RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014.5 model changes announced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>

mse

United Kingdom 

Not many standard options though - still a long way to go until the old sport spec level! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #399168 Sun Oct 20 2013 6:06pm
vicmoto

Spain 
Multimedia

Does anybody know if the rear entertainment system has been upgraded? I've just ordered a TD SE and the price has increased some few hundreds as compared with the configurator...

Post #400099 Sun Oct 27 2013 5:20pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

It annoys me LR can't be bothered to keep the website up to date with price changes. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #400112 Sun Oct 27 2013 6:29pm
Baco

Belgium 
Re: Multimedia

vicmoto wrote:
Does anybody know if the rear entertainment system has been upgraded? I've just ordered a TD SE and the price has increased some few hundreds as compared with the configurator...

Since the MY14.5 update there are 2 RSE sets available. The 8" set which were available already (around 2000 euro) and now there's also the 10.2" set which is around 3000 euro (but little is known of these, it seems)

Post #400118 Sun Oct 27 2013 7:29pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Mark_N wrote:
It annoys me LR can't be bothered to keep the website up to date with price changes.

Agreed..... Not just prices.... but new model info as well.........
it is just slack.... and for me it even though i'm brand loyal.... it tarnishes their brand perception IMO 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Mon Oct 28 2013 11:31am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #400189 Mon Oct 28 2013 6:59am
Baco

Belgium 

It looks like the updated manual (with the new options) is available already: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/co...roupId=368

Including the 360° sensors, InControl, Massage Seats, etc...

Post #400208 Mon Oct 28 2013 10:34am
Sidney11

Germany 

... and no HUD in sight Shocked ---------------------------------
RRS SDV6 SE 14MY * Porsche 991 4S

Post #400373 Tue Oct 29 2013 2:54pm
Baco

Belgium 

It seems that that's coming for the MY15 model (delivery september/october 2014)

I haven't heard anything official regarding this, though

Post #400374 Tue Oct 29 2013 3:06pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

TDV8AB wrote:

Significant update to engine range to meet euro 6 emissions and improve mpg (requirement for all new cars effective Jan 1st 2015).

Significant update to infotainment, GPS and accompanying seating controls via touch screen display.

9speed ZF auto gearbox standard throughout range as previewed and available now on MY14 Evoque.

Torque Vectoring standard throughout range.

Terrain Response 2 standard throughout range.

I was on the point of trotting into my local L-R dealer to put a deposit on a new TDV6 or SDV6 to replace my L322 FFRR and after reading that, now I won't because the 5 updates I've listed above effectively make the new RRS a different car as far as I'm concerned. L-R's new policy of having annual updates may well encourage committed L-R afficionados to chop in their cars more regularly but for the less committed like me, it's just a quick way to Censored them off. Who wants to spend Ģ60k+ on any car knowing that within a few months it's effectively an old model? At least with the German marques, their model updates only happen every few years and if you buy early on in the model cycle, you can be pretty sure that you will be driving the latest spec for most if not all of the time you own the car

Post #401792 Tue Nov 12 2013 11:08am
Baco

Belgium 

None of these updates/upgrades are confirmed at this point and won't probably be for quite some time. But these seem good reasons to wait...

Post #401793 Tue Nov 12 2013 11:16am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
None of these updates/upgrades are confirmed at this point and won't probably be for quite some time

That makes it worse. If I knew that these upgrades were a definite for the 14/15 model year, I would put a deposit down now and wait. As it is, I guess these updates won't be officially confirmed until summer 2014 by which time I might well have had my head turned by the updated Cayenne and at least with a Cayenne, you know it won't be updated again for 3-4yrs. The L-R policy also gives you the impression that L-R rushed out the new RRS in half-cock spec to sucker in a few early adopters whilst they continued to develop the vehicle. The problem for me is that my ideal spec is the TDV6 with Terrain Response 2 (which presumably means that the low ratio box and adaptive dynamics will now be an option on the TDV6). The other big issue for me is the infotainment screen which as it is currently presented on the new RRS is downright c**p so any improvements to that would be a big attraction to me. Oh well, looks like I will be hanging onto the FFRR for a few months longer than I planned

Post #401796 Tue Nov 12 2013 11:38am
Baco

Belgium 

I don't mind yearly updates, these things evolve quickly. I however share the same opinion though, it does seem that they had to launch the new RRS before they were able to finish everything they had in mind for it. A somewhat proof of this is the MY14.5 spec, which was launched around the time the news RRS was launched here. Now comes the MY15 spec (march somewhere, no?) which seems a good step forward so I'm quite tempted to move my order towards an MY15 spec. But, since nothing is confirmed yet that's still a bit of a gamble. And since most of these now standard features are in the spec I have on order it could be worth waiting, so I could use the info asap before it's too late...

Post #401803 Tue Nov 12 2013 12:09pm
JPR 1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Baco wrote:
A bit of info on the InControl system: https://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/owners/incontrol/overview/

That APP made me laugh, tells you how much fuel you have left in the car Whistle , and that you have left your doors open whilst out shopping for the day. Seriously Current Volvo XC90 R Design T8
Gone 2010 TDV8. Stornoway Grey
Gone VW R50, AUDI S8, ML320 Sport, FFRR V8
Stolen 2007 TDV8.

Post #401826 Tue Nov 12 2013 4:01pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

those yearly updates really donīt bother me too much... unless its something I desperately want.......

I have to say..... the nav infotainment is an absolute disgrace when looking at the competition......and LR have held back deliberately.... so they can slot something better in in my15

Baco.... if I were you and with loads of info seeming to come out about upgradess... iīd hold off for a little bit.... then again .... we all have to jump sometime and itīs gonna be the same every year from now on.....maybe every 6 months the way things are going......

So what will MY 14.75 bring !!!!!!! Shocked 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #401831 Tue Nov 12 2013 4:22pm
mse

United Kingdom 

None of this is new or a big deal...land rover have always launched a model then increased its spec Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #401853 Tue Nov 12 2013 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>