RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Run Away SDV6 Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi Guys.

Cheers for the replies Thumbs Up Not been on here much today as mum had a fall today and cracked a few ribs Shocked Been up the hospital most of the day, all going on as usual !

Anyway.....

Thank you, Good to know about the EPB wish I would of know about that earlier Rolling Eyes may of saved the panic from my Mrs Rolling Eyes

Like that quote Tim Rolling with laughter He, he I don't think Landrover knows alot about their own vehicles.

Well I said yesterday to my dealer I won't ring you I'll let you ring me when you have some news, so far I've heard nothing don't think I will be hearing anything for a while to be honest !
I looked on my phone today on incontrol to see where / what condition my sport is in and if it's been out anywhere, nope it's not been out and it's parked up locked and alarmed. I guess they are having issues sorting this out !

I suppose they have to speak to actual Landrover now to see where to go from here as they can't let it go without finding a fault. Typically it isn't playing up anymore. As I said before it just had a bcu communication error but nothing to serious certainly not to cause what happened.

Fingers crossed they sort it out as I really love the motor. Maybe this could be a recall on all or most L494 sports ?

Only time will tell.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573322 Thu Jan 17 2019 9:29pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
Using the EPB as an emergency brake uses the car's standard hydraulic brake system for those wondering how effective it might be.

Sounds like the LRE back in 2005 didn’t really know what they were talking about then!

I think the system changed with the RRS2 upgrade in 2013. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #573323 Thu Jan 17 2019 9:40pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim, if the EPB switch is lifted at a speed above about 6mph, the system asks the ABS system to activate all four wheels hydraulically. The full anti lock functionality is available and the vehicle should behave as it would with the brake pedal pressed.

If the ABS system can't power the hydraulic brakes up to pressure ("fall back" case 1) but otherwise can provide anti lock function, above walking pace, the EPB uses the anti lock sensors to apply an anti lock function to the rear wheels by adjusting the park brake cables accordingly to prevent rear wheel locking.

If the ABS system doesn't work at all ("fall back" case 2) the EPB will just apply the park brake and the driver has to try to prevent locking of the rear wheels using the switch. That sounds scary / difficult to me!

No doubt in fall back case 2, the EPB shoes will need to be checked / changed ASAP. I would guess that's what the LRE guys meant.

This is for the original RRS, RRS2 might be different in detail. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #573326 Thu Jan 17 2019 10:12pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

thomas brown wrote:

I looked on my phone today on incontrol to see where / what condition my sport is in and if it's been out anywhere, nope it's not been out and it's parked up locked and alarmed. I guess they are having issues sorting this out !

More likely they've just walked away and left it. More money in charging silly amounts for oil changes than in fixing broken vehicles! Easy money versus difficult money.

And, no, I'm not joking... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #573327 Thu Jan 17 2019 10:16pm
thomas brown

Yea that's more like it, hmmmmm we don't know how to fix this one but let's make some more money with changing the oil on loads of oil dilution vehicles Rolling Eyes

Hopefully they get Solihull involved and get it sorted !

One can only hope Thumbs Up

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573341 Fri Jan 18 2019 12:09am
SRE

Spain 

I think I would be pushing the dealer for a regular update and ask when Gayden are sending out one of their guys.
The problem is I bet there are very few dealers who have staff qualified to look at high tech vehicles, let alone hybrids Big Cry

However I must admit I have enjoyed reading this topic...….best one for a long time Thumbs Up In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #573346 Fri Jan 18 2019 9:57am
thomas brown

Yea I think if I hear nothing by 3pm I will be ringing them to see what updates they have and if or when somebody is coming down from Gayden.

I would just love my sport back to be honest, I like the little Evoque but it's just too small for me and I certainly miss the power too ! But still least I have a vehicle and it's saving the miles on mine Rolling Eyes

As soon as I know more will let you all know Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Post #573353 Fri Jan 18 2019 10:52am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

If a car just tried to kill me and my family i'd be pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

Keep a very close audit of conversations with the dealership and get written detail from them about exactly what they have done to solve the problem, if indeed it is solved.

