RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Chipping the TDV8 (was Steering control buttons)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

ginger

I thought there were only paying sponsors on the forum?

Post #149556 Sun Dec 23 2007 7:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Not any more. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #149557 Sun Dec 23 2007 7:33pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

@Kaine I don't think my occasional comments could be construed as "drumming up" business for a certain company, quite the contrary I would imagine! Laughing

Quite the last thing I want to do is upset the fine bunch of sporting ladies and gentlemen who make up this forum, unlike others it would seem http://www.offroad4x4driving.co.uk/category/range-rover-sport/

Rolling with laughter [/url]

Post #149563 Sun Dec 23 2007 8:10pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Someone's just found out Father Xmas isn't coming tonight Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #149577 Mon Dec 24 2007 9:33am
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK, so after all this, how many on this forum have actually had a warranty claim rejected by their dealer due to their car having been modified - chipped or otherwise? Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #149592 Mon Dec 24 2007 10:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As far as I know, none of us, but the point is that of assuming the risk isn't it Very Happy

I suppose it's a bit like speeding - you're not allowed to go over 70mph on the motorway, but loads of people do. The chance of you being caught and prosecuted is low, but if you are caught you can't use the fact that other people do it as an excuse Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #149595 Mon Dec 24 2007 10:06am
rrsjo

shmoogle wrote:
As far as I know, none of us, but the point is that of assuming the risk isn't it Very Happy

I suppose it's a bit like speeding - you're not allowed to go over 70mph on the motorway, but loads of people do. The chance of you being caught and prosecuted is low, but if you are caught you can't use the fact that other people do it as an excuse Wink

Life is a risk. Life is for living. I'm not suggesting everyone should go out and modify their car but if that is what floats your boat, well maybe the odds are not too bad and it is worth the risk.

By the way, mine is not chipped, but owning a highly modified Morgan for 18 years, which has never seen a dealership or garage in that time, I can fully understand owners 'going for it'. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #149599 Mon Dec 24 2007 10:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

rrsjo - well said - I agree

Post #149607 Mon Dec 24 2007 10:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When I converted the 90 from a van to a Stationwagon, which involved cutting a window panel out of each side of the "van" bit and putting OEM side windows, 2 OEM bench seats and seatbelts the insurance company went ape that I had not asked them first so they could appoint their engineer to inspect the work.............................. changed insurer to LR Insurance, told them what I had done and who had done it and they weren't bothered at all as the garage that did it were LR approved vehicle repairers. My insurance went down as well despite the value of the car going up! Odd folks the insurance industry. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Dec 24 2007 1:53pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #149659 Mon Dec 24 2007 11:54am
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

@rrsjo. Oh! Very Happy I've owned Morgans for 40 years, most very highly modified, race and road. We Moggie Men ought to form a sub-group on the Forum!

Post #149700 Mon Dec 24 2007 1:46pm
rrsjo

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
@rrsjo. Oh! Very Happy I've owned Morgans for 40 years, most very highly modified, race and road. We Moggie Men ought to form a sub-group on the Forum!

I've noticed there are one or two of us Morgan people posting on here. You are obviously aware that JE have supplied a few tuned V8 replacement engines to Plus 8 owners in the past. I built mine up, back in 1993, around a new 4.6 cross bolted block and incorporated many of the ideas pioneered by John Eales. I also carried out many, many other mods to accommodate the power and it has never let me down. At the time I did't give a damn about the warranty. It was just something I had to do.

JE's reputation is second to none and if I were to go the chipping route, I would want to put my trust in a company that had a reputation to lose. That way the risk to my warranty would be minimal. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #149717 Mon Dec 24 2007 4:59pm
highbridgeflyer

United Kingdom 

ginger wrote:
It seems that Stratstone had a policy of chipping all their demonstrators....now thats a lot of chipped cars put on the road to unsuspecting customers Sad

Hmmmm. Interesting statement to make. Do you have any proof that this was the case???

Post #150108 Mon Dec 31 2007 1:06am
ginger

Personally I do not but the service department managers for Stratstone will confirm that they are instructed by the sales department to chip all TDV6's as a matter of course and any other car that the sales team feel is necessary to demonstrate.

I also know the cost of the upgrade is £525 as an 'internal' costing before any profit is added.

Post #150138 Mon Dec 31 2007 8:41pm
highbridgeflyer

United Kingdom 

ginger wrote:
Personally I do not but the service department managers for Stratstone will confirm that they are instructed by the sales department to chip all TDV6's as a matter of course and any other car that the sales team feel is necessary to demonstrate.

I also know the cost of the upgrade is £525 as an 'internal' costing before any profit is added.

I would suggest that you go back to "your source" and tell them they are telling you lies.

Post #150145 Tue Jan 01 2008 1:12pm
ginger

Will do but if you know different please share it with us all Smile

Post #150203 Wed Jan 02 2008 10:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234