RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

MDP

United Kingdom 

Biggles - you know fully well the Q7 is several miles away from competing off road against/with any LR product  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #96785 Fri Mar 23 2007 2:55pm
Biggles

England 

Quote:
Biggles - you know fully well the Q7 is several miles away from competing off road against/with any LR product

Biggles wrote:
Tim,

On the road its the best off I would not think its in land rover territory :

I thought thats what i said. it will never be in land rover territory of road. No arguments there. Thumbs Up Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #96815 Fri Mar 23 2007 4:43pm
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I test drove a TDV8 this week and am thinking of upgrading from my TDV6...

I've had a few minor teething problems with the 55 plate RRSTDV6, namely an engine fault warning, window and headlight washers stopped working (not a fuse) and cruise control intermittent (still to be fixed) but nothing like Biggles experience. Then there's the minor things that annoy such as the heating controls (too hot issue), no elapsed time/trip computer / clock / individual temp controls etc..

I've been generally pleased with the RRS overall (just) but was expecting a lot more with a 50k car including the service I might have expected to receive.

I thought I was buying a "premium" car with the RRS and have spent ages doing the usual mods (silver grille, side vents, black badges and stormers)... I wasn't offered these at buy time which might have been nice and the dealership did not make me feel particularly special.

When fixing the above problems under warranty with my local dealer I've had to "fight" to get a Disco courtesy car when it's been to fix the above problems.. Hardly the way to keep a first time LR customer coming back. The only saving grace has been Land Rover assist who have been fautless.

As Biggles says the RRS still look good (2 years on). The cars are still rare enough and sell themselves, so maybe the dealerships just don't care as demand is still there.

The only reason I'm thinking of upgradingto a TDV8 is because the dealer insisted there was no RRS facelift model in 2008 although I'm sure LR are working on it...(however the quality of interior and engineering of an Audi/VW is tempting, even the FFRR is miles ahead on interior spec)...

My 2p's worth. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE Bonatti Grey 20" FE Stormer wheels, Privacy Glass, Mats, Boot Mat, black badges, SC grille and vents

Post #101587 Tue Apr 10 2007 8:42pm
jimmy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
re rrs & lr in general

I am now due to change my RRS, but to what ?? saw the new FL2, but it is as wide as the RRS !

which is one reason I am considerating changing the size of the RRS. Would love a FFRR, but again , too wide,not bothered about the length, but the width is important. Was with MB this morning, and ftried the new ML, a lovely car, and I always have had Mercs in the past, but after sitting in the ML and going back to my RRS, boy did I feel great !!!!!!!!!. So now Iam stuck with what to buy now ? ( if I change)

Post #101737 Wed Apr 11 2007 7:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you are happy why change? But I appreciate your dilema! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #102027 Thu Apr 12 2007 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost
Re: re rrs & lr in general

jimmy wrote:
I am now due to change my RRS, but to what ?? saw the new FL2, but it is as wide as the RRS !

which is one reason I am considerating changing the size of the RRS. Would love a FFRR, but again , too wide,not bothered about the length, but the width is important. Was with MB this morning, and ftried the new ML, a lovely car, and I always have had Mercs in the past, but after sitting in the ML and going back to my RRS, boy did I feel great !!!!!!!!!. So now Iam stuck with what to buy now ? ( if I change)

No comment Whistle Whistle

If you love the RRS, why not change to a TDV8?????? some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #102038 Thu Apr 12 2007 10:19pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Laughing Laughing MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #102064 Thu Apr 12 2007 11:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

So what do i change too .... a V12 perhaps .. with complete aluminum body and panels. Should get at least 8mpg ..... No .... I think i'll stick with my amazing 11.9 Whistle 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #102108 Fri Apr 13 2007 12:54am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

MD, I'm sure even you could manage a 26mpg TDv8 RRS Laughing It might not SOUND like an S/c but I'm sure JE etc are working on a tuned exhaust to cure that! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #102165 Fri Apr 13 2007 9:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234