Home > General (L494) > P400e Scheduling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

okay so i found this in the web based Incontrol docs (not the app):

Quote:
Remote Climate for PHEV vehicles only

The default method for providing a comfortable cabin temperature is through electric climate conditioning rather than remotely starting the engine or via timed climate.

The user can initiate the climate control directly via an on/off toggle switch on the InControl Remote smartphone app. The user can also set a departure timer which allows the temperature to be managed at a desired time using the smartphone app.

though clearly thats not entirely correct, as on the new app you can't press the on/off toggle and the old app doesn't allow you to "set a departure timer" Laughing  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606299 Thu Nov 05 2020 11:16pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

okay so a bit of experimentation this morning, if i unplug the car i can use the new app to start the climate, which starts the ICE. As far as i can tell there is no way to start the electric climate from this app.

The pre-conditioning schedule that i set yesterday with the new app didn't work this morning, I'm assuming because its trying to start the ICE but it can't because its plugged in (i don't want that anyway, as i want it to use the electric climate for pre-conditioning).

My missus drained the battery this morning, so its now on a 7.5 hour charge (I'm still at 13amp). I used the new app last night to set the preferred charge time to 19:00-16:00, when i plugged it in this morning aftershe got back, i saw the LEDs flash blue on the socket (first time I've seen that), it then started charging, I'm hopeful that at 16:00 this afternoon it will pause charging and start again at 19:00 Smile  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606322 Fri Nov 06 2020 11:45am
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

okay so it didn't stop charging at 16:00 Rolling Eyes however it would appear if you plug it in during a timed event it will wait, i couldn't test to see if it automatically started as i needed to nip out and when i got back i plugged it in and got a "Charging Fault" message Big Cry

so frankly i'm throughly Censored off with it all ready, i don't know if its just issues with my car or whether they are all just junk! Am i the only one that cares about this functionality? i can't believe this car has been available for over two years and still has so many glitches... or is his my reality check on buying British  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606345 Fri Nov 06 2020 9:08pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Land Rover sell branded gloves, hats etc. Might be cheaper in the long run. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #606346 Fri Nov 06 2020 9:35pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Topping up my windscreen washer, I took the opportunity to snap the petrol Webasto unit, located driver’s side towards the back in case anyone wonders what these things look like.

L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #606378 Sat Nov 07 2020 6:44pm
Trapdoor

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Nano2nd wrote:
okay so it didn't stop charging at 16:00 Rolling Eyes however it would appear if you plug it in during a timed event it will wait, i couldn't test to see if it automatically started as i needed to nip out and when i got back i plugged it in and got a "Charging Fault" message Big Cry

so frankly i'm throughly Censored off with it all ready, i don't know if its just issues with my car or whether they are all just junk! Am i the only one that cares about this functionality? i can't believe this car has been available for over two years and still has so many glitches... or is his my reality check on buying British

I have a 7kW Charge Pod so have never used the ‘granny charger’ ... but I think if you set a ‘departure time’ charging event then it should stop charging at the set departure time. I don’t think the ‘preferred period’ will do that if the charge is slow from the 13A charger.

Mine is set to have the preferred charging from 00:30 to 04:30 and a daily departure time for charging at 04:30 and mine will kick off at 00:30 and be finished by about 03:30 or so.

Post #606394 Sun Nov 08 2020 12:18pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I'm in a P400e now as a loan car - L405 Autobiography.

That is a quirk the new app won't let you toggle between climate modes - only the old app will.

I don't have the remote fob with it being a loan car so can't start the webasto unit either!

Oh well. JLR need to sort out their apps a bit!!

I also don't get why you can't set a target temperature at all like you can on all the other engine models? Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606574 Thu Nov 12 2020 10:04pm
LRRRS19

Austria 

Hi all, RRS P400e MY2019 here.

I have the "aux heater with remote control" in my HSE Dynamic, well, at least I paid for it. However:

Tried "departure times" for the first time today, and, in JLR typical manner, it failed. Car parked outside, unplugged. Point was pre-conditioning, not charging.

