RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS Stolen Chobham Surrey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Grimble

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear this but a cheaper security option could be a retractable steel post (some fold, some drop vertically) on your driveway. A bit of a pain if you are in and out a lot, but a physical barrier is often a better deterrent than an electronic one. I appreciate that it just pushes the problem on to someone else but the only real deterrent for these scum is unfortunately illegal in the UK (I would acquit every time, probably why I'm not selected for jury service). RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #613333 Thu May 06 2021 8:59am
Kot

I use the big yellow Stop Lock, they will move on to the neighbours car, a grinder will wake the street up and it all adds time that a scallywag doesn't want. Yeh its a pain but you get used to it, takes seconds to fit. They also know you are security conscious and that a Tracker is also probably functional.

A Tracker is a must, LR £260 a year is worth it in my view.

These days, there are lots of cheap diy tracker options around, just Google it.

And as a scary mentioned keyless entry should be disabled, also consider a dummyobd2

Post #613344 Thu May 06 2021 11:45am
robmeister1969

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Thanks all - some very good advice. Yes it has the keyless entry, and no it wasn’t deactivated so something to consider next time round

A post would be a fairly easy solution although that said I have a big gate so I could find an anchor / chain solution there to lock it at night.

I’m planning to reactivate the tracker but LR still haven’t sent me the email link and calling them today I’m getting the following recorded message - ‘due to unforeseen circumstances the Land Rover customer relations centre is currently closed’

I can’t find a direct contact number for the InControl centre unfortunately. Does anyone have one? 2005 RRS First Edition Supercharged
2015 BMW M4

Post #613345 Thu May 06 2021 12:28pm
Kot

03456004999 that's the number in my LR tracker app to call in case of theft

Post #613348 Thu May 06 2021 2:28pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Remember there’s also Guardian mode on the latest LR app which sends you a notification immediately if your car is unlocked, the doors opened or the engine started, even when it’s done with your own key. I tested it and it’s very good. Since the scumbags need to get into the car before they can steal it, that would give you an instant alert.

Post #613349 Thu May 06 2021 2:44pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Do you have an InControl account?

You can renew yourself via the web site: https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web/login 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #613350 Thu May 06 2021 2:51pm
robmeister1969

Thanks for your replies, and a brief update.

I had sent a chaser email to LR customer services yesterday morning, mentioning the longer it takes them to come back, the more likely it is the car will have been taken apart.

I got an email from them yesterday evening to say that my subscription is still active until 15th May and gave me the number Kot provided for InControl. I got onto Incontrol and they pinged the car, but nothing was picked up.

This morning I got a theft alert text message, so called Incontrol again and they explained that they had picked up a GSM signal but not a GPS signal. They took my police details and arranged to contact the police to search the area, but weren’t permitted to give me the location. They called back later and suggested I speak to the police directly as the owner of the car and to get feedback. The police had carried out a search but didn’t find anything, but the police did give me the postcode which was in Redhill, near Gatwick (about 40 miles from me). I went down this afternoon but unfortunately haven’t found anything.

I’ve spoken to Incontrol again this evening - they think it’s very unlikely the car will now be recovered - but curiously my Incontrol subscription is now set until 2024... 2005 RRS First Edition Supercharged
2015 BMW M4

Post #613395 Fri May 07 2021 4:52pm
Kot

I would now post a letter in ever letterbox in that post code, with picture and details, let him know all the neighbours are watching him.

Post #613397 Fri May 07 2021 8:01pm
Kot

If you have incontrol then download the remote app
Just maybe you can see the journeys, a long shot but maybe?

Post #613400 Fri May 07 2021 9:00pm
robmeister1969

Hi Kot. No when the theft alert triggers, it just puts an alert on the screen to call the number and it doesn’t show anything different when you scroll.

I spoke to the police again today and a member of the public had reported suspicious activity with the car being loaded onto a flatbed in Wokingham.

The tracker company tell me it’s still putting out a signal in the Horley near Gatwick area. Hopefully there will be a location there that the transport company will reveal.

I also had a knock on the door from a BT contractor about 3 hours before the car was stolen which I think was really suspicious. I have 3 cameras on the front and I can see him very subtly looking at each. Ive sent the stills to the police. 2005 RRS First Edition Supercharged
2015 BMW M4

Post #613443 Sat May 08 2021 6:40pm
robmeister1969

mg] 2005 RRS First Edition Supercharged
2015 BMW M4

Post #613444 Sat May 08 2021 6:43pm
robmeister1969

I took Grimble’s advice and fitted a telescopic post. Quite a deep hole to dig but seems to a good quality post, a strong deterrent I hope, and a more peaceful sleep!

2005 RRS First Edition Supercharged
2015 BMW M4

Post #613758 Tue May 18 2021 2:09pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

robmeister1969 wrote:
Hi Kot. No when the theft alert triggers, it just puts an alert on the screen to call the number and it doesn’t show anything different when you scroll.

I spoke to the police again today and a member of the public had reported suspicious activity with the car being loaded onto a flatbed in Wokingham.

The tracker company tell me it’s still putting out a signal in the Horley near Gatwick area. Hopefully there will be a location there that the transport company will reveal.

I also had a knock on the door from a BT contractor about 3 hours before the car was stolen which I think was really suspicious. I have 3 cameras on the front and I can see him very subtly looking at each. Ive sent the stills to the police.

If the tracker is active, why aren't the police going there and investigating? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #613760 Tue May 18 2021 2:51pm
Dave B

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Because they just don't do anything when there is insurance involved, too much hassle, just give a crime number and all is well in their eyes.

We've had this discussion before re the Police and what they actually achieve, unless it's catching speeding motorists, you haven't got a chance of getting any of them out of their cars or off their arses to do Police type work.

Dave 2010 3.6 TDV8 HSE (Gone)
2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago)

Post #613762 Tue May 18 2021 4:10pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Pity you did not have this. Tad illegal. but stops your car being nicked Thumbs Up

Post #613767 Tue May 18 2021 5:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>