RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Chipping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>

Biggles

England 
Chipping

I have already spoke to turbochips about chipping at the moment thry are on holiday. I know two D3s that have had this done by them and will be going the same route with the RRS.

Post #27 Thu May 26 2005 11:14pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I know you've already seen this Biggles, but for other members Turbochips announced on DISCO3 that they've upgraded a RRS TDV6:

http://disco3.web-rover.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3599#3599

Martin

Post #28 Thu May 26 2005 11:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GBY

England 

Overfinch should have their tuning packages for the RRS available in the autumn I think. Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Post #31 Fri May 27 2005 12:05am
Biggles

England 

Quote:
Just to inform members who may be considering purchasing a RR Sport. We carried out our first modification to a RR Sport TDV6 yesterday and managed to produce another 65bhp and 140lbft torque without smoke

The above qoute was taken from the Disco3 sister site and means the 2.7 TDV6 will only just be behind the 4.4 petrol for bhp with a significant increase in torque. This will be like the old days when the P38A 2.5 Turbo Diesel could be chipped and almost outperform the petrol engined variants.
It would be nice to drive a chipped non chipped and petrol engined RRS along side each other to see the difference.

Post #48 Sat May 28 2005 11:05am
Renny

Scotland 

Have you tried dastek for info?

They have a very good reputation for developing chips that are well tested before release. Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer

Post #82 Wed Jun 01 2005 11:25am
max

Belgium 

Does anyone have informations regarding the chiptuning and the company how are going to release it for Range Sport TDV6.
Thanks for your answers

Post #140 Tue Jun 07 2005 1:23pm
Biggles

England 

I know of two TDV6 Discovery 3s that have been chipped and you can certainly tell the difference.
Link here to Turbochips

http://www.turbochip.com/

Have already put a call in to get my RRS done. He is claiming a 65 bhp increase and increase in torque around 140 lb/ft (stand to be corrected if this is wrong)

He has given some good info over on the Disco3.co.uk forum that this forum admin also runs. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #147 Tue Jun 07 2005 9:40pm
max

Belgium 

I know them but with so much electronic in the cars like Disco3 and RRS i'm not realy confident regarding the reliability and second i really think that +60 bhp are to much for a long term reliability (gearbox, engine management, turbo...). i search for a +-30 bhp increase and i think it's going to be enough and a very good compromise.

Post #155 Wed Jun 08 2005 8:47am
max

Belgium 

I've posted my question above 1 month ago and nobody had an answer, so thre's someone who already modified his engine and how feels the difference. Thank for answer. Regards

Post #933 Tue Jul 12 2005 11:58am
Toodeep

United Kingdom 
TdV6 power increase

Visited Overfinch www.overfinch.co.uk recently and they are doing a 500bhp conversion on the petrol V8 with bespoke body, interior and braking system modifications which is in their workshop right now. However they also mentioned a +30bhp modification for the TdV6 Range Rover Sport. I'm not sure how many they have done but I do know their reputation is unsurpassed. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE in Bonatti Grey + 20" Stormer wheels (ex X5 and ML driver)

Post #935 Tue Jul 12 2005 12:37pm
BN

England 

Guys, there is chipping and chipping. Some are add ons, no good. Some are superficial, dodgy and some are quite good. Turbochip are good, but if you intend to take a car off road then watch out for the low end torque, it may not be there and could make the car 'lurchy' at low speeds or in heavy traffic. If you intend to use the car for road use exclusively chipping is not bad. With a 4x4 it is designed to be durable, chipping takes that away a bit.

To see just how durable your car is unchipped, place it into low ratio and select 1 or 1st. Let the clutch out all the way and remove your feet from the accelerator completely and away from the clutch. Now gently apply the brake progressively (keep away from the clutch in manual) and you will find you nearly have to stand on the brake before the car stops or stalls. The engine management is designed to compensate for the required power at low speed to allow hill ascents. Chipping can take away that phenominal low end torque.

Post #942 Tue Jul 12 2005 2:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I was in a D2 TD5 that had been chipped a couple of weeks ago........... the owner reckoned that he had wasted money and had terrible problems with the engine management system warning light coming on and the engine failing, usually just when you didn't want it to! He uses his Disco to tow a pretty large caravan and claimed that when it was working it was great, but it was more trouble than it was worth!

Post #947 Wed Jul 13 2005 1:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

I have had standard cars chipped and they are very good. They give more power and often better economy. The LR range are slightly different to any other car (other than Freelander which is hardly a LR) because of the dual range gearboxes. I have yet to see performance figures for a chipped vehicle in the low end torque bracket.

Post #948 Wed Jul 13 2005 7:35am
paw

United Kingdom 
Chipping

I have spoken to Overfinch and they have yet to chip a RRS (first due next week) but they have done a number of D3's. They get +30 bhp and +50 flb. They are due to send me some detail very soon, I will post it when it arrives .

Paul

Post #950 Wed Jul 13 2005 10:22am
BN

England 

paw, it will be extremely interesting to see their performance figures in low range on a D3 at under 2000 rpm, bet they don't produce that ?

Post #958 Wed Jul 13 2005 1:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>