1) Programmed a departure time of 6:50, came to the car at 6:48 - car did nothing, dead silent, no lights, freezing cold. Perhaps what they mean by "departure time" is actually "time to activate the heater"...?

2) I don't think my P400e comes with a fuel heater. My key fob (the one for the remote climate system) does the same as the app - it activates "remote climate", and on my car this slowly drains the battery. If it had a fuel heater I don't suppose this should be the case.

3) I tied to program another departure time on my way to work. This time, the programmed time didn't show up in the calendar, even after several attempts to program it. However, there is the pre-cond icon in the upper right hand side corner, so the car might have recognized it anyway. Funny thing is that I can't delete or edit this programmed time (because there is nothing shown in the calendar), and I even can't deactivate the entire pre-condition system with the on/off button top left - tapping on this does nothing.

Totally underwhelmed.

PS: Forgot to mention: In the old app, I can only activate/deactivate climate (with a "preserve battery" switch that has no apparent effect), but I can't program departure times. The new app says "you can only use climate control once per manual engine start ....", but there are no options other than the green on/off button.

Post #608531 Wed Jan 13 2021 7:44am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Too complicated for me, will stick to visiting these places where you stick a pipe into a tube in your car, pull a trigger & some magic liquid goes down the pipe & away you go for a few hundred miles Very Happy Rolling with laughter Its the future Thumbs Up

Post #608540 Wed Jan 13 2021 10:42am
Grimble

United Kingdom 

What he said. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #608557 Wed Jan 13 2021 3:50pm
LRRRS19

Austria 

Kind of sorted it out:

When programming departure times, one can tap on the settings icon at the bottom of the screen (the two cogwheels), and then you can choose between fuel and electric, and if electric, if the system should use the heater even while unplugged.

Post #608561 Wed Jan 13 2021 6:53pm
Canary

England 

I too whole heartedly agree all this electric malarkey seems daunting and painful when its got JLR as its creator!

I'm waiting on hydrogen before getting rid of my combustion automobile Very Happy MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #608578 Thu Jan 14 2021 10:27am
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

it is a bit odd as the battery part of the car i.e. the EV bit IMO works really well, seamless transition from EV to hybrid to ICE and back again... is the software to do some more simple things like scheduling that's a mess, i wouldn't mind if they'd only been released 2 months ago.. but they've been on the market for years so there has been plenty of time to cut some new code and iterate it a few times.

I made a passing comment on here about JLR Solution Architects... (i'm a Solution Architect) as such i got hit up with an SA position at JLR as you do.... now that i've seen the salaries they are paying i now understand why the software is so inferior lol

I'm assuming the good EV bit has been bought in and not developed in house?  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #608593 Thu Jan 14 2021 5:23pm
LRRRS19

Austria 

I agree. The car is nearly perfectly drive-train-wise, but the software spoils it, big time.

And it's not only this issue. The sat nav loses its voice on a regular basis, audio is mute sometimes, the parking space search assistent is completely defunct since 19C (or even earlier). People with velars have a really bad and unstable climate system, many people have crackles in their audio. The cameras have a lag of half a second which makes them pointless for parking. The sign recognition works correctly in 10% of cases, at best. USB connections are more a matter of luck than anything. Bluetooth audio-only devices are not connected automatically at engine start. And the list goes on.

To call this a mess is an understatement. And to top it all off, now that Pivi is the new number one, our system will get even less attention. No one ever tested this system in real life, it's probably tested (if at all) on some simulator by the programmers, not sitting in a cold car being annoyed by a start up time of a minute or more in order to program a destination into the sat nav.

I kept reporting those bugs since I got the car back in 2019, to no avail. None of the bugs has ever been fixed, but release notes are full of stuff that I never experienced. It's like they invent bugs to fill those release notes and fake activity.

My wife's Hyundai's infotainment system is a pleasure to use, compared to this piece of "§$%&/. It boots instantly, is quick to react on taps, and has nearly all features of the RRS, apart from essential highlights like adjustable ambient lighting.

Post #608612 Fri Jan 15 2021 8:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12