RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014.5 model changes announced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>

philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Ebony/Pimento is my current and previous. I like it, but SWMBO doesn't. I want a change anyway. Thought about the dark brown (Expresso or whatever it is) but it clashes with the black dash. 

Post #409819 Thu Jan 16 2014 8:32pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Fantastic Phil... someone to ask at last...

I have sort of toyed with the idea of pimento..... with Fuji..

but as I said .. I thought it might be just too in yer face... I live in a very sunny place too...

I saw a FF in Fuji and pimento being prepped for delivery and it looked great.. and not too loud

but it was in low light factory conditions ..PDI centre.. with flourescent lighting.....

What is it like to live with.... is it bright in bright light... did you get bored of it..

Thx 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #409823 Thu Jan 16 2014 9:14pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

philmw wrote:
Ebony/Pimento is my current and previous. I like it, but SWMBO doesn't. I want a change anyway. Thought about the dark brown (Expresso or whatever it is) but it clashes with the black dash.

BTW Phil..... I am 99% sure the dash colour on the Espresso is also Espresso.... not black...

check with your stealer... but that may just open up your choices 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #409836 Thu Jan 16 2014 10:46pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

The pimento is great. I like it. It's not as bright as it looks in many photos; well, here in the cloudy UK that is. I would have it again but time for a change.

Mine's Ebony/Pimento. All Pimento would be too much, IMHO.

I was referring to the piano black dash trim which clashes with the brown roll top dash - sorry for the confusion. 

Post #409842 Thu Jan 16 2014 11:25pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Yes, the 2014.5 configurator is back again too but not from the front screen - http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_xi/l494_jdx/

I see that the configurator has now reappeared on the UK L-R site but it looks nothing like the configurator above. No S and SE models and the TDV6 engine seems to have completely disappeared. Anyone got any idea what's happening? I'm holding off ordering because the model that suits me best would be a SE or HSE TDV6 with TR2 and low ratio box and that combination doesn't seem to exist at the moment

Post #411298 Mon Jan 27 2014 12:39pm
Baco

Belgium 

They added InControl, it seems

Edit: no info on the TDV6 anymore on the UK website too, it seems Question

Post #411302 Mon Jan 27 2014 12:59pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, it seems to be back and working, though why it took so long is anyone's guess.

Does look like they've removed the SE model; perhaps understandable in that if they can sell every one they can make - and more - of the higher spec'd versions, there's not much of a business case to have the cheaper version. Besides, if the Evoque is going to grow into a stretched version, they need some blue sky between it and the RRS.

The InControl is the only new option that I can see apart from the new paint colours - anyone spotted anything else? Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #411356 Mon Jan 27 2014 8:02pm
Fin

Scotland 

Hi lots of new wheel optons

Post #411362 Mon Jan 27 2014 8:14pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:

Does look like they've removed the SE model; perhaps understandable in that if they can sell every one they can make - and more - of the higher spec'd versions, there's not much of a business case to have the cheaper version. Besides, if the Evoque is going to grow into a stretched version, they need some blue sky between it and the RRS.

Agree with that but it also begs the question why they gave a TDV6 SE to Autocar for testing a few weeks ago who then found it to be the best buy in the new RRS range! I don't think L-R are going to find many potential RRS customers migrating to XL Evoques. More likely they'll be walking into Posche/BMW/Merc showrooms

Post #411395 Mon Jan 27 2014 9:28pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, perhaps the mistake we're making is assuming there's joined-up thinking in LR; you can just imagine the marketing department making the TDV6 available to Autocar just as Product Planning decide to can it. Either that, or the guys doing the configurator still can't get it right and it will get pulled again for few weeks.

My dealer was bemoaning the missing configurator to me today before it came back. Tough to sell a product if you're in the dark about versions and options... Mark

Post #411405 Mon Jan 27 2014 10:36pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Alan 61 posted this

I just happened to be in at my dealers this afternoon and was told that the SE model has been dropped due to the TDV6 engine not meeting the new emissions regs so Landrover decided not to produce the SE model for the short time it could. 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #411421 Tue Jan 28 2014 9:44am
Chrisr1806

England 

Am I right in saying that the TDV6 is still used in the FFRR? Or are people getting it mixed up with the SDV6? Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #411426 Tue Jan 28 2014 9:55am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

So it's the Euro 6 regulations coming to bite them. Does that mean the lower cost 4X4 drive will not see the light of day or is that still an option on the HSE? Mark

Post #411431 Tue Jan 28 2014 10:22am
Disco

United Kingdom 

Style 6 22 inch wheels down in price from 1200 to 800 Very Happy

The left hand drive config, that was was posted above still works, now with all engines and still the SE and S specs.

Post #411436 Tue Jan 28 2014 10:54am
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Just to clarify, the dealerships do not use the online configurator at any point during placing customer orders and they are regularly updated with full details of current options and availability of any models that are available to order. The online configurator is simply intended as a guide for customers prior to visiting a dealership to confirm the specific details of their orders.

If you do have concerns with a particular dealership regarding placing an order and have not been able to resolve them by speaking to the Sales Manager, please feel free to drop me a direct PM.

In regards to the models available. The SE is no longer available to order in the UK Market, this decision has been made based on the high demand levels for the HSE and Autobiography derivatives.

Many thanks,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #411448 Tue Jan 28 2014 12:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>