RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400e Scheduling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Nano2nd

United Kingdom 
P400e Scheduling

Anyone had any problems with scheduling timed events? for the life of me i can't get it to pre-condition against a departure time for when the wife does the school run.

The other thing i want to do is stop it charging between 4pm-7pm (peak rate on Octopus Agile) I've set the preferred charging to start at 19:00 and end at 16:00, put it still charges between 4-7pm regardless Rolling Eyes

Post #606037 Thu Oct 29 2020 1:25pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I do not use these features in mine.

I wonder if flipping the preferred timings around, so prefer 16:00 to 19:00, literally the time you want to avoid, has any effect. I mean the first thing to prove is that it is ignoring your timings. Aside from that, don’t be such a terrific cheapskate! Rolling with laughter

For climate I always use the remote climate button. It only needs 5 or 10 mins to make the cabin very comfortable, very easy to do on demand, typically using 1 or 2% of the battery capacity. You can open the boot, doors etc and it remains on. I do not have regular driving habits so I have never used the schedule. If I use the start engine climate option in the app, when I open a door the heating ends. This does not suit me. It’s weird the app does not enable use of the fuel burning heater, but literally starts the engine. Consequently I do not use the app for climate. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #606111 Sat Oct 31 2020 12:15am
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

i thought I'd tried turning the settings round to test and that didn't' work either, I'll retest it.

Yes the climate on the app seems to work fine, i hadn't noticed it starting the engine though! Do all cars have the fuel burning heater? i thought that was an option?  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606235 Wed Nov 04 2020 10:01am
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

so i just set the "preferred charging" time to 15:00-18:00 plugged it in and its started charging Sad  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606249 Wed Nov 04 2020 2:59pm
Trapdoor

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

It took me a while to get the timed cabin preconditioning events to work. I have different departure days each day and find the app often fails first time to set the time up.

Are you setting on the screen or by the app? I found setting by the app seems to work ok.

Regarding the ‘preferred charging period’, on its own it seems to do nothing. I am on Octopus GO so need to charge between 00:30 and 04:30 so I set a daily vehicle charging departure of 04:30 ... and now the car seems to start charging after half past midnight and is finished about 03:30 according to the message I get from the app on my phone.

Now, when I park up and switch off, I get a pop up message on the upper screen which tells me the charging departure time and gives me the option to start an immediate charge, which is handy for a quick topup or at a public charge point.

Post #606269 Thu Nov 05 2020 7:12pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

i don't seem the have an option to set any timing for the pre-conditioning on the app, its just turn on or off as far as i can see?  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606280 Thu Nov 05 2020 10:12pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

so do you set the preferred charge for 00:00-04:00 and the departure time to 04:30? or just the departure time on its own?

i did speak to my sales guy about it, he was going to investigate but hasn't come back to me, so far i've not been impressed with LR either in pre-sales or post-sales so far Sad i called my local service department no answer, left a voicemail, over 24 hours before a call back (which i couldn't take at the time) no follow up call either.... my local Audi are in a different league for customer service!  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606281 Thu Nov 05 2020 10:16pm
Trapdoor

Are you using the latest app? There are two, both work but differently.

The new app, when you click the arrow in the ‘Total Range’ charge status box will take you to a pic of the car showing charge status, fuel state etc and at the bottom has a ‘button’ marked ‘Schedules’. This opens another page in the app that allows you to setup vehicle departures and in there you can programme preconditioning and charging times. This is in the Land Rover Remote app, version 2.4.0 ... you may be using the old version.

HTH.

