RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014.5 model changes announced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>

Disco

United Kingdom 

You can also spec door open assist.

Little man in a suit follows you around and opens the doors for you!!

Very Happy

More use than the conversation assist.

Post #411668 Wed Jan 29 2014 6:25pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

philmw wrote:
Disco wrote:
Agree with that Phil.

The HSE seat is 16 way, the AB is 18 way. The only change I can see in topix is the upper angle.

Peanut bob has had a look at his and they do not articulate. So if there is some adjustment it must be small or internal to the frame.

Or can any one else tell us what the extra 2 way is?

HSE is 14 way - (no powered headrests and no bolster inflation?)

All the modes are:

1. Cushion length.
2. Bolster inflate/deflate. (Style 5)
3. Lumbar support. (4 way)
4. Seat upper back angle. (Style 7)
5. Seat back angle.
6. Head restraint height. (Style 5)
7. Seat height.
8. Forward and rearward position.
9. Cushion tilt.

So Style 3 = 14 ways, 5 = 18 and 7 = 20.

I think.

Just to re-iterate in reply to Discos pm, I definitely do not have the rear front seat (2 way articulation) on my October 2013 AB! The rear front seat back is one piece, with lumbar adjustment, side bolster adjustment but there's no control to articulate the seat back, which as I say is one piece. Also, there wasn't a separate handbook addition ref this also. Electric headrests also fitted by the way.

Post #411678 Wed Jan 29 2014 7:41pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

The 14 way seats do not have the power headrests (List 6) and the cushion length adjustment (List 1). You do get the bolster pumps Regards

Malcolm

Post #411683 Wed Jan 29 2014 7:57pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

So page 17 shows 8 seat movements including the head rests. That equals 16. But yes I now see that the style 3 is only 14 on the HSE.

Ad the power headrests and that's 16. What are the other two.

As I said the only visible change I can see on the Style 5 is the seat upper angle so that's now 9 moves, equals 18.

Page three of the supplement shows all 9 seats moves.

Some of us have bought seats that should have 18 way adjust and as I see it the owners have not yet found the other two.

Post #411688 Wed Jan 29 2014 8:18pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

The lumber is 4 way, not 2. 

Post #411689 Wed Jan 29 2014 8:26pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

So simple maths has prevailed.

Thanks Phil.

If you could just get the seats without the RSE then I would add it to our order, but not at 3500.

Post #411693 Wed Jan 29 2014 8:40pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I went into my dealer today and they confirmed that the TDV6 engine and SE model has been withdrawn due to demand for higher spec models and they showed me a notice from L-R to confirm this. However the same notice stated that any orders for the TDV6 SE taken before 31st January ie. today would be honoured and built some time between now and July 2014. So I put down a deposit straightaway on a TDV6 SE and specced it up from the salesman's computer (rather than configurator). I'm still undecided between the TDV6 SE and a SDV6 HSE and this gives me the option of choosing one or other just before the build spec goes firm whenever that might be. To be honest I still can't work out why the HSE is so much more expensive than the SE. If I spec both models up to exactly the same level, there's about £5k difference and I find it hard to believe that is down to the cost difference between the TDV6 and SDV6 engines

Post #412070 Fri Jan 31 2014 10:07pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Bummer!
Do you think the SE is just being put back until sales slow? I was hoping to order up an SE in the middle of this year? There is no way I'd pay £60k for the HSE with its 18 way seats, it's just another 18 things to go wrong!!
My 2010 SE has been faultless, and I am a firm believer in less is more when it comes to reliability of an RRS!
Oh well, looks like LR will not be getting a sale from me, not that they'd be bothered!

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #412077 Fri Jan 31 2014 11:15pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Do you think the SE is just being put back until sales slow? I was hoping to order up an SE in the middle of this year? There is no way I'd pay £60k for the HSE with its 18 way seats, it's just another 18 things to go wrong!!

