RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Good service from Land Rover, Does it exists?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Smarttech

United Kingdom 
Good service from Land Rover, Does it exists?

My SVR was dropped off at the dealer on Thursday at 8am for a 3 rd year service and some warranty issues !

At 1pm it was pulled in to the workshop and it said bonnet open until 3.15 pm when it did 2.4 miles. So that's the part that I need to PAY a over inflated cost for done.

I was told they were very busy so I might not get it back till Friday ! This wasn't a problem so left it till Friday.

Friday late afternoon I ring about my car and get told someone will call me back. I hear nothing so go to the dealer to collect the car which hasn't moved or been touched since 3.30 on Thursday.

On arrival I'm told they are very sorry but they are still working on the car and also waiting for a part that's not going to be in till Saturday so can they keep it till Saturday? At which point I'm getting very annoyed as I already know it's not been touched as I know a few staff in the workshop !

11 am on Saturday I ring to get told they don't have anyone that can complete the work so can they keep the car till Monday.
I explain that I know it hasn't been touched in 2 days and that I want my car back or a loan car dropped off to me to which I am told, we don't have a car for you and yours hasn't been signed off so we don't know if it's safe to give back to you.

At this point I have lost my temper and told them I'm on my way over and my car or a loan car better be available for me to collect.
On arrival I'm told I can have my car but they will need it back to complete the warranty work and updates that they haven't done for the 2 days it's been sitting there waiting. I told them they will need to collect and return the car and I will be taking this further !

Funny how they do the work that's chargeable but all warranty work is just left not touched ! At this point I have the car back but refused to pay until everything they should of done is compleated !

For what they charge and the cost of their product I would expect a reasonable service but they just seem to think they can charge the earth and you should be lucky if you get your car fixed.
I think there service is a joke and have never had such bad experience with other brands. This could be my last Landrover product ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #601300 Sun Jul 05 2020 8:00am
RRT

United Kingdom 

Heading west I have had good experiences of the first dealer you get to along the M27 (I bought my Evoque from there and they looked after all my issues well), however I bought my RRS from the next dealer heading another 10 miles west on the M27 and can not say their service matches the exceptionally good looking new dealership.

Needless to say I am booked for my 3rd year service in the dealer which looked after my Evoque. I hope they are still good. MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #601301 Sun Jul 05 2020 8:12am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’ve always used Hatfields Pickering & Hull for services & warranty work & never hag a problem,work always done on time. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #601302 Sun Jul 05 2020 8:20am
CornishRob

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

I feel your pain, but I have found that you are very much in the hands of individual dealers.
As well as my RRS, I've had a a lot of BMW's and as I travel around, and have used quite a few BMW dealers. They have been a mixed bag. One in Birmingham (Solihul) was absolutely fabulous, but others were various shades of poor to borderline bCensored d's

And as someone once said to me, "You don't stop eating food, because of one bad restaurant." Laughing

Post #601356 Mon Jul 06 2020 11:24am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

The good news is that as it's out of the manufacturers warranty you can now find a reputable indi who won't pull your pants down and charge you the earth for the privilege.
One of these days, the main stealers are going to need owners who expect an honest service (lets see how deep the upcoming recession is going to be) and may even try and get those customers back.

Post #601359 Mon Jul 06 2020 12:57pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You don't have to use a main dealer just because the vehicle has a warranty - unless it's specifically work that the warranty is covering. Getting it serviced elsewhere will probably lead to fewer warranty claims anyway as the thing will be looked after better in the first place.

LR extended warranty (run by a third party) will pay a non-franchise garage to do the work. They'll be happier, probably, because the hourly rate won't be at princely ransom levels like the dealers. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #601362 Mon Jul 06 2020 3:31pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

We did try and tell you Whistle
Bunch of Censored , the lot of them Rolling Eyes Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #601367 Mon Jul 06 2020 4:36pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

If it’s any consolation, my sister in law brought me a LR umbrella for my birthday in June. It wasn’t delivered in time for the birthday and so she had it forwarded to me at home. It arrived today and it’s bent. Packaging was fine though. She’s not chuffed at all Whistle 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #601369 Mon Jul 06 2020 5:36pm
RRSTDV8

LR will tell you that it's not bent and that it's your fault for using it in the wrong sort of rain. Or something. Laughing 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #601384 Mon Jul 06 2020 10:45pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Name & shame them. I assume most dealers read these forums & the last thing they need in todays climate are bad reviews.

Post #601398 Tue Jul 07 2020 11:54am
andyslandy

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Tonga Green

Agreed Lindab, let the bad ones be named and shamed and fall by the wayside, but let the honest and caring get the praise they deserve. In other words sort the men from the boys.

Post #601399 Tue Jul 07 2020 1:30pm
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

Car went out in on the 2nd July and was serviced by about lunchtime, then is sat there waiting to have some warranty updates done till Friday evening when I turned up to collect it.

Sorry sir it's not finished yet can we keep it till lunchtime tomorrow? I agreed and then rang at midday on the Saturday to be told that they hadn't got anyone in that could do the updates as it was a Saturday and could they keep it till Monday?

I said yes, as long as you have a car I can have for the weekend or I want my car back ! To which I was told they didn't have any cars and didn't know if it was safe to take my car as it hadn't been signed off by the tech before he went home.

I then went to the dealer where I was told I could have my car back but they needed it back on Monday so I said they couldn't collect it due to messing me about for 3 days and having done nothing more than a 3 years service.

Monday came and went and car still sat at home. Wednesday I get a call which I thought was to tell me they were on the way to collect it.
This was to inform me they are hoping to collect it this Monday coming

The service and excuses are unbelievable and they try to make out like they are doing you a favour ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior

Post #601516 Fri Jul 10 2020 6:21am
RRT

United Kingdom 

Harwoods? MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #601525 Fri Jul 10 2020 8:43am
RRSTDV8

The dealers are LR's biggest issue by a long way. Sure, the cars have issues, which brands don't, but it's how they're dealt with that defines the ownership experience. Being messed around with work not done, as with the OP, or work being incorrectly done requiring multiple visits, gives the impression that the vehicles are unreliable - "they're always having to go in for something to be done".

When I moved from LR dealer to indie, my garage visits dropped markedly. This was the same vehicle, by the way, but if I needed something doing it got done on the agreed day and just needed to be done once. Ok, I had to take it once when they replaced a rear driveshaft oil seal and it still leaked, but it was done as soon as possible and with an apology from them for messing me about. No attempt to claim it was something else and therefore more money was required - that old trick, LR dealers?

Of course, when a vehicle is having work done under the manufacturer's warranty, you're stuck with using a dealer, but for servicing and other work you can go where you like. So vote with your feet and wallet. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #601527 Fri Jul 10 2020 8:53am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

RRT wrote:
Harwoods?
How did you guess that Lol 😂 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior

Post #601547 Fri Jul 10 2020 6:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>