RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Leather interior on the L494
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>

Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

PDC wrote:
I'm kind of worried about ordering black & ivory and now thinking that maybe I should order all black interior.
Has anyone had the same faults with black, or does it just seem to be with the colour combinations.

I am afraid my black leather version has the same issue, remarkably the same flabby areas and poor fitting as the Adele video!!..
Basically it is crap and looks very cheap!. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Last edited by Triumph_Dave on Sun Jan 17 2016 5:30pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #485011 Sun Jan 17 2016 5:25pm
Triumph_Dave

fkarim wrote:
Triumph_Dave wrote:
I was informed that the Tech was pleased with the result.. I was not!.

I wonder if this is the official response they have been asked to provide to customers! My service guy said something very similar 2 months ago: "The seats look much improved now. You will be pleased." I really wasn't.

Showed my seats to the service department again while picking up the spare wheel lift strap and asked them to make a note of it. Will ask them to look at making it the way it should be whenever the car goes to them next.

I am going to start kicking off with it again this coming week.. If no luck with dealer I am going to LR customer relations and/or get rid of the car. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #485013 Sun Jan 17 2016 5:29pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

Triumph_Dave wrote:
PDC wrote:
I'm kind of worried about ordering black & ivory and now thinking that maybe I should order all black interior.
Has anyone had the same faults with black, or does it just seem to be with the colour combinations.

I am afraid my black leather version has the same issue, remarkably the same flabby areas and poor fitting as the Adele video!!..
Basically it is crap and looks very cheap!.

Cheers. Thumbs Up I'm now thinking of going with black, as the ivory seems to get dirty very quickly and I would guess the seats would need to be cleaned every time the car is.
I would be great to hear back from anyone with ivory seats on how well they stay clean, or not as the case may be. 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #485032 Sun Jan 17 2016 8:34pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

My current car has ivory/ebony seats and the last one had all ivory. They don't get particularly dirty. At part exchange the salesman actually commented on how the ivory interior looked like new. We have 2 young children and I do not worry about keeping my car in showroom condition but somehow was still able to keep it that way. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #485044 Sun Jan 17 2016 9:01pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

Thanks a lot. I That's made me feel better on the durability of having ivory seats. 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #485051 Sun Jan 17 2016 9:18pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Lancaster Landrover Milton Keynes says this is the best that they can do and normal for the brand and us as customers should except it.
Wot a Censored load of Censored, the dealer principal says it normal character of the seats. Rolling with laughter
If this dealership never burnt my pipeing when they got their expert to fix the issue the first time my seats would be better than wot they left me with now.....

This is a few days old!!!!!

[/b]

Post #486289 Mon Feb 01 2016 6:30pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

"The finest materials and a keen eye for detail helped to shape this comfortable yet purposeful space. The strong architectural lines of the interior are balanced by soft lighting and the choice of colourways available. The use of leather and metal truly complements the sporty styling." and
"Contemporary. Beautifully designed. Flawlessly executed. Range Rover Sport’s interior is meticulously appointed to reflect its character. Superb detailing, strong elegant lines and clean surfaces combined with luxurious soft touch finishes."

This is in their brochure available online. Somewhere else in their marketing information they have a really useful statement about their leather seats being top-draw. I don't really think you need to point to specifics in their sales material to demonstrate you expect top quality in an £80k car, but it may help tell them where to go. It is shocking really.

Post #486298 Mon Feb 01 2016 7:11pm
Triumph_Dave

My second visit to Taunton Land Rover last week resulted in the rear seats, a headrest and drivers seat being treated again to the steam..
They have referred the ongoing leather issues back to LR and said they would come back to me. Guess what .. zero, zilch, nothing from the dealer or LR. So the story continues.. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #486442 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:11am
mikef

United Kingdom 

My RRS was in the stealers last week for the whole week whilst they apparently rebuilt the driver and passenger seats in response to my complaint about the condition of the leather facings. They told me they did the steam treatment on the leather and fitted new foam on the seat bases

Certainly the seats feel like they did when I first got the car in that the seat base and side bolsters are firmer but the seat leather facings are just the same in that they are still creased and look like the car has done 50k miles not 15k. The only improvement has been the seat heating which is now super toasty. In fact I have to turn it down a notch or two after a few minutes for fear of scorching my backside but thats better than hardly feeling the heating at all, as it was before

I've given up with the seats now. They are as they are and I can't be bothered to complain any more

Post #486581 Thu Feb 04 2016 6:45pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Just been looking at this car for sale - under 1000 miles, (695), look at the front seats!

http://www.romansinternational.com/car/648...obiography

Post #486852 Sun Feb 07 2016 6:35pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Just been looking at this car for sale - under 1000 miles, (695), look at the front seats!

Yup thats typical of what Land Rover deems to be acceptable to a buyer of a new £90k car. I would rather not think what those seats will look like after 50k miles. Word is that Autocar's long term test RRS is looking particularly saggy inside

Post #486875 Sun Feb 07 2016 9:25pm
Autobiography

It certainly isn't isolated to the L494 and L405. Our 'hand built' super rare SVO Defender Autobiography has a saggy driver's seat after 1k miles. Interesting for a 'collector's piece'.

Land Rover's response: it's the way you get in and out the vehicle.

Pretty hard to get in and out a Defender without touching the side of the seat when the seats don't move down and the suspension doesn't move!

Post #486876 Sun Feb 07 2016 9:31pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Steaming leather is only going to be a temporary measure as the material will soon stretch back under use to its 'natural' size for that hide/skin. Its sagging because its too thin for the stresses it experiences; thin hides are easier to work with and machine as well as costing less. Its a simple matter of luck if you get a car with comparatively thick and strong leather or one which is going to sag quickly.

The Accountants are in charge and the percentages of those who complain is probably at a level where JLR will put up with the cost.

The cosmetics industry has been conning women for decades that their products will stop or reverse stretched skin, the only cure is surgery e.g. remove the excess material.

Post #486920 Mon Feb 08 2016 1:32pm
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I wouldn't say its any worse than this BMW

http://www.romansinternational.com/car/1118/bmw-m6-gran-coupe 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #486929 Mon Feb 08 2016 5:08pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

How about this then..delivery mileage Whistle

Post #486935 Mon Feb 08 2016 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>