RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Run Away SDV6 Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Thanks for this Jim4244 Thumbs Up going to have a look at this link.

Really hope they don't have to change the engine though Shocked I don't really fancy dealers carrying out this work as I'm not sure they would have a high standard of work like causing more issues putting all the clips back etc but I suppose if this was the case least I would have a spanking new engine. Hopefully not a bad one with crank issues though Rolling Eyes

Well only time will tell I guess.

Thanks again though.

Tom Thumbs Up Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573370 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:49pm
thomas brown

jim4244 wrote:
What engine is in the hybrid?

Jim

Hi Jim.

It's the SDV6 306bhp version with the addblue. With the hybrid motor it puts out 354bhp.

It's a bloody good set up to be honest really impressed how it drives it's really quick and no lag like what you get with just the diesel versions. Really good mpg too high 40mpg and sometimes I can even hit 52mpg if im careful Mr. Green
Plus I don't have to plug it in to charge it Rolling Eyes

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573372 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:53pm
thomas brown

Hi guys.

Well I had a good read of that link you sent me Jim, very interesting thank you.

Even though mine doesn't sound as if the engine is at fault not rulling it out ofcourse but I think mine maybe more Electrical, could be a hybrid issue demanding full power, or a throttle issue maybe. It's strange they took it out on a 30 mile test drive on Thursday and I've heard nothing from my dealer ! I keep checking if my vehicle has moved on in control on my phone but nope nothing just parked up locked and alarmed!

I was going to ring them this afternoon but thought I will wait till Monday morning before I ring or if they ring me tomorrow which is very unlikely!

Well I'm looking forward to hearing a update from inchcape Hunters Norwich. As you say I reckon somebody will be coming down from Gaydon.

Do vehicles ever get sent back to Gaydon / Solihul to get looked at or worked on by their technicians ?

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573406 Sat Jan 19 2019 12:34am
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Well I waited till this afternoon for the dealer to hopefully ring me and give me some updates but of course I had to ring them.
I haven't spoken to them since Thursday morning so thought they would of gave me a courtesy call with a update at least, seems like today the customer has to always do the chasing around !

Anyway it was very short and sweet and all I got was they are talking / working with Landrover at Solihull to resolve the issue and if they have no luck they will be sending somebody down from Solihull Landrover them selves to get it sorted this week.

So looks like we are not moving anywhere quickly but moving in the right direction at least.
As we all know not many people know enough about Hybrid's and this is going to be a problem for some time untill they get the proper training and knowledge.

Once I know more I will let you guys know.

Just want my sport back I'm missing her Big Cry

Thanks.

Post #573595 Mon Jan 21 2019 11:07pm
thomas brown

Hi guys.

Just thought i would give you a update.

Well I'm picking my sport up tomorrow, woohoo Mr. Green they have actually not found a thing wrong with my vehicle and have carried out all the tests which Landrover Gaydon wanted them too and these have came back all perfect.

They have carried out some software updates to the SDV6 and Hybrid drive train what this consists of i dont really know but it's been quite a big update apparently? I will be asking the technicians about this tomorrow afternoon to find out more.

They have done a total of just over 50miles on test drives and nothing has gone wrong !

Well hopefully this is sorted now but only time will tell !

I will be ready with the handbrake emergency stop button this time if it happens again Rolling Eyes Hope its sorted though with these updates Mr. Green

Thanks.

Tom Thumbs Up Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573783 Thu Jan 24 2019 7:00pm
harisson

Switzerland 

@thomas brown
Glad to hear that you are getting your RRS back Smile

I am interested to know which updates where installed. Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #573790 Thu Jan 24 2019 8:35pm
thomas brown

Yea I'm really happy to have her back tomorrow, certainly missed her !

Yea I'm definitely interested in these updates, it was done by the technician's at Inchape Hunters Norwich these updates came over from Gaydon Landrover, from what I heard over the phone it was to do with the Hybrid side synchronisation to the SDV6 side so I think it's only mainly for Hybrid's but will find out more tomorrow Thumbs Up

To be honest the technician's were brilliant I even got a video from them explaining what they have done / tested etc. The service has been very good from the workshop side it's just the service desk where most dealers seem to fall short !!

