RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery times

Was in an LR dealer in Glasgow yesterday trying to work on a spec for a replacement car and find that LR have stopped producing Giverny Green and there is now a new lighter "mossy" green colour called Lucerne. It's isn't as "grey" as Giverny - further dulling and making more boring the range of LR colours. Also availablity of RRS seems to be getting worse. Both dealers I called at told me that if I want to replace my 2.7 with a Tdv8 then I need to order now for delivery sometime in November or December, I can get a 2.7 in late June if I order now and a F2 TD4 Automatic in May provided the spec isn't too extreme with options.................... so I ask myself, is F2 not selling as well as LR thought it would? Could it be that it is priced too high for the market - there are still very few base and GS models available and the nearest dealer to me has 6 SE and HSE TD4 F2's in the compound and 4 (all TD4 HSE's and SE's on the demo fleet. When it comes to buying a Defender things are even worse! There are hardly any TD5 Defenders available now and output of the new model Defender seems to have been delayed and cars expected at the dealer in Glasgow this week will not now appear for at least another 6 weeks. Makes one wonder what the management at LR are playing at. I think I might be hanging onto my RRS for longer or will have to look at buying another brand for the first time in 12 years and 7 cars - VW, Audi and Merc have offered excellent part exchanges and delivery in a matter of weeks for their products................... I for one am getting cheesed off with being fobbed off by dealers with unbelievably long lead in times. I have owed 6 Land Rover products since 1991 - looks like I might not be buying another new one for a long time............................... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
I'm off to test drive a few different cars over the next few weeks and so far Subaru, Mercedes, Chrysler, Volvo, VW/Audi and BMW dealers can all guarantee delivery in a few weeks not the months that Land Rover offer.I want a new car NOW or in the next few weeks, not next year. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #94101 Fri Mar 16 2007 8:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ian.Richardson

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Have a look on my post for a TDV8 for sale.

I will be picking this up on the 24th and I am looking to change it. The car could be yours as good as new only change would be that It would have me as the owner. The delivery has actually come forward one week.

Post #94102 Fri Mar 16 2007 8:24am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Tim, Josh has just ordered a new TDv8 and has been given a deliver date in July. Shocked I think you need to shop around a bit, phone a few dealers south of the border.

I'm sure you can get a better promise than November or December. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #94299 Fri Mar 16 2007 4:44pm
Tim in Scotland

TB, all the dealers in Central Scotland are telling me the same story - they have sold all their allocations......... nowt available until late in the year. I'm sure there are car brokers out there who can get them sooner though. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #94317 Fri Mar 16 2007 5:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Speak to Kam. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #94320 Fri Mar 16 2007 6:12pm
Biggles

England 

Do what I did,

Ditch the un reliable sport, bought a V10 Toaureg and started shopping around.
Just bought a Q7 3.0 TDI S Line, wtih the following packs coms, technology, load, visibilty and comfort.

Drives very well and has more power than the 2.7tdvs in my old sport.

Hello to all from ages ago.

Biggles. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94376 Sat Mar 17 2007 2:28am
Tim in Scotland

Biggles welcome back! Oh dear 1st a Toureg and now a Q7.......................... there's no hope for you Laughing
My Sport and many many others have actually proved to be very reliable, but I will concede that there a one or two out there that are keeping up the bad name for Land Rover. I have driven a TDv8 FFRR and it was wonderful, haven't tried the RRS version but have no reason to think it will not be as good. There are no a few owners on here and several who have replaced their 2.7's with one like Smarticus and Josh. Enjoy your Q7. I have no reason other than wanting a new car to really be changing mine, it has done 16000 miles without letting me down, it has had small ECU issues but they have been rectified when the car has had software upgrades for free at the dealers, but nothing major other than a nail in a rear tyre side wall! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #94377 Sat Mar 17 2007 2:42am
Roland

Switzerland 

Tim, no need to panic and switch brands. You seem to be a genuine LR man and don't think you'll be happy in a Tuareg, Q7 and the likes. A few years back I have moved from a Disco to a Merc M-class only to get rid of the Merc after only six months ownership.

