RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Leather interior on the L494
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>

RRS Oli

Just been to the dealer to see my SVR which has just arrived, below is an interior photo of the drivers seat bolster. I am slightly concerned this is the condition before i have already taken delivery, am i being over-pedantic?

2019 Urban Urus - May Delivery. Gone to the dark side...
2019 RRS SVR Velocity Blue Rejected!
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
RRS1 2011 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography - SOLD

Post #487599 Tue Feb 16 2016 9:37am
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It appears quite normal on a fair percentage of the RRS2 models. I have looked at quite a few RRS made in the last 6 months ( showrooms etc ) and over 50% had areas of leather seating that should be classed as poor for the standard of vehicle. Land Rover has a leather seat quality issue, but they do not see it or will admit it.
If you bring this up with the dealer the standard answer will be to steam treat it! D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #487601 Tue Feb 16 2016 9:56am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

The question is, if they used the finest leather materials and had the seats done with the finest attention to detail, should the leather seats 1) look like that when the car is new and 2) be so susceptible to creasing?

I'm no leather expert so I can't answer that, but I just haven't seen the issue in my previous cars - maybe that is down to luck rather than superior workmanship or leather?

If someone with some knowledge of leather, or a leather expert, can confirm that the creasing at such an early stage is due to either an average quality of leather and/or lack of support under the leather, then people really need to be putting more pressure on LR.

I take delivery in 2 weeks and if this issue arises and I can get an answer on the questions above then I'd have no issue in paying a 3rd party to redo the interior and taking LR to court over it if they don't remedy it in a reasonable amount of time. I have found previously that a lot of big companies will fob you off until they receive court papers and before you know it you are speaking to people that can make things happen very quickly. Although in every instance I have done this (4 times), it has been settled out of court along with a confidentiality agreement - simply because they don't want to set a precedent. No doubt this is what LR are doing, fobbing people off and if anyone really does kick up a fuss they will deal with it and keep them quiet.

Post #487611 Tue Feb 16 2016 11:31am
Lyonhead

Wales 
Seat leather condition. Restarting thread.

RRS Oli wrote:
Just been to the dealer to see my SVR which has just arrived, below is an interior photo of the drivers seat bolster. I am slightly concerned this is the condition before i have already taken delivery, am i being over-pedantic?

Hi RRS Oli, I found the thread about seat condition and wondered how after some time your driver seat is looking like now?

I have a very similar problem with mine, noted nothing at delivery but noticeable now with a 1000 miles on the clock. I have the Deployable steps and use them for in and out being extra careful but maybe I should bring this up with dealership. Very surprised that they are both like this and maybe other SVR drivers are finding this problem?

Post #500077 Sun Jul 03 2016 9:41am
Stuff

Quote:
I wouldn't say its any worse than this BMW

http://www.romansinternational.com/car/1118/bmw-m6-gran-coupe

I agree. My RRS2 is now 7 months and I can see some relaxation in the driver's seat but nothing that I would consider beyond reasonable. I've looked at many other used cars since I first read this thread and I don't think that LR are different from other manufacturers. That said, I do find the driver's seat bottom squab side bolsters to be uncomfortably firm over long distances, and would have liked LR to have provided some way to release them.

Post #500133 Mon Jul 04 2016 7:27pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Just learnt that the dealer is replacing driver seat leather on mine under warranty. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #505421 Wed Sep 14 2016 3:35pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
No Difference In Quality With My RRS1

I had the same problems in my 2010 TDV8 which had premium leather.
- Drivers seat sagged after 6 months. The rest didn't sag becuase no one sat in them.
- Drivers seat back rest bent/twisted and leather applied unevenly all over.
- Drivers seat lumber support cannot be used with distorting the leather very badly.
- Centre console lid has major ripples and creases in the leather.
- Dashboard stitching along the front edge looks like some drunk person sewed it and it at one point it zig zags 7mm up and down.
All other seats have leather badly installed with big lumps and uneven stiching.

Post #505600 Fri Sep 16 2016 1:35pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Advise LR to change it with Kangeroo leather. I always liked the quality of the wife's Huggs

Post #505623 Fri Sep 16 2016 5:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Kangaroo Leather

I agree. Kangaroo leather is about the best leather there is. My Florsheim leather shoes using Kangaroo leather have lasted forever, supple, hard wearing - bullet proof.

Post #505624 Fri Sep 16 2016 6:20pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

The leather on the RRS 2 is pretty rubbish...thin, deformable, and doesn't even smell of leather. I've recently purchased a 2013 BMW M3 with fox red Novillo leather. Leather like it should be, rather like a smelly new saddle, hard wearing, supple, and the car smells of leather.
My RRS smells of ancient wet spaniels. Both cars when new would have been quite similar on the price front, but the standard of finish on the M3 is so superior, and don't even get me started on the infotainment.....

Post #505630 Fri Sep 16 2016 8:21pm
r21

United Kingdom 

Picked up RRS HSE last week, not had a chance to look over it in detail until today and to be honest the leather quality isn't great for £65K car.

Took it back to the dealers who took some pictures and said they will send them back to LR for a decision. Back seats had several dimples and depressions in the leather particularily around the center seat, the sales guy said he had never seen this before - looks like something had been pressed into the leather and formed circle and oblong shape depressions in there.
I also showed him a large crease and saginess in the drivers front seat that I didn't think was acceptable after 24 miles, he said oh yeah quite often seen that.

Lets see what they come back with

Post #505705 Sat Sep 17 2016 7:45pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

I went back to the dealership after 600 miles and said I was not happy with the seats. They took photos and sent them to LR and the response was that they were not currently excessive enough to warrant anything being done?????? at this moment in time Yawn Yawn

Post #505719 Sun Sep 18 2016 1:10am
r21

United Kingdom 

If they try that I'll be returning the car

Post #505724 Sun Sep 18 2016 6:41am
sayers

United Kingdom 

I am on my 4th seat cover sets after long heated discussions and my determination but the last few attempts was a joke, best so far but after under 1k (not much use) rear seats starting to look the same. Will think twice of going to the brand when I change which is a shame because it drives very nice SDV8 Thumbs Up

Post #505866 Mon Sep 19 2016 8:19pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

Hi all, do you remember this thread from a few years ago. It would be great to resurrect this and find out how MY18 owners are finding the quality of their leather seats. "Good Or Bad" reviews..... Thumbs Up 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #553552 Sun Apr 08 2018 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>