Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>

PaulB

England 

Last edited by PaulB on Sun Feb 19 2006 11:25pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #13732 Sun Feb 19 2006 4:57pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

I know they do but Paul do us all a favour and ask JE to come onto the forum and do their own promotion work.

You must be on a good retainer to them Wink Chips with everything

Post #13740 Sun Feb 19 2006 6:15pm
PaulB

England 

Last edited by PaulB on Sun Feb 19 2006 11:48pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #13755 Sun Feb 19 2006 8:20pm
noddy and bigears

England 

PaulB wrote:
You're right TC, JE have 4 engine dynos and are based in Coventry.

Paul
so should that not read totaltuning je have 4 engine dynos etc i agree with TC to many "proffesionals" Rolling Eyes are hiding behind the scenes so to speak come on be brave COME ON DOWN as the game show said Laughing

Post #13759 Sun Feb 19 2006 9:07pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Dear all

I am a little concerned about the number of tuning companies using the site, and particularly this thread, for business enquiries and questions.

The site is a community site and is not a business portal - the purpose of this thread is to discuss chipping procedures and companies from a personal experience level and to allow those companies who have permission to do so to answer specific questions if posed, and also to offer general advice.

It is not fair on either myself, fellow forum members or the site sponsors, and is against the spirit of the site, to surreptitiously pose questions on behalf of a business and cause friction and arguments. This site should not be used in that manner, companies who wish to discuss their products are more than welcome if they help support the site. It is also NOT acceptable to send private messages members promoting your products or services.

There are very clear commercial posting rules which are intended to prevent businesses taking advantage of the free and open nature of RRSPORT for their own gains. It seems there are a number of companies who are skirting these rules and aren't willing to respect the fact that this site is non-business based

There are very easy ways to ask business questions which do not involve RRSPORT.CO.UK - telephone and e-mail come to mind immediately, and contact information is available from company web sites.

This site is run out of my own pocket as a service to Range Rover Sport owners worldwide - the site sponsors help pay to keep it running. I do not have an RRS but have a huge interest in the vehicle which lead to the site's creation as an independent community. If companies wish to make the best use of the site to promote and support their products then please do not hesitate to contact me Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #13760 Sun Feb 19 2006 9:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Very simple Martin prohibit their posts RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #13766 Sun Feb 19 2006 10:22pm
PaulB

England 

For the last time, I do NOT work for JE and have no personal business relationship with JE.
I am a happy and satisfied customer and have known JE and Jonathan for a number of years. As an engineer, I appreciate a thoroughly designed and engineered product and in my experience, JE have always strived to provide just that.

TC, you're becoming paranoid and you're drawing other people into your paranoia. Totaltuning asked about dynos more local to him and you suggested a couple and "asked" (you put a question mark after your question) whether JE had dynos available. I simply answered your question for Totaltuning's benefit.

However, out of respect for Martin and the excellent work he is doing by providing this forum, I have deleted all my messages relating to JE Sad

Paul

Post #13809 Mon Feb 20 2006 10:17am
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Hi Paul
While I agree this forum should not become simply a back door advert stand I have found your comments on JE very helpful as I have been recommended to them by my L/R dealer.
I am sad that you have felt you should remove your posts but understand why.
Keep up the interesting posts though. Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #13819 Mon Feb 20 2006 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Even though I have had the odd rock chucked at me on here by a sponser I am not connected in anyway to the engineering/modifying of cars. I have very good reasons for not publically identifying my occupation as there are harsh implications in doing so. We can't all work in an office.
But I have found this site and ALL its members very helpful in the process of trying to work out whom I should employ to modify my forthcoming very expensive car.
It would be easier if the said companies on the web actually advertised their products in a way which us mere mortals could then look and make a decision. Like buying a dvd in a shop! But even the sponsers on here don't do that. So it requires abit of digging to get answers.
So for me the forum has identified a number of choices and given me a flavour of what their knowledge and expertise is so that I can make a decision. If one or two have been tripped up in that process then thats better for me and others who are considering this modification. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #13822 Mon Feb 20 2006 11:27am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Sorry to resurect this rather 'Heated' thread, but (I think it was) Martin (Apologies if not!) mentioned DMS.

I also read this article in 4x4 magazine and re-read it again when my RR Sport TDV6 HSE arrived.

Does anyone know anything about their methods, reputation etc? Question Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #16749 Fri Mar 10 2006 4:04pm
LRtuning

It's all cooled down now

DMS are another tuner based in Hampshire....usually tune 'high end' cars and have a good reputation too.

I understand they charge £900 + vat for a TDV6 upgrade to 235 bhp Chips with everything

Post #16750 Fri Mar 10 2006 4:16pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Thanks. But if they're high end (911 turbos, M5's etc on their advert) how good are they with a TDV6?

Have they put as much research into tuning as you seem to have? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #16753 Fri Mar 10 2006 4:31pm
LRtuning

I dont think anyone has put as much effort or research into tuning RRSport TDV6's like us. Chips with everything

Post #16756 Fri Mar 10 2006 4:35pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Only got mine on 1st March and it only has 550miles on it. When mine is run in, if I decide to have it done you may have just bagged yourself another new customer!

Thanks

Very Happy Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #16764 Fri Mar 10 2006 5:28pm
LRtuning

You're welcome Wink Chips with everything

Post #16767 Fri Mar 10 2006 5:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>