Post #606282 Thu Nov 05 2020 10:17pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

okay so yeah i was using the old app, i didn't realise there were multiple versions! okay so i've set the schedules, i'll see what happens tomorrow!

interestingly on this "new" app i can't just fire up the climate on demand, it says the car is connected to a power source and i need to unplug it, on the old app i can just click a button to turn it on for 30 minutes.. is yours the same? its odd as i don't want to run the climate unless i'm plugged in as i don't want it sacrificing range in that scenario  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606284 Thu Nov 05 2020 10:41pm
Trapdoor

It’s two different ‘climate’ systems ... the preconditioning is the Webasto fuel heater (or it runs the ventilation to ‘cool’) whereas the ‘remote climate’ runs the ICE to either heat or cool (run the air con) the car.

It’s a bit confusing but the way I use the system is if I want to heat the car I use the Webasto as it’s more efficient ... I will use the little remote to start it. During the summer when I want to properly cool the car I will use the remote climate from the app.

I always use the preconditioning for morning departures as it decides heat or cool.

But this is why I have both apps at the moment ... although AIUI the original version will be retired fairly soon.

Post #606286 Thu Nov 05 2020 10:49pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

well they say everyday is a school day! i didn't even realise there was a fuel heater? i thought that was an optional extra?

doesn't the remote climate use either the battery or the mains connection? hence the "preserve range" feature, i haven't noticed the ICE running when its been err.. remote climate'ing Very Happy

hopefully they'll add the remote climate function to the new before they retire the old app!  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606289 Thu Nov 05 2020 11:09pm
Trapdoor

Well, I’m not sure in the PHEV ... everything implies it’s a fuel heater, and mine makes quite a noise outside of the car when it’s running ... a sort of roaring noise ... and I was under the impression the small remote was for the Webasto ... so I’m not totally sure.

Mine is an Autobiography which may be different from other variants? I need to have a look on TOPIx to see if it refers to anything.

Post #606290 Thu Nov 05 2020 11:16pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

The P400e is a wee bit different to the diesels.

In the car's software you can select to preserve range (battery) or fuel, so when you use the remote climate fob it either uses the battery or the petrol fuel burning heater.

In the App, you can chose to remote start the climate and that uses the ICE (night use electric but since I disabled batter for remote climate to protect range, I cannot be sure without experimentation).

If you do not have Autobiography you do not have remote climate as standard without which you do not have a fuel burning heater UNLESS you have a diesel in which case you have it BUT it cannot be used for remote climate without a) a software upgrade and b). the installation of a receiver and provision of a remote key fob. With the petrols including P400e you have to have specified remote climate at factory to have a fuel burning heater in the first place.

Personally, I think the key fob remote climate with fuel burning heater is AMAZING and highly recommended. As I do the 4 zone climate control, which is sophisticated and unobtrusive vs ordinary climate systems. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #606291 Thu Nov 05 2020 11:18pm
Trapdoor

Ah, that explains it some ... so how do you know actually which is in use?

If it’s plugged in, does it always use electric for heating?

Some of the settings do seem counter-intuitive and the in-car firmware does seem a bit buggy ... like going into the preconditioning setting screen always seems to just turn it off, and grey out the screen, needing you to touch the ‘on’ button to bring the schedule back. All a bit random. A bit like my DAB which sometimes takes a few minutes to ‘boot up’ if the car has been shut down for a short while. Hey ho, it IS a Land Rover!

Post #606293 Thu Nov 05 2020 11:25pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

mines a HSE Dynamic, looking at the specs the standard feature is called "Electric cabin pre-conditioning", there is a £1080 option called "Cabin pre-conditioning with remote control" (which i didn't spec), is that the fuel heater then?

Whilst i don't have a physical fob, i can activate the remote climate via the "old" app, i've got the car set to preserve range, the wording is: Preserve Range - Prevents Remote Climate consuming battery power when the vehicle is not plugged in - which i interpret as it will only then allow pre-conditioning (remote or scheduled) when its connected to a power source.

The new app says: "Cable Connected" You can only use engine climate when not connected to a power source. Please switch to electric climate.

i don't know how you "switch to electric climate" ? sounds like the LR app dev team needs a kick up the backside!  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606296 Fri Nov 06 2020 12:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>