RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Chipping the TDV8 (was Steering control buttons)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Or make sure that if you are looking at a nearly new RRSport at a seeming ly amazing bargain price, that it wasn't sold by Stratstones originally because there will always be the doubt that it may have had a remap/chip and had it erased................................ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149382 Sat Dec 22 2007 10:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

Just so you are aware, we as a dealership do not get involved with chipping and will not sell vehicles which we find to have been chipped. Once they are chipped then the damage is done! If we take a vehicle in part-exchange that we find to have been chipped then the vehicle is disposed of, as opposed to being retailed.

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on Sun Dec 23 2007 8:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #149386 Sat Dec 22 2007 11:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ginger

It seems that Stratstone had a policy of chipping all their demonstrators....now thats a lot of chipped cars put on the road to unsuspecting customers Sad

Post #149388 Sat Dec 22 2007 11:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wonder how many customers of Stratstones might be driving round uninsured ................................ driving a car they may not be aware has been modified 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149390 Sat Dec 22 2007 12:12pm
ginger

Maybe TC could let us know on the forum how many cars they have actually done 'in house' for Stratstones??

Over to you Turbochip

Post #149392 Sat Dec 22 2007 12:32pm
bungee

do you really think you will get a reply .personally i think they will keep very quiet Whistle
just think if you brought a used car or new that had been chipped by stratstones and you were unaware it was and the unthinkable happened and it was proved to be chipped ,who would be in the Censored for that,the dealer Question

Post #149457 Sat Dec 22 2007 11:38pm
ginger

Just be nice if a site sponsor gave their side of the story as well

I wonder if TC 'step in' and pay for repairs if LR or the dealer will not?

Post #149469 Sun Dec 23 2007 11:00am
Lookers Park Royal

Ginger, I have given our side (see above). We don't get involved with chipping full stop! Thumbs Up

Post #149503 Sun Dec 23 2007 2:19pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Oh get real you people. If you have your car chipped you are blindingly obviously invalidating any LR Warranty, end of story. At JE we will tell you precisely that. The fact that the modification might not be recognised by some dumb technician will only lead to your being laughed out of court should you have the temerity to take on LR or a dealer. There is no illegality about modifying the ECU, but it is your DUTY to inform your insurance company who will charge the appropriate premium after due consideration. As for a warranty, again there are plenty of organisations who will arrange mechanical warranty cover, at a price. Reputable tuning firms will offer only a warranty on their work and expertise, certainly not a blanket warranty on any alleged faults resulting from the modifications. Performance costs money; ask yourself if you can/are prepared to afford it.

Post #149504 Sun Dec 23 2007 2:27pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
Oh get real you people.

nice sweeping statement Rolling Eyes

as tuning companies dont make this clear, it can be confusing to some - you have the benefit of working in the industry.

So just to make this clear, any JE Engineering engine remap invalidates the LR warranty

Post #149505 Sun Dec 23 2007 2:49pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

To make it even clearer Thumbs Up

ALL remaps/chips invalidate your warranty and always have. Pay your money and take your risk. Its your problem unless you dump it on some poor unsuspecting sole. Which really isn't the right thing to do Exclamation

Charles Hurst clearly take the honest route of not reselling a tuned car. Which is good.

Any idiot can work out if one is tuned or not either by driving it or even just watching it being driven.

It is your respondsibility to tell the Insurance. I know of someone who was stopped by the Police in a super chipped TDV6 which the officer spotted straight away just from the way it was being driven. Is it worth getting prosecuted as well for not telling your Insurance Question
The extra cost on your policy is very small Exclamation TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #149506 Sun Dec 23 2007 3:05pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Thank you Josh, the voice of reason, as ever Thumbs Up Before much longer it WILL be illegal to modify one's vehicle, probably at all, if the EU commisars get their way. The only hope lies in the massive clout wielded by the German motor industry who either make or own most things worth driving! The great days of aftermarket tuning are long gone. Those companies relying on "chip-tuning" are really only making hay while the sun shines its last evening rays. The future for automotive bespokery lies elsewhere, well beyond the ambit of your average go-faster merchant.

Post #149544 Sun Dec 23 2007 5:57pm
ginger

At least JE has had the balls to make the situation clear....funny how a certain other long time sponsor still remains silent Sad

Post #149546 Sun Dec 23 2007 6:45pm
bungee

idiots

what if the idiot has only ever driven the one car that he is purchasing Question how does he tell
also CHPR you state you will not sell a car that has been chipped but send them to auction ,so are you not knowingly putting chipped cars onto the market,when you could easily put the car back to standard and the sell it on through your dealership Confused
just some thoughts

Post #149548 Sun Dec 23 2007 6:57pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

ginger wrote:
At least JE has had the balls to make the situation clear....funny how a certain other long time sponsor still remains silent Sad

although at least the other sponsors are paying sponsors and dont just use the forum to drum up business for free Whistle

Post #149549 Sun Dec 23 2007 7:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>