If I were in your shoes, being away on business for months I would really not mind having to wait for a bit longer, even if it would be til November. I mean it's not that you are not already a proud owner of an RRS.

As for your comments about the FL2 I am not really surprised. All this anti 4x4 and CO2 crap in the papers and on telly has become completely out of control and will have Mr and Mrs Average think twice about buying a new offroader and fact is this is not going to change. Modern people are worse than sheep and very easy to be manipulated and I am convinced in a few years time the percentage of 4x4s and SUVs on our roads will be back to where it used to be 10 years ago..... SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #94378 Sat Mar 17 2007 7:12am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Re: Giverny Green no longer available and poor delivery time

Tim in Scotland wrote:
There are hardly any TD5 Defenders available now and output of the new model Defender seems to have been delayed and cars expected at the dealer in Glasgow this week will not now appear for at least another 6 weeks.

Tim, welcome home !

When I was at my dealer last week they had 3 brand new pre reg (56) TD5 Defenders on the forecourt each with a £1,700 discount. These are the last of the TD5's and LR are putting money behind them to shift them before the new Transit powered Defender arrives. But the new ones are all apparently embargoed at LR as they cannot get them through Ford's increasingly stringent Quality Control checks needed before signing off a new model launch. As the Defender is still effectively a hand built vehicle using a 20 year old design (at least) the new QC policy simply doesn't fit. And as for safety, the Defender has all the state of the 1960's art of safety features (such as a seat belt) but nothing more advanced. The dealer had no idea when (even if) these issues could be resolved and the new vehicles released. In the meantime, no new Defenders to play with. There's still plenty of old ones out there though ...... Thumbs Up

And BTW Tim, the TDv8 is well worth a try. Lovely lovely drive. Its a bit like staying with the familiar wife (comfy, cosy, safe) but someone has reprogrammed her with a lot more X factor, and all of a sudden she is the "hottie" you always wanted. Shocked Razz You know it makes sense ! RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #94388 Sat Mar 17 2007 8:48am
Biggles

England 

Hi Tim,

Was thinking of a TDV8 Sport, but my last dissapointment talked me out of the brand.
Still at work the bosses have two sports and two disco 3 and no major problems with any of them, yes some minor light glitches and stuff but they all still run well. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #94412 Sat Mar 17 2007 12:21pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Allo! Allo!

Welcome back Biggles! Been some time since we heard from you. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #94413 Sat Mar 17 2007 12:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Biggles if the FFRR TDv8 I drove is anything to go by then the RRS version wil be like an RRS S/C on steroids - the torque is amazing and the engine is so quiet and smooth that LR had to develope a special fuel filler system that prevents owners from putting a petrol pump nozzle into the filler instead of the diesel nozzle. I suspect that some of the development engineers filled up at the wrong pumps during trails, ruining engines so LR had to do something to prevent owners doing the same thing! That is how good the TDv8 is! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #94414 Sat Mar 17 2007 12:44pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Touareg has its own problems as you will know - tyre wear anyone?? Wink also, the V10, although very quick sounds like a tractor Whistle

Tim - FFRR is the way to go - SC or TDV8 Thumbs Up

Post #94425 Sat Mar 17 2007 1:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Had a phone call from one of the Glasgow dealers this afternoon with a valuation on my SE, 2005 with 16000 miles, tow pack and metallic paint (it is cost optional on the S and SE). They are offering £35000 in partex against either a Tdv8 waiting until the end of the year with a milage adjustment when it arrives (and a year change too!) or against a White or a Giverny/Lucerne with Aspen 2.7 HSE with sunroof and towpack and delivery in 3 weeks if I want it............ have said I would like to think about it. I assume the 2.7's are coming from another dealer's stock.
Will have to see what Kam can do now in the way of discount! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #94474 Sat Mar 17 2007 5:55pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Biggles - first post for a few months I see! Welcome back and get the TDV8 you know it's the car you really want! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #94475 Sat Mar 17 2007 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>