RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > My new to me 2006 supercharged fixes and faults.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue
My new to me 2006 supercharged fixes and faults.

Thought it time I started a thread about my cairns blue supercharged I bought from a mate. Its not the best but not the worst so worth saving. Apart from the curbed wheels and cheap tyres which will be sorted soon i started on some of the other issues.
1st issue suspension fault...... Rolling Eyes no surprise there luckily this turned out to be the infamous crack on the back of the air pump all fixed with a nice new metal type I had sitting around in the garage.
2nd issue suspension not raising when I tell it to. I could lower to access height but not back up again so time to pull out the centre console and strip it down. Removed the circuit board cleaned it up reassemble and....... Thumbs Up all working so my first 2 issues all fixed for nothing.
I've install my k9 dog cage and secured it so can now take the mutt for walks..
It's got a dead ns rear parking sensor, I think iv got some somewhere. And it needs a good service and brake inspection but it snowed here today and its freezing.

The arb bushes sqeek alot a spray of wd40 confirmed it as now silent will put them on the parts list.

I'm sure there will be lots more to come.

Post #623287 Fri Apr 01 2022 5:09pm
Lrstaylor

Been having a good look around the engine bay today and think I've tracked down a slight clunk on idle, supercharger front pulley bearing seems to be shot. So will add a rebuild kit to my ever increasing parts list luckily I have access to a press. Rolling Eyes

Post #623345 Sun Apr 03 2022 11:01pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sounds like a good project car, especially if you have access to garage facilities to do some / all of your own work. Thumbs Up

Sadly, the older examples of any car make will tend to get worse as they become increasingly expensive to fix when having to pay someone else to do the work, and thus stuff doesn't get done. It's why older cars are worth less in some ways - the potential bills are bigger than the apparent worth of the vehicle. It's a silly idea really, that things become worth less in this way if one thinks about it. I guess it's a system devised by those that want to sell us shiny new things. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #623347 Mon Apr 04 2022 8:32am
Lrstaylor

Luckily I can do pretty much most stuff, I restored my P38 v8 when I got it from top end rebuild to air suspension rebuild, I run an m62 Fullfat which got its guides replaced last year and the wife's D3 keeps me busy but not to much more preventative stuff than faults. The rrs is pretty similar.
Just need to see if I can remove the snout only or full off supercharger. Some say yes some say no Rolling Eyes

Post #623359 Mon Apr 04 2022 12:38pm
Lrstaylor

Little update, found the O ring on the pcv valve shot so that's all done with a nice new O ring.
Next job was looking for a small oil leak front n/s not enuff to be dripping but oil where it shouldn't be.

Found this

Not sure what pipe it is yet, oil cooler ? I'm sure some one will let me know. The hose clamp was loose so I've nipped it up cleaned all the oil off and will monitor.

New rear discs and pads ordered from site sponsor will be here early next week. New supercharger bearing kit arrived but will have to wait. Full brake service and tyres 1st on the list.

Post #623461 Sat Apr 09 2022 11:05am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Gearbox cooler probably

Post #623462 Sat Apr 09 2022 11:28am
Lrstaylor

Yep, gearbox oil cooler. I followed the pipe back to the gearbox so another thing added to my list, I was going to do a gearbox flush anyways looks like soon than later. I will check the levels 1st.

Any know what oil goes in the supercharged gearbox ? And where are the filler and drain plugs?? I've had a quick look but didn't see anything obvious.

Post #623463 Sat Apr 09 2022 11:37am
Andy K

Gearbox oil change is generally never that simple.

There is a level plug in the drivers side. Allen key required. And only remove when engine running.
Drain plug on the bottom plastic at the rear.

Also check it’s not leaking from the electric connector before starting work

Zf6hp comparable oil required. Straw coloured

Post #623468 Sat Apr 09 2022 1:08pm
Lrstaylor

Nice 1 Andy il get back under there tomorrow and have a look see.

Post #623470 Sat Apr 09 2022 2:33pm
Lrstaylor

It's the little things, engine cover mounting grommets x3 missing quick look in the garage, job done.

Post #623471 Sat Apr 09 2022 3:33pm
Andy K

With the side level plug.

First find the correct allen key size, tap it in a bit to get over any rust or rubbish. Undo it slightly to prove you can loosen it, but don't remove else fluid will pour out.

Start the engine and let it warm up for about 5 mins until the coolant gauge moves a fraction off the bottom.
Run it though the gears, waiting at least 3 seconds in each, R N D 1 2 3 and back to P
Ensure the climate control and A/C is on.

With the engine still running, remove the plug on the side. A trickel of oil is normal.
If you get nothing out then its low.

Post #623472 Sat Apr 09 2022 3:45pm
Lrstaylor

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up andy

Post #623473 Sat Apr 09 2022 5:51pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Lrstaylor wrote:
Been having a good look around the engine bay today and think I've tracked down a slight clunk on idle, supercharger front pulley bearing seems to be shot. So will add a rebuild kit to my ever increasing parts list luckily I have access to a press. Rolling Eyes

I thibk i have a new pully and oil for that if you want to make me an offer but would need to check the garage to seeif its still there Lol

Post #623486 Sun Apr 10 2022 9:40am
Lrstaylor

Today was brake day, I usually pull the wheels off in the 1st week but due to other things it had to wait until today.

For the life of me I don't know why I didn't order front pads the same time I ordered the rear brake kit Big Cry but I didn't so that's next week's job along with oil and filter plus check the gearbox oil level.

Right at the start I suffered a bad case of swollen nuts, new ones ordered with the said front pads. So I left the front wheels alone and just sorted the rears.

Before

After

Post #623601 Fri Apr 15 2022 6:45pm
Lrstaylor

Front brakes done new pads fitted the front discs are serviceable unlike the rears so time to turn my attention to the interior. I recently re glued the peeling cloth material on one A pillars. Drivers side I experimented with pva passenger side git good old spray contact glue, neither was much good.
After glueing

As expected the spray glue bled threw the pva not so much but both were pretty awful.

Time to recover in leather to match the rest of the interior, after ordering a lot of samples I found one to be the best match after all the original leather ivory white is a bit faded from sun damage and has had only x1 clean.
Recoverd

Have plenty left for the B and C pillars if I think it's good enough.

Post #623801 Sat Apr 23 2022 12:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>