RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > New Android auto 12.1 Tesla for RRS 05-09
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

zeb crs

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I ordereed a fakra adapter so I can use the origial antenna but it has not arrived here yet. Still waiting for the 4G antenna adapter as well...

Now that I have used it for a little while I can give a little report:
I have alternator whining from the stereo, When I disconnect the 2 lies between the stereo and MOST adapter I get much less noise.
The microphone has stopped working.
As said over the music app sucks big time as it just takes 2500+ tracks on my usb stick and sorts all tracks alfabetically..... No folders !! Started using Powerplay and it is way better.
The radio and RDS is actually really good.
I have a DAB+ adapter via USB and uses an antenna in the lower corner of the front windows. Not the best antenna solution.
Does the 2007 have an integrated DAB antenna in the shark fin ?
The reverse camera works good.
I installed a HDMI to USB adapter and my PS1 mini works great so I can play if I wanna Smile This is just a test for the DVB-T tuner. I have 2 of theese so i can get TV and games.

I have not tested the video out yet but hopes it can feed my rear original monitors in some way.
The stereo started to drai my battery overnight so I have to disconnect it.

I got a sim card for the 4G and it works fine so I can use google maps and som yuotube.
I have tried different ways to get my IIdtool conected but hav had no success yet. Have evene tried with some USB BT2.0 adapters.

Does anyone have any information how to get CANbus data from the internal link? I tried asking my seller but he does not answer on the subject at all.

Post #604599 Wed Sep 16 2020 8:20pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Hi Zeb,

I have an update on the BT issue but need your assistance as I was a little quick in implementing it. Embarassed

Basically, the solution in this link works. However, due to some of the parameters in the config text it rotates the screen. So before using it can you extract the existing config.txt file and post it's content here.

Once done we can make the necessary changes, I believe all we actually need to do is change the following line, in our "config.txt" file:

sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=1 to =0

Then use the lsec6521update file to update the system via a FAT32 USB. Note the individual files need to bee in the root of the USB to work, not the folder they are in.

I did this but using the wrong config.txt data and it rotated the screen. Once done use this app and then you can pair OBD scanners, IDD Tools and I presume any other BT devices. I've tried OBD scanner and it finds it, pairs it and the Torque App sees it. Thumbs Up EDIT: I have tried the IDD Tool and whilst the system finds it, the ID Control app does not recognise it and therefore does not work.

Hope that helps, and hopefully you can extract the original config.txt file from the system folder for me so I can correct my mistake...

On the audio I have no whining, but, do get a 'pop' when changing sources from say FM Radio to YT Music. The stock media and video apps are pants and not worth trying. Best use a different media player as you have already.

On the DAB+ front I can't help you as we don't have DAB in the Middle East.

What are you trying to do with the CANbus? What you mean the internal link? I assume you mean the CANbus link from the stereo?

I'm also going to try the video out as I have rear seat screen for the kids and that would be nice to have that option. Should work as it did on my old Seicane unit. On the Joying it didn't because they disabled the functionality Rolling Eyes

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #604959 Sun Sep 27 2020 7:14am
zeb crs

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I shall try to figue out the bluetooth config.
Which FYT stereo do we have. I am tryin to figure it out.
I got my 4G adapter but the connector did not fit the onboard antenna connector but there was an extra soledring pad for the antenna next to it. I do no know if it really helps but at least bot connectors are connected on the antenna so it feels better atleast Smile

What I am trying with the canbus is to make a new 4x4 app with all we need without needing another canbus to usb adapter.

The whining in my stereo was my alternator giving up. it finally gave up an stopped charging. When installng the new one the noise disappeared.

Post #605028 Tue Sep 29 2020 1:24pm
Guyzer73

The 4x4 app sounds very cool👍🏽

For the BT all you need to do is extract the config.txt file from the system folder, open it with a text editor and then change the BT parameter from 1 to 0.

Then you can connect a OBD scanner, however, as I said the IDD Tool for some reason wasn't recognised by the IDControl app🤔

If you could then post the config.txt details of here would be great.

Cheers

Post #605031 Tue Sep 29 2020 3:49pm
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Did you guys have to root the unit to access all the system folders ?

Post #605032 Tue Sep 29 2020 3:50pm
Guyzer73

MrLuke,

The simple answer is no didn't for what I've done. Basically, I can access,copy and view the system folder using ES File Explorer. I can't save in that location, EG i can't write to the system folder without root.

However,depending on what you want to do and how good you are with coding and android you can either use ADB or use the lsec6521update file as described above.

If you need root in theory the method described on the XDA forums should work. There are 3 useful topics to look at:

1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3915530

2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3897206

3. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3974357

I know it refers to Joying,but it's the same FYT SoC and software. Some posts go into length about what clone unit you have, others help with root and also modifying certain aspects.

However, be warned our units are different because of the portrait orientation.

Hope that helps.

