RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Leather interior on the L494
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

sayers

United Kingdom 
Leather interior on the L494

How many others have had or still have issues with the condition (saggy and poor fitting) of the interior and also the rear seat belt stork not sitting low enough for the back seat to be lowered?

Post #461297 Wed May 06 2015 1:57pm
Chrisr1806

England 

My front seats are sagging slightly. Not really acceptable seeing as my car is 14 months old but only has 9,500 miles on the clock. Neither of us are particularly heavy either!

I was shafted by my dealer, saving it was "normal as leather is a natural product and designed to stretch" Rolling Eyes Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #461305 Wed May 06 2015 3:31pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

LR have accepted that mine need changing, seeing as they are an usual colour combo they are still on B/O with LR Rolling Eyes some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #461539 Fri May 08 2015 5:40pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Car back after 2 weeks from Landrover done a good job on the front seats (NOT) same with the rear centre arm rest.
Plus melted the seats beading in the rear Censored

Last edited by sayers on Wed Feb 03 2016 12:25pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #462028 Fri May 15 2015 8:46pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

You just don't see this type of wear/sagging with the likes of Audi/BMW/Mercs etc, even after substantial miles. I guess the leather the Germans use is of a higher density, to support the fat German bums! I saw a 8 yr old Boxster with 90k on the clock and the seats were immaculate with no creasing. My 3 series convertible , 2.5 yrs old has A1 unmarked uncreased leather, whilst my 19 month old AB just p/exed had the driver's seat looking quite poorly! Not dreadful but like I had travelled 75k miles not 14k miles. I guess the leather is too thin imo.

Post #462033 Fri May 15 2015 10:42pm
parkheat35

United Kingdom 

This is poor show. My front seat bases are sagging after 6 months.

The extending squab makes matters worse - on my previous BMW/Audis there was a separate cushion that you could adjust to give more thigh support. My RRS AB has the adjustment but the leather seems to be fitted across the whole base. Even if it starts off tightly fitted it gets stretched and compressed as you move the thigh support bolster back and forth. That's only going to get worse in the long term...

Post #462094 Sun May 17 2015 11:32am
rangiejools

Australia 

My Car goes in for 1st service next week. Apparently there is a fix for the rear seats although my service manager didn't know what it is.. Will see next week.
Otherwise still loving the drive! SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #462149 Mon May 18 2015 5:15am
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

parkheat35 wrote:
This is poor show. My front seat bases are sagging after 6 months.

The extending squab makes matters worse - on my previous BMW/Audis there was a separate cushion that you could adjust to give more thigh support. My RRS AB has the adjustment but the leather seems to be fitted across the whole base. Even if it starts off tightly fitted it gets stretched and compressed as you move the thigh support bolster back and forth. That's only going to get worse in the long term...

Mine has just done 40000 miles and is good Thumbs Up

Post #462150 Mon May 18 2015 5:19am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

My dealer has just got back to me regarding getting the parts in for the cool box retro-fit into my SVR. At the same time they're going to rectify the unacceptable creasing and sagging to the leather on the front seats. All too common a problem and although I'm not normally that fussy with my cars I think they only way for LR to learn to improve their QC is to get them to have the expense of rectification. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #462274 Mon May 18 2015 10:10pm
Autobiography

Rear seats replaced on my L405 @ 1,000 miles due to sagging. Front seats now about to be replaced due to excessive wear.

LR really cut corners with the leather quality for the new RR and RRS!

Post #462525 Wed May 20 2015 9:48pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Finally LR has agreed to replace all the seat leather trim front and back. Thumbs Up

Post #462569 Thu May 21 2015 3:59pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I don't think it's just the quality of the leather, it's the manufacturing quality and one of the best things LR could do to improve the perceived quality of the car is to switch seat suppliers.

I can see on my SVR that seat wear is going to be a problem so am careful not to drag my backside over the side bolster when getting in and out, made easier by setting the car to access height. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #462748 Sun May 24 2015 3:14am
mikef

United Kingdom 

My RRS has only done 6000 miles and already the driver's seat looks like it has done 50000 miles. Not only that but the seat, armrest and centre console are already looking very grimy. My fault I suppose for choosing Almond colour leather but disappointing all the same

Post #462873 Mon May 25 2015 12:38pm
challigan

Scotland 

I have an issue with the drivers seat bolster, since a few weeks old. Looks years old already and registered the fact with LR dealer, told that is isn't bad enough to replace as yet but noted!

Although the car is great generally there a few niggles that there shouldn't be at a vehicle at this price point! Colin

Current - 68 plate RRS2 HSE in Corris Grey
Gone - 16 plate RRS2 HSE in Montalcino Red
Gone - 64 plate RRS2 HSE in Barossa
Gone - 2012 Porsche Cayman R
Gone - 2012 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Previous:
2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic (too small unfortunately)
2012 VW Amarok (too slow and not enough engine!)
2009 Audi R8 V8 Coupe (lots of fun but sadly gone)
2008 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 (great but unreliable)
2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe (great car sadly missed)

Post #462879 Mon May 25 2015 1:27pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I just want to update you all on the seat problems i had on the MY14 RRS SDV6 HSE, that had Almond leather.

We pushed back to the dealer at 3000 miles and 3 months of faffing around and got the car lemoned and refunded. MY16 now ordered.

But, what we did was that from the moment we noticed flat and creased seats (c within the first 2 weeks and 500 miles)we took photos and emailed the dealer. The dealer is forced down a route by LR of steaming ( no difference - but arguably wasn't good for leather either.), then instructing dealer to re-fit the entire interior with new leather by a third party (this initially looked good, but very quickly the interior looked deflated - like a persons body with 10% of its sub-surface skin fat removed), inspection of the stitching showed a real pigs ear of an effort and several leather pieces were of different quality i.e. very creased/aged.

We sent photo's of the imperfections (red arrows showing what was wrong) with side by side comparisons from the dealers fleet of new cars advertised on the net where the seats were perfect. We got the stock response 'well it is a natural product...', but they wanted one more go with a new 3rd party (clearly suggesting the first wasn't up to much.)

At this point I lost it leaning on the fact that the original 3rd party had compromised the cars interior, the wife refused to drive the car too. We loaded an 'enough is enough' email at 9.30am and by 3pm that day got full agreement for the car to be bought back.. Full marks to Hunters - they did the right thing. But god help me if I hadn't taken pictures and highlighted the issue as early as possible.

To be honest the dealer was as frustrated as me.. we suggested LR just send a new full interior - but they can't interfere with the build conveyor belt. Bonkers !

Interested to know if the dye colour weakens the leather structure.. i have a hobby of now looking at RRS interiors - ivory and almond appear more susceptible to creasing from what i can see.. But that just might be chance. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #462891 Mon May 25 2015 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>