I guess you bought the car new from a dealer and it is under warranty, but be aware that UK Consumer law could give you rights to return the car under certain circumstances, I think it's up to 6 years after purchase. (see link below for your rights)

And for those of you with cars less than 6 mths old with a design fault problem that is not fixed you can reject the car in writing. I did this myself, my first L494 seats were compromised by the dealership so I threw a fully audit trailed PowerPoint at them (5 months after purchase) with photos and other evidence, demanding they buy back the car-- and to my surprise they did ! at full price and with a free evoque for 6 mths until the new one arrived.. (still miss her Big Cry )

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/a...h-your-car P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #573355 Fri Jan 18 2019 12:13pm
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 
Re: Run Away SDV6 Hybrid

Hi Thomas Brown,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of this.

Please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to assist further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK

thomas brown wrote:
Hi Guys.

Well had a bit of a weird day yesterday !

I was pulling out of a junction onto a main A road and i put my foot down it's a straight road for about 8 mile I was accelerating quite hard and Terrian response was in auto so no dynamic mode and the gearbox wasn't in sport either but once I was getting to about 50mph I was easing off the throttle but it was still accelerating pretty hard Shocked

I thought I had hit cruise control resume / adaptive cruise or something so was tapping the cancel button nothing, tried the brakes but nothing still pulling hard now about 80mph ! I was starting to worry and the Mrs was going mad crying etc Rolling Eyes
So tried the brakes a bit harder and nothing Shocked it wasn't slowing us down much by now, this is over about 10 seconds I guess hard to remember! We was doing over 100mph and I could start to see traffic a mile or so ahead, I tried to put it into neutral but nope it wasn't having that but I knew a layby was coming up I just switched it off with the start button which I was surprised worked while moving and I was able to use the brakes to slow down and pull into the layby. Dam that was scary Shocked It happened so fast before i knew it we was over 100mph in seconds.

We stopped for about 5 minutes to just unwind and i calmed the Mrs down ! So after this I restarted the Sport and the engine just revved up so i switched it off again and didn't start it as I didn't want to cause any damage!

Landrover assist came out and typically he started it and it was fine Censored but he wouldn't let it drive how it was and to be honest I wasn't happy to drive it ! It got recovered and taken to my local dealer Inchcape Hunters Norwich. They have been working on it yesterday afternoon and today.
They found a few issues with a BCU malfunction code In diagnostics and that's it really it's been on a 30 mile test drive with no issues too !
But landrover wont let it go till they find the fault as it's been red flagged as too dangerous to drive ! So i hope I have more news tomorrow which I hope is good that they have found the fault.

For now I'm in a little Evoque Rolling Eyes not bad for what they are though.

Just wondering if anybody has come across this fault before ?

And no my mats were not jammed under the pedal Mr. Green I know this was a fault with some of the mats people had but I have genuine landrover carpet and rubber mats In mine.

Cheers.

Tom.
 Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #573361 Fri Jan 18 2019 4:12pm
thomas brown

Hmmm Is this Landrover customer care ? Just googled it and it's land customer relationship centre. I guess it's the same.

Thank you Landrover for contacting me through here, it at least means they do care about us as a customer.

I didn't know they monitored this forum ! Obviously they do Wink

Well I will be in contact if the dealer doesn't find anything wrong and they want to give my sport back to me like this !

I'm hoping they have some news soon, hoping we get a technician down from Gayden if the dealer has no luck !

Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Post #573363 Fri Jan 18 2019 4:45pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

They don’t usually comment on problems but seeing how sales are down they need to do something.If only they could sort the crankshaft issue out & the oil dilution on the diesels. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #573364 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:30pm
thomas brown

Hi Boldlygo.

Thanks for that information and the link Thumbs Up never know I may need it but hopefully not.

Yea totally agree tyrefitter those two issues are major ones which really need sorting out.

Post #573365 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:39pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hmmmm...... Something very similar happened to a chap over on the Full Fat site.

It ended up with the engine being replaced.

Jim

Post #573366 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:41pm
jim4244

Here it is

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic48947.html

Post #573367 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:44pm
jim4244

What engine is in the hybrid?

Jim

Post #573369 Fri Jan 18 2019 5:47pm