Post #605052 Wed Sep 30 2020 5:48am
Guyzer73

Morning All,

Anybody have luck getting the video out to work? When I try I get "no input" and can't find anything in settings to "turn it on"

Cheers 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...

Post #605055 Wed Sep 30 2020 8:57am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Guyzer73 wrote:
MrLuke,

The simple answer is no didn't for what I've done. Basically, I can access,copy and view the system folder using ES File Explorer. I can't save in that location, EG i can't write to the system folder without root.

However,depending on what you want to do and how good you are with coding and android you can either use ADB or use the lsec6521update file as described above.

If you need root in theory the method described on the XDA forums should work. There are 3 useful topics to look at:

1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3915530

2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3897206

3. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-a...t-t3974357

I know it refers to Joying,but it's the same FYT SoC and software. Some posts go into length about what clone unit you have, others help with root and also modifying certain aspects.

However, be warned our units are different because of the portrait orientation.

Hope that helps.

Guy

Thanks Guy , Much appreciated.

Post #605095 Thu Oct 01 2020 11:53am
Guyzer73

Morning All,

Has anyone received the Android 10 update for this unit? By supplier is dragging his heels in sending me the firmware so am hoping that someone here has received it and can forward it to me via Google Drive?

Alternatively, point me in the direction of where to find it.

Thanks 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...

Post #607061 Sat Nov 28 2020 7:37am
J50nmw

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Hoping to ask if we can clarify this would work with harmon kardon logic 7 I'm interested in ordering and fitting but wouldn't want to loose functionality or sound of logic 7

Thanks in advance for any help

Post #607371 Wed Dec 09 2020 8:16pm
Guyzer73

Hi,

Yes they work perfectly with the Logic 7 system. They say you can't fade front to back but with the DSP it seems to work, so not really sure what's going on there...

However, currently you can get the updated Android 10 versions which should offer better functionality such as automatic night and day mode which is something I miss on my Android 8.1 system and the manufacturer is saying they won't provide Android 10 update as not compatible, which in my opinion is BS....

Cheers

Post #607381 Thu Dec 10 2020 5:24am
J50nmw

Out of interest do you have the link to the newer unit is it still by navihua that you mentioned and would it still be gloss black thanks again

Post #607386 Thu Dec 10 2020 9:54am
Guyzer73

Here you go:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500135383...jpeg_.webp

First one I could find 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...

Post #607403 Fri Dec 11 2020 6:37am
J50nmw

Thankyou most appreciated

Post #607440 Sat Dec 12 2020 12:37pm
Guyzer73

Just an update on the problems I've had and whether they've been solved:

1. Parking sensor display incorrectly. Front outside sensors are reversed. No fix provided, so I will cut the cables at the next service to get this corrected. Has anyone with this unit experienced the same problem?
    2. "Navi" and "Band" hardware buttons have failed and cannot be reprogrammed. Again the ribbon cables came loose.
    3. Internal mic not working cannot make or receive telephone calls. This was a hardware problem, the ribbon cable was loose. I've reattached it and all is good again.
    4. Original Home Launcher cannot be customised. I gave up on this and now exclusively use Nove Launcher with KLWP.
    5. Couldn't add an ODB Bluetooth source despite the option being available in settings as the BT app is restricted to phones, tablets. resolved through changing the config.txt file and reflashing it. Still can't get the IID Tool recognised though.
    6. The screen disappears behind the frame so screen space is lost and some of the on screen OEM buttons are partially hidden. No solution as this is a manufacturing error. I noticed when I fixed the buttons and mic that the screen isn't symmetrical, rather a tablet screen in portrait mode with a wider bezel on one long edge than the other.
    7. Software fix to stop the system deleting contacts when pairing phones, and allow Google sync to work. No fix provide (years long problem with FYT). Easiest solution is to disable contact sync on your Google Account settings.
    8. "Car Info" displaying incorrect information, especially with regards to the suspension display. This has only got worse. After reflashing the suspension graphic has disappeared completely. No solution.
    9. The system is advertised as being Android 9, but when you check it is actually only Android 8.1. No updated software provided as they have now moved to a PX6 chip (RK3399) and Android 10 alllegedly.
    10. Video out does not work. No solution to date however I have found some AV software I may try.
    11. Hardware backlight colour cannot be changed despite there being a setting for this. It does nothing and the backlight is always white. No solution, researching further on XDA Forum

Other than the above the system does work well, and I am trolling the P4A website where they have a lot of development work for these types of units, including Android 10 firmware that should work. I trial flashed one over the weekend and had some success but the scaling was off as it was for a 1280x720 screen and not 1280x800.

I can also confirm the AC vent surrounds do act as ' anchors' to some degree as I have removed them in favour of my OEM noble chrome surrounds.

I will look to completely realigning the screen flush with the front of the stereo to provide better view and protection from sunlight reflections. I would then have to create a custom fibreglass back to it.

And finally here's my current home screen using Nove Launcher and KLWP:
Click image to enlarge

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...

Post #607456 Sun Dec 13 2020 8:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>