RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > My new to me 2006 supercharged fixes and faults.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>

Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue

2500 grit wet n dry then 3000 grit wet n dry then a quick finish off with electric polisher with cutting compound and medium pad you can just use a drill with a polishing pad on it no need for expensive kits iv got all this stuff sitting around the garage.

Fitted leds in the side lights the original bulbs were very yellow in comparison

Post #640120 Sat Mar 02 2024 10:30pm
Lrstaylor

Lower steering column day today as I still wasn't happy with how it felt driving, usual light feeling and sometimes off centre steering wheel in a straight line and sometimes perfectly straight. Thought it went heavy last week for a second or 2.

Still genuin part fitted today happy to report steering transformed wheel centres everything. This and my rebalanced wheels means its rather nice to drive.
B C D internal pillars to refurb with my fake leatherette to match the A pillars then it's time for paint in the summer.

Until the next thing Rolling with laughter

Post #640201 Wed Mar 06 2024 9:55pm
JonnyCJ

United Kingdom 

Lrstaylor wrote:
2500 grit wet n dry then 3000 grit wet n dry then a quick finish off with electric polisher with cutting compound and medium pad you can just use a drill with a polishing pad on it no need for expensive kits iv got all this stuff sitting around the garage.

Fitted leds in the side lights the original bulbs were very yellow in comparison

Got my paint to correct at some point. Some bumper scuffs to blend in, then it’s out with the wet sanding and Hex-Logic pads.

First job is taking off the tatty old side steps and fitting some nicely prepped sill covers.

My 4.2 doesn’t have privacy glass, which initially I wished it had, but the more Rangeys I see, incl FF without it, makes me realise how much classier it looks. The side step elimination also makes for much nicer profile.

Post #640227 Thu Mar 07 2024 8:49pm
Lrstaylor

I was pleased with the paint correction I did on my mates porche the clear coat and paint on those things is far superior than on the sport.

When things warm up I'm gonna set to it Thumbs Up

Post #640229 Thu Mar 07 2024 9:12pm
Lrstaylor

Spring/summer is on the way so it's time to turn my attention to body work. It's been a while since I waved a spray gun around so I invested in colour matched rattle cans off the bay and picked up an old sc front grill.

Will give it a couple of days to dry/harden and see what it looks like on the car, will do the lower tailgate trim if I like the fully colour coded look. I did that to my L322 full fat and liked it.

Post #640756 Wed Mar 27 2024 8:36pm
JonnyCJ

United Kingdom 

A couple of things that have bugged me got sorted today. The rear hatch button was grey, as was the rear bumper tread plate, so whizzed them both off/out and treated them to some bumper black restorer stuff.

They’ve really made a difference and cleaned up the tired looking rear. Got some new Sport and Suoercharged badges to go on, but might do the lower trim in body colour as well as I’ve been toying with it. I think it just pulls off ?

Post #640757 Wed Mar 27 2024 8:52pm
Lrstaylor

Yes it just pulls off but get some new clips just incase. Iv got a new sport/sc badge sitting here and new chrome Button and surround. BUT iv paint to sort bottom right hand corner just about the lower trim panel. It's getting the colour code treatment but I'm leaving off the RANGE ROVER

Post #640758 Wed Mar 27 2024 8:57pm
JonnyCJ

United Kingdom 

Where do you get your clips ? Wouldn’t know where to start looking to ensure I got the correct ones.

Ordered some for the cill plastic covers after taking off the side steps and typically got the right style, but the wrong type.

Post #640759 Wed Mar 27 2024 9:12pm
Lrstaylor

Get them from evil bay I buy them by the 20 Rolling with laughter there cheap enuff so iv got a few packets of each type.

Post #640760 Wed Mar 27 2024 9:14pm
Lrstaylor

Fitted the grill luckily I had a spare badge in stock need to black out the RANGE ROVER on the bonnet.

Post #640808 Fri Mar 29 2024 7:05pm
83series3

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Making great progress there. I’ve spent another frustrating day with the Dynamic Response troubleshooting …. I’ve put all the original solenoids back on, as it was instantly failing with the replacement solenoid (the one on the back of the valve block) …. So now I’m back to the system failing on left hand turns ….

Post #640809 Fri Mar 29 2024 7:10pm
JonnyCJ

United Kingdom 

Lrstaylor wrote:
Fitted the grill luckily I had a spare badge in stock need to black out the RANGE ROVER on the bonnet.

Have you been turning off the traction control when leaving the house ?

Post #640810 Fri Mar 29 2024 7:22pm
Lrstaylor

Iv got traction control ? Rolling with laughter

Post #640812 Fri Mar 29 2024 8:08pm
JonnyCJ

United Kingdom 

Lrstaylor wrote:
Time to upgrade the dash cam, iv had a decent front only dash cam forever but need a front and rear with the dog cage in the back iv no rear view at all when driving.

I'm a big fan of the wolf box dash cams g840s as it records both front/rear at the same time. Has amazing 1080p definition and like most switches to reversing camera when selecting reverse .

It's hard wired iv got it plugged into the cigarette lighter but will find a permanent live so its recording 24/7 it has a low battery monitor system built in so shouldn't drain the cars battery.

The night time vision on the rear camera is crystal clear even with car headlight blaring behind, got one of these in the wife's D3.

Been researching these and think I’m going to go with the G900 Pro version. There’s £70 off via Wolfbox direct at the mo. Just need to work out if I can remove the existing rear view mirror and fit it with the optional mounting bracket, which should make it a lot neater.

The wires should also hopefully tuck into the 2 piece plastic shroud that covers the existing mounting arm.

Some investigation needed but will report back in n due course.

Post #640865 Tue Apr 02 2024 2:15pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The existing cover, covers the rain sensor.

Post #640868 Tue Apr 02 2024 4:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>