RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Noisy Tailgate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>

MDP

United Kingdom 

Ok........... so ebay tyres were a bad choice ! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #81655 Thu Feb 08 2007 10:27pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Still on the case then MDP? Laughing

Post #81666 Thu Feb 08 2007 10:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ianf

United Kingdom 

A plane hit the roof of my house last year and the insurance company refused to pay out....... They blamed me as I had left the landing light on!! Laughing Just aqquired a Silver HSE. Also have a TVR Tuscan

Post #81779 Fri Feb 09 2007 11:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Thud Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #81784 Fri Feb 09 2007 11:38am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes 

Post #81930 Fri Feb 09 2007 4:18pm
Brian Mason

Smile , pretty good, 7/10!

Post #82035 Fri Feb 09 2007 9:16pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

Remoulds? Never trust 'em!

I worked at Heathrow for 23 years in Operaions (Crash Rescue for 13 of them). I saw an Air India jumbo blow 13 out of 16 main landing gear tyres one after the other after a particularly "heavy" landing! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #82092 Sat Feb 10 2007 12:54am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

just getting back on track for a second, I too have stuck on the fuzzy velcro pads on the tailgate as shown by Brian, even though I will only have the car for another week or 2, it seemed worth it, I'm just about to go out in it but I tried pushing down on the lower tailgate and the squeak had gone.... Smile

looks like another easy winner from the forum, what a place, where am I going to get my FFRR fixes from? RR.Net is like a lucky dip, there's no sections, its all just lumped together...rubbish! Big Cry L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #82175 Sat Feb 10 2007 4:11pm
Brian Mason

RRUK wrote:
just getting back on track for a second, I too have stuck on the fuzzy velcro pads on the tailgate as shown by Brian, even though I will only have the car for another week or 2, it seemed worth it, I'm just about to go out in it but I tried pushing down on the lower tailgate and the squeak had gone.... Smile

looks like another easy winner from the forum, what a place, where am I going to get my FFRR fixes from? RR.Net is like a lucky dip, there's no sections, its all just lumped together...rubbish! Big Cry

That's great news RRUK, and, as you know, I had exactly the same problem as you. A plastic "creak" when leaning on the closed lower tailgate, noticeable on speedhumps, but gone with the velcro pads! Dont forget to also adjust the 4 rubber stops, that helped stop the annoying "thump".

Yep, looks like the combined forces of RRSport have struck again!!! Thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #82178 Sat Feb 10 2007 5:17pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Would you believe it - after the great FREEZE & THAW , my tailgate has become very ratly Big Cry ............ so I shall be stopping off at some motorway service shop to pick up some VELCRO pads to eliminate this noise once and for all ! ............. on my way to the slopes Very Happy 

Post #82201 Sat Feb 10 2007 9:03pm
Brian Mason

You may find the "metallic rattle" will require the LR tailgate latch repair kit, which I had done to mine. However, if it's an irritating noisy plasticy creak, then the Velcro fluffy pads should cure it. Good luck mate. Thumbs Up

And remember, those slopes can be very slippery.., so dont go on them unless they've been gritted!!Cool

Post #82211 Sun Feb 11 2007 6:02am
Peter

I'm going to do this fix (Velcro) on mine today.

I spoke to my dealer again this week, the Service Manager was absolutely sure that the latch kit is still on back order for mine but has assured me that he will call me to install it when it arrives.

I took a drive around the Chilterns yesterday and became quite annoyed again after a few big'ish bumps that this tailgate fault is still making such an aweful noise after almost a year; well 10 months!

I have again spoken to LR Loyalty Team to see if they can assist, no news so far from them but fingers crossed.

Having spoken to Stratstone High Wycome this week I'm sure that they are really trying their best to get these parts but LR are telling them they are not available. I must admit that I am starting to feel for the dealers on this one. It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Last edited by Peter on Tue Feb 13 2007 9:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #82227 Sun Feb 11 2007 10:05am
Brian Mason

Peter, this "tailgate latch repair kit" is a new item and fixes the upper glass section, not the main lower tailgate lock. My Dealer obtained it in 2 days last week so must be in stock. Also, as it worked, it must be a known common fault.

Nevertheless, you're probably still going need the DIY Velcro pads for completely non-squeak motoring! Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Post #82695 Tue Feb 13 2007 2:04am
Peter

Buy Velcro Shares quick - it really works!!

Brian Mason wrote:
Peter, this "tailgate latch repair kit" is a new item and fixes the upper glass section, not the main lower tailgate lock. My Dealer obtained it in 2 days last week so must be in stock. Also, as it worked, it must be a known common fault.

Nevertheless, you're probably still going need the DIY Velcro pads for completely non-squeak motoring! Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Well as promised I applied sticky backed velcro to my tailgate as described here previously.

With great anticipation, I then opened the glass section and put my weight onto the sill of the tailgate and awaited the squeak but hey, it seems to have gone!!

As the kids are not at school this week I haven't tried it on the 17 speedhumps to school route yet so can't report if it has truly repaired the rattle / bump /sqeak from the tailgate that I have suffered for 10 months but the other road here that makes the tailgate make a noise somethimes is deathly silent following the old Velcro trick on Sunday.

I'll keep you posted! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Last edited by Peter on Wed Feb 14 2007 5:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #82973 Tue Feb 13 2007 9:53pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Cool good stuff Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #82975 Tue Feb 13 2007 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>