RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > New Android auto 12.1 Tesla for RRS 05-09
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Idi,

No problems with the AC controls, the OEM ones are still there and work as before.

SWC also work, including in my case the voice command on the LHS of the steering wheel. Press once and Google Assistant launches👍🏼

Hope that helps

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #603548 Fri Aug 21 2020 11:14am
Guyzer73

Result, current home launcher loaded with orange range rover sport as logo 😉🙃

So whoever has the unit, here's how you do it (got this from the supplier after raising the question got response within 30 minutes:

"First, you need to create a folder named ”portrait_carlogo“ in the internal storage of the screen, then put the car model picture into it, and finally long press the current car image on the main interface to select other picture for replacement. The picture size is 420*227"

Enjoy

Post #603575 Fri Aug 21 2020 7:01pm
zeb crs

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Thank You for the info. I had mine installed today and it was easy to install.
I just bought a Fakra to SMA male-male adapter from ali to be able to use the roof GPS antenna after fixing it for water damage Smile
I installed the DAB+ module I got form them and installed the first DAB app I found and it works perfectly. All the steering controls work and it is really easy to program them.
It even shows some graphics when You open doors too.

The only thing I have a problem with is that I cannot find the code to get into settings.
I asked the seller for it and is still waiting to get it.
The only thing that does not work is the ACC as it has no button for it !
I will make a small arduino circuit and have one of my mate to make a quick Android program to read the led signal and click a small relay to control it.

Post #603578 Fri Aug 21 2020 7:30pm
Guyzer73

Zeb,

As this is a clone FYT unit these should work:

Factory Settings 3368
Door Lock 0000
Backlight menu 5768
Developer Settings 3368
Home launcher selection 8086

I've checked factory settings and developer settings and they work 👍🏼

Post #603579 Fri Aug 21 2020 7:35pm
zeb crs

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Since it is in my nature to rip stuff apart I managed to wait until today to do it.
GD32E230 arm cortex for housekeeping
There is a microsd slot there !
The 4G+ is jkust not mounted the SMA but the pex connector is there so just add a pigtail to it.
BU32107 sound DSP
USB 2.0 Hub ic
BT-8761BTV Bluetooth and wifi module

Theere is a connector which no plug which seems to be extra video inputs. I found 2 extra video programs in the menus. Front camera and tv and some mentions about 360 view which means 4 camera inputs. That connector suggest 5 video inputs...

Post #603619 Sat Aug 22 2020 7:38pm
Guyzer73

So I've had the stereo installed for a few days and thinks it's time to give a small update on what I think. Warning long post, no pictures.

Firstly, I will name the brand and contact person on Alibaba. It's NaviHau and the person I dealt with is Evan Chen. Currently, feedback is very good, even if the answers are not always what I want, but most importantly dialogue is there and he's willing to chase engineers etc for answers.

The first thing to clarify is that there is NO AC data or functionality, this remains with the OEM switches below the screen.

Fit and finish: The finish in piano black is very good, no blemishes or marks. Fit, well it's not perfect but bearing in mind Land Rovers own fit leaves something to be desired on the Sport, especially around the overly complicated stereo fascia I assume they had to have significant tolerances to make sure it fits all Sports. One thing I don't like, and don't understand is why they included the AC vent fascias in the frame. I'd rather have kept my OEM noble chrome ones and will look to carefully cutting these off and getting the OEM ones to fit. However, I suspect they use the vents as mounting points and securing points for the top of the screen.

Specification: So the supplier(s) all state this is a PX6 SoC with 4Gb RAM and 64Gb ROM. Well, it's not. It's actually a hybrid Intel SoC called SC/P 9853i. No big deal and actually probably better as this allows for a decent DSP and I believe SPDIF. Other than that the stereo if fast and responsive to touch, even with the protective screen on. I've also confirmed this is indeed an FYT reseller unit, which bodes well for problem solving as ther eis a wealth of information available.

Display: This is a 1280x800 pixel screen. It seems as though the screen actually disappears behind the fawscia as the touch controls seem to be very close, or even disappear behind the fascia. Not great, and I have a TQ in about this. Another issue I have is that my screen is quite dark, even on full brightness making it difficult to read in bright sunlight. Again I have a TQ in for this. Personally, after a few days I can live with it, but a brighter screen would be better. Another issue is that you can't see all the screen. the bottom left hand corner is obstructed from view by the fascia. However, for you in the UK this poses less of an issues as the bottom right would be obstructed, and generally there's less info there as screens are Left to Right orientated. Personally, I will hack the display to bits and bring it both forward and more vertical in time, improving the visibility and protection from the sun.

Another issue with the display is the Home Launcher App. It cannot be customised, or at least I can't see how (except for the car image) which is an issue. Again I've raised a TQ for this as when I tried using another launcher (Nova Launcher) it would not hold the home screen function when in split screen mode as it should.

Functionality: Well if you leave it completely stock it works as it should. The mic is to the left of the unit so for RHD this could cause a problem. However, for the few calls I made I could hear the caller clearly, and they could hear me reasonably well. The stock music player is garbage, as with all Android head units. The FM radio is fine for me but probably a little limited for others with more functionality offered by the transmitters (RDS Etc). Google maps works fine, and directions are clear and concise. Split screen mode works but not with all apps, including the Car Info App. Speaking of which this app doesn't really replicate the 4x4 info screen. Whilst it does display the majority of the information from the 4x4 screen it's not very well thought out, lacks some features and seems hit and miss on the reliability side. Again I have a TQ in for this.

