RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014.5 model changes announced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>

leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Whilst not a deal breaker this is quite annoying as it would be a nice bit of kit to play with (the app).. I can't get a definitive answer but is it likely my Dynamic build of 9th October would include this, or have the tech built in to 'switch it on' at a later date? 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #395263 Tue Sep 17 2013 1:37pm
Baco

Belgium 

My dealer says that this is for 'new' orders only, not for the current builds Sad

He also said that it can't be fit afterwards Confused

Post #395266 Tue Sep 17 2013 1:41pm
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I thought that may be the case - awaiting a call back from Land Rover Contact Centre but expecting a resounding no! Crying or Very sad 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #395274 Tue Sep 17 2013 3:34pm
Baco

Belgium 

It is weird that it isn't mentioned in the 14.5 catalogue, though Question

Post #395276 Tue Sep 17 2013 3:37pm
sammyf

England 

Been told pretty categorically that these upgrades will just be available to 2014 build cars 2010 997 Carrera S
2007 997 Carrera S

Post #395279 Tue Sep 17 2013 4:04pm
Baco

Belgium 

Still no sign of the HUD too, maybe for MY15? Who knows...

Post #395280 Tue Sep 17 2013 4:12pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Seems that this bundle missed the initial announcement because they were not ready. I certainly sympathise with those with early build slots. Does make me think I should delay my order until MY2015 to allow the product to bed in. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #395316 Tue Sep 17 2013 8:35pm
Baco

Belgium 

Just received a mail from my dealer that InControl and HUD won't be available on the 2014.5 model...

Post #395342 Wed Sep 18 2013 8:50am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have just specced the Incontrol (both systems because you cannot have the InConrol Secure without the other bit even though they are shown on the spec lists at individual prices but with a note that Secure is only available with the other bit for £1200) on my recently ordered new Evoque to be delivered in mid November.

MarkN - maybe you should try the 2014 Si4 Evoque with the Torque vectoring and Active Driveline for a year! I've just ordered a 2014 5 door Plus Lux Intelligence Auto + other options because the lead in time for the spec of RRS I wanted is so far away that I decided to stay with what I know until the bugs are ironed out of RRS. Hhaving been in the initial batch of owners of RRE I'm not going to be an early adopter of a new model again for a while! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #395463 Thu Sep 19 2013 10:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baco

Belgium 

Weird though. Ah, we'll see, maybe they will add it soon anyway

Post #395489 Thu Sep 19 2013 2:48pm
TDV8AB

15MY will bring considerable changes to the entertainment system from what I've told, along with 9 speed gearbox. Further details on the fullfatrr forum.

Post #399078 Sat Oct 19 2013 10:57pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Hi TD.. welcome to the forum..... I had q quick look on FF.... which thread is it..... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399086 Sun Oct 20 2013 6:25am
TDV8AB

Here you go. Thanks to Stevek on the FFRR forum.

Anyone else heard this?...........

JLR has already stated that updates will now be annual. This recent trend has proved very encouraging in terms of sales performance year on year. Sweeping midlife updates as in all previous generations will not happen from this model onwards (the new Sport is included in this new strategy).

Updates are generally circulated to dealers around the Feb/Mar time frame for the following MY updates. This information is generally not communicated to the end customer so as not to compromise current MY sales. However the growing eagerness and interest of people together with the help of forums such as this one helps customers in hearing of the possible changes coming, albeit earlier than the manufacturer would like.

I understand the current improvements coming for MY15 are as follows :

Significant update to engine range to meet euro 6 emissions and improve mpg (requirement for all new cars effective Jan 1st 2015).

Possibility of the new Hotfire JLR engine to join line-up as an entry level model. The new engine factory is due to open in Wolverhampton, UK in March 2014. It's confirmed for the Sport in MY15. Not available in all markets and U.S. will not be one of them, unfortunately.

Significant update to infotainment, GPS and accompanying seating controls via touch screen display. Think Apple IOS meets Telsa S. This will feature throughout the JLR range and is something they have been working on for sometime. Featuring a HD screen albeit with the loss of the dual view function currently available (this is due to the dual view technology currently unable to work with HD screens apparently). This new system is 'wow' I'm told and finally features such things as album artwork a la iTunes.

9speed ZF auto gearbox standard throughout range as previewed and available now on MY14 Evoque.

Torque Vectoring standard throughout range.

Airbag deployment within seatbelt restraints standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Driver Head-up display standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Heated front seat armrests standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Improved climate seating cluster.

Terrain Response 2 standard throughout range.

Extra large water bottle standard throughout range.

Improved LED mood lighting standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Full LED lighting throughout the vehicle standard throughout the range.

3 new body colours including options of all body coloured gills and sill line.

3 new interior wood choices.

3 new wheel designs.

LWB model to be officially announced and available Sep/Oct 14.

RS higher performance model to be officially announced and available Sep/Oct 14.

5 year one off payment service pack as available in the New Range a Rover Sport and Evoque models.

The MY15 model is available for delivery Sep/Oct 2014.

I must stress that this is the current plan as I understand it and as of now. A lot can happen between now and next year! Many of the items still depend on passing the testing process and/or manufacturing partners ability to deliver to the timeline.

Hope this wets your appetite and if I hear anything more I will be sure to let you know. I think you will agree that these improvements should continue to place The Range Rover within the best car in the world category.

Post #399090 Sun Oct 20 2013 8:09am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Thanks for that TD.......Very helpful....... Thumbs Up

I can now see my self putting off buying every year for the next 10 years as I eagerly await the the exciting new updates......
Of course with all the supply chain delays LR have .....it will probably be 10 years till they get all that stuff all together all on one car anyway.... Rolling with laughter

Well of all that stuff to me the one I would be gutted about is the infotainment as it is sub standard on my current MY12 and by all accounts not much better on the new MY14.....

Heads up display.......probably of no use at all.... i´ve driven successfully for .... well too long... without it..... but I just want it...... anything that brings out that top gun feeling is good with me...... Rolling with laughter

9 gears.... 10 gears...... 41.5 gears...... where does it all stop..... !!

Heated armrests.... It has been a major concern of mine over 20 years of RR ownership how cold my elbows get. Laughing ....What will they think of next....... I want heated seat belts with optional heated nipple clamps next please... Rolling with laughter 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399093 Sun Oct 20 2013 8:28am
Baco

Belgium 

Since quite a few options are getting standard now, I wonder what that will do with pricing...

Post #399164 Sun Oct 20 2013 5:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>