RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Couple of little mods from a new owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Si-W85

Couple of little mods from a new owner

Hi since buying my RRS S/C almost 2 weeks ago I have added a couple of little mods to my new toy, coming from owning a pretty well modified Audi I can't resist, anyway within the first week of owning it I had the exhaust modified to give the V8 a bit nicer tone with a touch more noise (nothing drastic) it sounds so much nicer now. I have also upgraded the yellow side lights and number plate bulbs to LEDs

I also gave the engine bay a bit of a clean yesterday

Also received my new plates yesterday which will be going on as soon as I recieve nesseccery paperwork back, I had metal pressed plates on my previous car but didn't think they would look right on the RRS so opted for the plastic type and the larger rear rectangle.

I have bought a genuine Land Rover dog guard and load liner but will be replacing with a rubber mat and a dog box I think, I have also ordered should be here today some smoked side repeaters.
Future upgrades will be interior led bulbs mirror led down light bulbs, 2010 front and rear Lights, also I will be doing the instrument cluster upgrades such as SNOTM, 3 blink indicators etc etc but exterior and engine I will be buying either the HST or Autobiography kit along with a full stainless exhaust, in the near future I will be doing a pulley upgrade and ecu remap, I will also be putting on some either drilled and grooved or just grooved discs and couple them with some EBC red stuff pads. Here are a couple pics of my car now

Post #458087 Fri Apr 03 2015 8:02am
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

very nice and a lot planned too. I do like them in white (saw a pink one yesterday )

What bulbs did you use for the side lights, yours look so much better than the standard yellowy one's on mine

Post #458107 Fri Apr 03 2015 9:47am
Si-W85

Thanks Thumbs Up it is satin pearl colour sounds worse than it looks when I found out the colour under the wrap Rimini red I intended on pulling the wrap off as that is my favourite colour RRS but when I got there to see the car I changed my mind and fell in love with the colour and will be keeping it like that for some time it looks so much better in person and get a lot of great comments on it so far. I thought when I spoke to the bloke on the phone and he said it was satin pearl I thought it may look a bit hairdresser but it really doesn't.

As for the bulbs they were from fleebay for around £12 I think and they have made such a difference, a really good cheap must have mod in my opinion. They give the car a much fresher feel in my opinion Thumbs Up

Post #458111 Fri Apr 03 2015 10:02am
B9BS X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Your car looks fab mate Thumbs Up

What kinda setup did u do on the exhaust?

Liking the plate, im sure ive seen that plate around Birmingham way on a nice Audi Thumbs Up RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,
BLACK CODE RE-MAPPED, AUTOBIOGRAPHY'D, NEW EXIDE BATTERY, NEW DENSO ALTERNATOR

Post #458115 Fri Apr 03 2015 11:14am
Si-W85

Thank you Thumbs Up I just replaced the centre box with a couple of straight pipes, as said it is only temporary and a bit of an experiment to decide on which silencers I want for when I get a full stainless, it sounds so much better just for doing that. I have a before and after video but don't know how to load it on here it is on my Instagram. I have had the plate on various cars but the last one was on my Audi

Click image to enlarge

We also have SW 03 GUN, K6 GUN & SW15 GUN lol

Post #458117 Fri Apr 03 2015 11:22am
B9BS X

Yep thats the audi i saw, looks gr8 Thumbs Up

so to confirm did u just chop of the centre box and replace with straight pipes? dod u notice any power loss/gain?

and do u have any before and after pics?

thinking of getting a full cat back stainless but not sure what the best set up would be, but that v8 definatley needs to be heard better, specially on the supercharged rrs Laughing RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,

Post #458119 Fri Apr 03 2015 11:51am
Si-W85

That's correct just chopped off and welded in place 2 straight pipes unfortunately I don't have any before and after pics, I will be going for a custom cat back with just the 2 rear silencers, I will be doing away with the centre silencer and the cross over box, I'm pretty sure that will be the sound I am going for.

Post #458121 Fri Apr 03 2015 12:49pm
zaphod

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

LED side lights look so much better Thumbs Up

I hate the way my sidelights are a horrible yellow colour compared to the headlamps. Think I'll be doing this mod myself at the earliest opportunity!

Post #458122 Fri Apr 03 2015 1:03pm
B9BS X

will u be fitting the cross over box in replace with the straight pipes fitted?

will be sounding great once done Thumbs Up

are u going to fit it at a custom exhaust centre or will be buying a branded ready made exhaust like magnaflow? RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED

Post #458124 Fri Apr 03 2015 1:36pm
Si-W85

Just noticed my fog lamps are a bit yellow so that's something else I will be upgrading. I will be using a custom exhaust place to make me one up, not too sure about the crossover box and how much it is needed but if I can do away with it I will do as that with it being ported will hold back a lot of the noise Sad

Post #458125 Fri Apr 03 2015 2:32pm
JayJay

United Kingdom 

Very nice mate... Thumbs Up .
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1387845278176658/

Post #458134 Fri Apr 03 2015 5:58pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

nice clean engine bay Thumbs Up ,,, what did you clean it with????,
always wanted to sort mine a bit but have always been a bit wary when people mention pressure washers and water ! 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #458142 Fri Apr 03 2015 7:49pm
Si-W85

Hi Gogsy, thanks it's actually quite easy to do, I first applied some Autoglymm engine/machine wash and agitated with a soft brush for a few minutes I then started the engine and pressure washed off staying clear of the battery cover as that is where the ecu is, I left the engine running for 10 minutes and turned off and left over night to dry thoroughly. The next day when it was dry I got out the Meguires dash & trim restorer and a yellow Polish pad and did the scuttle panel and all the black bits in the engine even the hoses etc etc I am happy with the finish and it has made the engine bay look so much better. Here are the things I used minus the brush which I got in the halfords 3 for 2 offer. Thumbs Up I get the little yellow polish pads from China I think they are 12 for just over £1 take a while to come so I always order well before I run out but they are great for things like tyre shine and cleaning the exhaust tips and the black trim etc etc but a bit harsh for paint work in my opinion.

Post #458168 Sat Apr 04 2015 8:52am
Si-W85

Today's little mod Wink
Before

After

Post #458231 Sat Apr 04 2015 7:59pm
zaphod

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Nice - funnily enough I've just done the exact same mod (look in my gallery) a few hours ago to my Sport. I much prefer the look of white indicator lenses than orange, they're more modern and clean looking Thumbs Up

Post #458261 Sat Apr 04 2015 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>