

Josh,

Without going into the details of TC's agreement with Autologic there is basically 2 TC tunes available 240 bhp and 250 bhp with respective Nm variations.

Our 250 bhp software borders on the 'smokey' side and it is for this reason that Autologic have opted for the the 240 bhp software developed by us.

Racing Green are not aware of the relationship between TC and Autologic and are probably quoting the original information they were supplied rather than the 'finished' product Wink

Paul and Josh,

I am in no way 'slinging mud' but drawing attention to the fact JE cannot upgrade TDV6 engines by diagnostic means and the reference to their dealers sending TC ecus to 'chip' is a bizarre situation given the 'release' of JE's software.

I have no problem going head to head with any tuner with a like for like product i.e. software update and no additional modifications such as intercoolers etc.

Paul, we have tuned 256 TDV6 engines in the last 14 months and no body in the world has more experience of this engine that TC

If I wanted my Petrol LR tuned I would go to JE without hesistation but if I wanted a diesel LR upgraded I'd come to us Wink

31 LR dealers in the UK who deal direct with TC cant be wrong?? Can they? Chips with everything

Post #10285 Thu Jan 12 2006 11:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 13 <123 456 ... 111213>