Both the park sensors and door open sensors work well, as does the screen dimming when the lights turn on.

One problem I've flagged is that despite the hardware buttons having the ability to change the LED colour it doesn't seem to work. This is a common problem with the FYT and there are solutions to this which I will try.

Bluetooth, is 5.0, so those with an IID Tool should be able to use it if the system allows pairing with non phone devices. Again a restriction of FYT units, but,m again there are work arounds to be tested, which I will do.

That's it for now. I'm sure I've forgotten loads, and will post again with regards using other Apps etc in due course.

However, ultimately. For ease of installation, functionality out of the box, fit and quality I would say this unit is worth a shot overall. BUT bear in mind with any of these units there are compromises and to get the best out of them you really need to have a good play around with the software and hardware parameters.

Any questions please post here or send me a PM.

Post #603730 Tue Aug 25 2020 7:08am
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Quote:
Both the park sensors and door open sensors work well, as does the screen dimming when the lights turn on.

Do the back doors show as opening on the correct side? My front doors show correctly but the back doors are swapped. If yours work correctly I may ask for some help with your apk files.

Quote:
Result, current home launcher loaded with orange range rover sport as logo

Where did you get your image from to replace? I have been meaning to do this but haven't found a black car image to replace it with. Could you share yours and I will edit it to black please?

Post #603752 Tue Aug 25 2020 10:59am
Gerd1986

zeb crs wrote:
I just bought a Fakra to SMA male-male adapter from ali to be able to use the roof GPS antenna after fixing it for water damage Smile

How have you done this? I currently have an additional antenna run to the back windows and stuck on there, would love to use the roof antenna instead.

Post #603753 Tue Aug 25 2020 11:01am
Guyzer73

Gerd1986 wrote:
Quote:

Do the back doors show as opening on the correct side? My front doors show correctly but the back doors are swapped. If yours work correctly I may ask for some help with your apk files.

Quote:
Result, current home launcher loaded with orange range rover sport as logo

Where did you get your image from to replace? I have been meaning to do this but haven't found a black car image to replace it with. Could you share yours and I will edit it to black please?

No problem regards the door opening, but, try this first: "Change door setting from left to right (or vice versa), turn off car unlock etc) now all doors will be wrong." Now go back to settings and set drivers door on correct side now doors should work correctly.

If that doesn't work,I'll try extract the apk once I get a copy of the software.

For the car logo, see post above how to change. How's this (BG removed):

Original:

If you want to do it yourself. Find a photo you like, go to https://www.remove.bg/upload, it will offer a standard res download for free. Then resize to 420x227 place in folder as instructed, long press on the car and hey presto you can select image.

Hope that helps.

Post #603754 Tue Aug 25 2020 11:18am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Gerd1986 wrote:
zeb crs wrote:

How have you done this? I currently have an additional antenna run to the back windows and stuck on there, would love to use the roof antenna instead.

I think he said hes using an

Fakra to SMA male adapter

Would that also knock out DAB etc for us ?

Also what colour is the GPS antenna's Fakra connector on a 2012 RRS ?

Post #604008 Wed Sep 02 2020 7:58am
Gerd1986

I have fakra connectors and splitters. I just don't know where to split it.

At the Ariel and I would need to run cable all the way through to the headunit. At the headunit, I don't know which connector to split.

I thought the DAB Ariel was in the rear windows, there is a little connection box there but I couldn't for the life of me work out how to remove them to split it.

Also if the GPS is in the roof Ariel I would love to know where this goes so I could split this also as my GPS box currently site on my dashboard.

Post #604009 Wed Sep 02 2020 8:16am
Guyzer73

Gents,

Zeb used a SMA to Fakra (male to male) connector to connect the OEM GPS antenna to the stereo.

Not sure how he connected the DAB+ to the system but this splitter from Amazon seems simple enough:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fansport-Splitter...B07JNM1R5J

Here's the connection diagram:

Perhaps this helps on how to connect yours Gerd?

Cheers

Post #604010 Wed Sep 02 2020 9:05am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Gerd1986 wrote:
I have fakra connectors and splitters. I just don't know where to split it.

At the Ariel and I would need to run cable all the way through to the headunit. At the headunit, I don't know which connector to split.

I thought the DAB Ariel was in the rear windows, there is a little connection box there but I couldn't for the life of me work out how to remove them to split it.

Also if the GPS is in the roof Ariel I would love to know where this goes so I could split this also as my GPS box currently site on my dashboard.

I will admit I haven't a clue what you Guys are talking about but I do recall seeing this, also I don't know which Dab band is used but Dab L-Band is in the roof antenna. If it's of no use just ignore me. Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Cheers
Col

Post #604014 Wed Sep 02 2020 9:23am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Guyzer73 wrote:
Gents,

Zeb used a SMA to Fakra (male to male) connector to connect the OEM GPS antenna to the stereo.

Not sure how he connected the DAB+ to the system but this splitter from Amazon seems simple enough:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fansport-Splitter...B07JNM1R5J

Here's the connection diagram:

Perhaps this helps on how to connect yours Gerd?

Cheers

Guy

maybe im being a complete idiot... But i cant see the Fakra connector on the link.

Post #604045 Wed Sep 02 2020 3:52pm
Guyzer73

Nope. No Fakra there.

The kit I posted would work for me as I already have the radio aerial FAKRA Adapter for OEM to the large connector,I guess you'd need that also.

The connector for the DAB+ is identical to those I have for the GSM and GPS antenna for this head unit and match what I have seen on aftermarket DAB+ units. 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...

Post #604048 Wed Sep 02 2020 4:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>