This update could be for all Hybrid's who knows ? As this is the first for them. But its very strange though they couldn't find a thing wrong with my sport Rolling Eyes

Thanks.

Post #573793 Thu Jan 24 2019 8:58pm
harisson

Switzerland 

Interesting...
Looking forward to hear about your experience Smile

Regarding technicians.. I live in Switzerland and my local dealer is very good. I am happy with the guys.. Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #573794 Thu Jan 24 2019 9:11pm
thomas brown

Hi guys.

Sorry for the slow reply !

Well I got my sport back late yesterday afternoon I'm so pleased to have her back Mr. Green
It was nice to pick her up just as spotless as she went there but they know me I'm OCD with my polishing so kept her lovely and clean as they know I wouldn't be happy otherwise Rolling Eyes

Anyway....

I was speaking to the technicians who gave me plenty of info. The whole vehicle was faultless at the end of the day not one diagnostic error code ! They checked her over completely, checked turbos, throttle, exhausts, boost hoses etc but nothing.

The updates which have been carried out on her were mainly to do with a upgrade to the hybrid system and a tune up of the electric motor something to do with how it connects to the gearbox and SDV6 which they said actually will give you more torque.
As we all know the Hybrid electric motor kicks out 35kw of electrical power but they are saying with the updates to the motor it's closer to 40kw Mr. Green

The SDV6 it's self has not really had any major updates just a few minor software updates to the turbos something to do with the boost and fueling matching up to the hybrid drive train.

Again this information and updates have gave from Gaydon Landrover so I'm not sure if this will be updates across the board or not ? I did ask the technicians but it's something they are working in at Gaydon so it could happen ?
When driving my sport home I'm sure it felt more responsive then before but then again I was driving a little Evoque for nearly two weeks so that's a massive difference Rolling Eyes

I have got to take her back in just for a diagnostic check over in 1 week something to do with these new software updates making sure all is ok.

But all in all I'm happy and will keep you posted how things go. Been into great Yarmouth today no issues Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Post #573881 Sat Jan 26 2019 8:20pm
BKHK

Australia 

‘’ Been into great Yarmouth today no issues”

Do you still have all 4 wheels? Laughing

Post #573907 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:43am
thomas brown

He, he no they left me the wheels but took the rest Rolling with laughter

Post #573911 Sun Jan 27 2019 1:16am
BKHK

Australia 

Haven’t been there for 25 years, I lived in the area for 10 years. Actually, GY itself aside, it’s a lovely part of the UK (it was in the 80s and early 90s anyway), summers sailing on the Broads in Wroxham has great memories.

Post #573912 Sun Jan 27 2019 1:31am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tom, it sounds from your last update post that you are being used as the test bed for other customers cars............. in best ARG/BMC / Rover Group tradition. How long before we are back to a 3 day week, 21st century version of Red Robbo, building cars nobody will buy, in our automotive industries? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573915 Sun Jan 27 2019 7:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Thomas

I must say, you are taking all this in your stride. I think that if I had been driving a car that didn’t respond to braking or gear change and kept accelerating up to 100 mph and the manufacturer and supply dealer couldn’t find a reason then I would loose all faith in it.

One of the reasons I choose to drive a L494 is it’s reputation for safety in all conditions.

Jim

Post #573916 Sun Jan 27 2019 8:05am
thomas brown

BKHK wrote:
Haven’t been there for 25 years, I lived in the area for 10 years. Actually, GY itself aside, it’s a lovely part of the UK (it was in the 80s and early 90s anyway), summers sailing on the Broads in Wroxham has great memories.

Well to be honest much hasn't changed Mr. Green Still that slow acle straight !! I live in a little village called Reedham on the Broads which is about 10miles from Great Yarmouth lovely little place, we have 5 pubs in our village Very Happy

My son lives in Wroxham which is another gorgeous place.

I see you live in Perth Australia I actually have a brother who lives there Thumbs Up Would love to take a trip out there one day to see him, but not so keen on the flight !!

Post #573925 Sun Jan 27 2019 11:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>