Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Run Away SDV6 Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Run Away SDV6 Hybrid

Hi Guys.

Well had a bit of a weird day yesterday !

I was pulling out of a junction onto a main A road and i put my foot down it's a straight road for about 8 mile I was accelerating quite hard and Terrian response was in auto so no dynamic mode and the gearbox wasn't in sport either but once I was getting to about 50mph I was easing off the throttle but it was still accelerating pretty hard Shocked

I thought I had hit cruise control resume / adaptive cruise or something so was tapping the cancel button nothing, tried the brakes but nothing still pulling hard now about 80mph ! I was starting to worry and the Mrs was going mad crying etc Rolling Eyes
So tried the brakes a bit harder and nothing Shocked it wasn't slowing us down much by now, this is over about 10 seconds I guess hard to remember! We was doing over 100mph and I could start to see traffic a mile or so ahead, I tried to put it into neutral but nope it wasn't having that but I knew a layby was coming up I just switched it off with the start button which I was surprised worked while moving and I was able to use the brakes to slow down and pull into the layby. Dam that was scary Shocked It happened so fast before i knew it we was over 100mph in seconds.

We stopped for about 5 minutes to just unwind and i calmed the Mrs down ! So after this I restarted the Sport and the engine just revved up so i switched it off again and didn't start it as I didn't want to cause any damage!

Landrover assist came out and typically he started it and it was fine Censored but he wouldn't let it drive how it was and to be honest I wasn't happy to drive it ! It got recovered and taken to my local dealer Inchcape Hunters Norwich. They have been working on it yesterday afternoon and today.
They found a few issues with a BCU malfunction code In diagnostics and that's it really it's been on a 30 mile test drive with no issues too !
But landrover wont let it go till they find the fault as it's been red flagged as too dangerous to drive ! So i hope I have more news tomorrow which I hope is good that they have found the fault.

For now I'm in a little Evoque Rolling Eyes not bad for what they are though.

Just wondering if anybody has come across this fault before ?

And no my mats were not jammed under the pedal Mr. Green I know this was a fault with some of the mats people had but I have genuine landrover carpet and rubber mats In mine.

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573239 Wed Jan 16 2019 7:03pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Wow scary or what not sure i would want that one back without them finding a bid fault Whistle Censored

Post #573244 Wed Jan 16 2019 7:52pm
thomas brown

Yea I would really like to have a fault found ! Its scary as this could have caused a major accident!!

Still I love my hybrid just hope i can have it back soon Big Cry

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573246 Wed Jan 16 2019 8:14pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Unbelievable. This post was more gripping than most stuff in the cinema recently! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #573247 Wed Jan 16 2019 8:25pm
thomas brown

Ha, ha like it ilard Mr. Green

Certainly made me grip the wheel Rolling Eyes best rollercoaster thrill ride I've been on Mr. Green

Post #573250 Wed Jan 16 2019 8:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Scary. Sounds like it’s possessed Shocked Glad no one was hurt. Please keep this thread updated and don’t take that car back without a satisfactory explanation and/or fix. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #573260 Wed Jan 16 2019 11:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Christine lives! Rolling with laughter

Wow, that must have been scary. Did you try the EPB at all? It is supposed to act as an emergency brake, overriding the throttle etc. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #573273 Thu Jan 17 2019 8:25am
00by

Yes I don't think a lot of people know about the electronic parking brake function - I think dealers should inform all customers as it could save lives.

I think the main purpose is for a passenger to be able to stop the car should the driver pass out/have other issues, but it may have worked in your case.

For those who don't know, you can pull and hold the EPB and the car will perform an emergency stop.
You need to keep holding, and then turn off the car once stopped. If you let go it cancels the stop. MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #573274 Thu Jan 17 2019 8:46am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Wow that’s scary stuff indeed.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #573275 Thu Jan 17 2019 9:17am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

The Instructor at an experience day told me of the emergency brake. To demonstrate he told me to drive at a steady 50mph & not to release the accelerator, made sure the road was clear then pulled it on. I nearly went through the windscreen Shocked

Post #573286 Thu Jan 17 2019 2:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

On an LRE when they demonstrated this to me they also advised a) ONLY ever use it in an emergency, ie don’t “practice” emergency stops and b) if you have to do it for real from high speed you must get the car to a dealer to check the EPB shoes are not damaged/worn too much. From personal experience it doesn’t work too effectively on black ice, but HDC does a great slowing down job in on an icy gradient and you start to skid going downhill. Ice and wet grass are both extremely low grip surfaces and HDC cannot telling the difference between them! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573293 Thu Jan 17 2019 3:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Using the EPB as an emergency brake uses the car's standard hydraulic brake system for those wondering how effective it might be. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #573299 Thu Jan 17 2019 4:36pm
Barryp

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Fuji White

Out of interest I was doing a bit of research on my L494 and just noticed that the previous parking brake arrangement using the cable driven brake shoes inside the drum at the centre of the disk has been changed to a direct action, now driving the disc pads directly onto the disc. The park brake was always a potential issue on the D3, D4 and L320 RRS and it looks like they have made a major change.
Electric motors on each rear caliper now drive the disc pads directly onto the disc.
I didn't have a problem with my D3 or L320 park brake but I did maintain it regularly to avoid the "screaming" issues etc. Hopefully the new arrangement is more reliable.
Regards
Barry 2017 Range Rover Sport TDV6 L494 SE Fuji White
2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 L320 SE Fuji White Loved but GONE
2010 TRAKKA Motorhome Fiat Ducato GONE (What a dud, don't buy one)
2006 Discovery 3 SE TDV6 Automatic Chawton White/Ebony. Loved but GONE
2006 BMW X5 diesel White/Charcoal, Bought new, Gone after 12 years! Was Excellent.
Ex Member Range Rover Club NSW

Post #573308 Thu Jan 17 2019 6:40pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Holy s*#! 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #573312 Thu Jan 17 2019 7:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Using the EPB as an emergency brake uses the car's standard hydraulic brake system for those wondering how effective it might be.

Sounds like the LRE back in 2005 didn’t really know what they were talking about then! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573321 Thu Jan 17 2019 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>