RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Biggles

England 

Kaine, I would most certainly not say the V10 treg sounded like a tractor. If I parked it at the side of a D3 or sport you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. The V10 has the best induction noise under load of any car I have been in for years.

VA, Good to be around lots of new faces and some old one still around. I visit quite regular but have not posted much.

Ps, Nice promo to admin status. Thumbs Up Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94516 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:37pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost
Re: Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery time

Smarticus wrote:
. . . the new ones are all apparently embargoed at LR as they cannot get them through Ford's increasingly stringent Quality Control checks needed before signing off a new model launch.

Can I just point out that the new Defender is not being help up by any Ford quality control checks. Shocked

All Land Rover vehicles go through the same Land Rover pre launch process, they will not be released to the public until they are ready.

It was exactly the same for Freelander 2, Range Rover 07MY and RRS / Disco3 before them.

And breath. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #94518 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:43pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Biggles wrote:
Kaine, I would most certainly not say the V10 treg sounded like a tractor. If I parked it at the side of a D3 or sport you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. The V10 has the best induction noise under load of any car I have been in for years.

have two friends with the V10 - it sounds very agriculural to me - as you say, possibly comparable to a Disco or D3 TDV6 however very dissapointing for such a high priced car - just imo Very Happy

Post #94519 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:43pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Thanks Biggles - I think Martin had a moment of madness. Razz 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #94521 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:46pm
Biggles

England 

lol,

Also glad to see Bobby got his sport after the longest wait in history. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94523 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:49pm
TB

Very Annoyed wrote:
Thanks Biggles - I think Martin had a moment of madness. Razz

I'll second that Wink

Hi Biggles, nice to see you back on board. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #94524 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:50pm
Biggles

England 

thanks TB,

not been far away, never had much to say not owning a sport any more, just thought id pop in again and say hello to some of you guys. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94526 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:54pm
TB

Very Annoyed wrote:
Biggles - first post for a few months I see! Welcome back and get the TDV8 you know it's the car you really want!

Yeah, go on Biggles order the TDV8. I'll try and find a good one for you this time round. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #94532 Sat Mar 17 2007 8:03pm
Biggles

England 

Just got a Q7, very happy with it too. Had the dealer ring me up and asked if all was well with the car and if I needed anything to just give them a shout.
Never had such good treatment from a main dealer even had a coffee or two there. Never been offered one at my local land rover dealer yet.
I still think the sport is a very nice looking car and does the business off road and as in my earlier post I know of at least two sports in our company that have never missed a beat.
I had looked at the TDV8 but did not want to worry about the back up from my dealer. You never know though I seem to change my cars like the weather. Rolling Eyes Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94537 Sat Mar 17 2007 8:14pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Re: Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery time

TB wrote:
Smarticus wrote:
. . . the new ones are all apparently embargoed at LR as they cannot get them through Ford's increasingly stringent Quality Control checks needed before signing off a new model launch.

Can I just point out that the new Defender is not being help up by any Ford quality control checks. Shocked

All Land Rover vehicles go through the same Land Rover pre launch process, they will not be released to the public until they are ready.

It was exactly the same for Freelander 2, Range Rover 07MY and RRS / Disco3 before them.

And breath.

Thanks TB, mis-information from my dealer. There's a first, eh.

But is the new Defender delayed or are originally announced launch, release and delivery dates being achieved ? RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #94626 Sun Mar 18 2007 9:29am
TB

Defender 07 MY launch has been put back but this was not purely down to quality issues.

The original build was delayed from late 2006 until January 2007, so the whole launch process has been delayed as a consequence.

In the past Land Rover always hit their launch dates at any cost. Even at the risk of quality as a few unhappy owners will testify. Fortunately, they have now learnt that it is better to make the customer wait a little longer for a good quality reliable motor, rather than risk future sales due to poor quality reports. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #94672 Sun Mar 18 2007 12:07pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Had a phone call from one of the Glasgow dealers this afternoon with a valuation on my SE, 2005 with 16000 miles, tow pack and metallic paint (it is cost optional on the S and SE). They are offering £35000 in partex against either a Tdv8 waiting until the end of the year

Tim,

After your post I checked with my Broker and I'm still being told mid to end of July from there preferred dealer. But if I didn't want to use them then it would be end of Sept. So guess what.........July it is for me. Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #94736 Sun Mar 18 2007 7:36pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that really Biggles, back after years in the wilderness? Laughing

Any chance of pics of the Q7? I didn't like the looks of it originally, but having seen a few around they have grown on me. And as with most Audis I presume the interior will be top banana? Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #94847 Mon Mar 19 2007 11:08am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hello Biggles  RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #94850 Mon Mar 19 2007 11:12am
Roland

Switzerland 

shmoogle wrote:
Do my eyes deceive me? Is that really Biggles, back after years in the wilderness? Laughing

Any chance of pics of the Q7? I didn't like the looks of it originally, but having seen a few around they have grown on me. And as with most Audis I presume the interior will be top banana? Thumbs Up

Q7 pics????? Jeez, there's really no need, would be more than sufficient to post a link to some Audi forum... SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #95025 Mon Mar 19 2007 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>