Don't know. The salesman was pretty Censored off as he had several customers who had ordered TDV6s (and whose orders will be honoured) but he had several more who hadn't yet ordered but were expected to so now he's got to try to push them into a higher spec model but maybe he'll lose them to other marques. I do think it was really stupid of L-R to start marketing the SE TDV6 and even give it to Autocar to test and then withdraw it after they'd stoked up some interest. Agree that £60k is a lot of money for the HSE and its £65k after a few options which is getting very close to FFRR territory

Post #412078 Fri Jan 31 2014 11:37pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Looking at the brochure, there's quite a lot of differences between the SE and the HSE, not all of which can be specified as options on the SE, for example, the SE has "Grained Leather", the HSE has "Oxford Perforated Leather".

Other differences I can see are Seat Type, Heated Rear Seats, Keyless Entry, Standard Wheels, Premium Metallic and so it goes on.

I think an HSE will hold its value better than an SE heavily optioned up to near-HSE spec.

I certainly agree about the lack of joined-up thinking in giving the car to Autocar and then pulling it from production. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #412091 Sat Feb 01 2014 6:45am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Maybe the SE will return to the list next year with the Hotfire engine. 

Post #412094 Sat Feb 01 2014 8:03am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Mark_N wrote:
Looking at the brochure, there's quite a lot of differences between the SE and the HSE, not all of which can be specified as options on the SE, for example, the SE has "Grained Leather", the HSE has "Oxford Perforated Leather".

Other differences I can see are Seat Type, Heated Rear Seats, Keyless Entry, Standard Wheels, Premium Metallic and so it goes on.

I think an HSE will hold its value better than an SE heavily optioned up to near-HSE spec.

I certainly agree about the lack of joined-up thinking in giving the car to Autocar and then pulling it from production.

All those differences are non essential (to me anyway) , not bothered about leather type, keyless entry is a bit pointless when you just press a button on the fob on approach , and paint??

On my current one I just specced privacy glass and the paddle change and bought a nice set of new 20" wheels and tyre off the net for £1k rather than the £3k LR wanted.
I agree that if you got an SE and spend £10k on extras it's pointless , but spec well and you won't lose as much as a fully loaded HSE. I have been following used prices and trade ins over the last year, and the difference between the SE and HSE new was about £7k, now after 4 years the trade in value for mine is only about £4k difference.

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #412095 Sat Feb 01 2014 8:43am
Disco

United Kingdom 

Keyless entry allows the fob to stay in the pocket you just grab the handle to open.

When locking just put figure near the sensor.

If it works the same as our Focus that is.

Post #412099 Sat Feb 01 2014 9:15am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:

I certainly agree about the lack of joined-up thinking in giving the car to Autocar and then pulling it from production.

I don't particularly want to get into an argument about spec differences but as I said I did price the SE and HSE to the same spec insofar as its possible and that included the 14way seat type and 20" wheels on both vehicles. I stand to be corrected but I believe that you only get heated rear seats in the HSE if you option cooled front seats. Yup you're right, keyless entry is standard on the HSE and not SE (but its not really a feature that I particularly want) and yes Premium metallic is standard on the HSE but again personally I'd go for one of the standard metallic colours which are available on both the SE and HSE. The one item that I did forget about was Adaptive Dynamics which is standard on the HSE and not even an option on the SE. I think thats a feature well worth having as I think it makes a difference to cornering attitude on my existing 2011 FFRR. That in itself will probably sway me to the HSE
Yes you are also right about resale. With L-R only building a few TDV6 SE models to satisfy existing orders this years, those cars could become a bit of an 'orphan' in the used RRS market in 2-3yrs time when I would trade mine in. Again thats pushing me to the HSE. I suppose I will have to bite the bullet on the HSE but I'm still sore that the apparent choice I had a few weeks ago has been removed

Post #412106 Sat Feb 01 2014 1:48pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I was just trying to suggest some reasons why an optioned up SE is £5k (according to you) less expensive than an HSE.

For all of us, there's stuff we don't need, ambient lighting, say what you see (or whatever it's called), puddle lights and so it goes on but it's all part of LR pushing the RRS up market by adding content and you could argue that they've overdone it. Maybe the Disco and Evoque XL are designed to fill the gap.

Personally, I think having a lot of stuff bundled in is much better than picking your way through an options list of around 120 items on the Porsche Cayenne which is a recipe for losing an awful lot of money. My AB order will have about £3-4k of options on it; my 911 turbo had £18k on it and I wasn't even trying. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #412108 Sat Feb 01 2014 5:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>