RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Good service from Land Rover, Does it exists?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Smarttech

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Of course, when a vehicle is having work done under the manufacturer's warranty, you're stuck with using a dealer, but for servicing and other work you can go where you like. So vote with your feet and wallet.

The bit they can charge me for was done a few hours after dropping it off !
It's the warranty bit they can't charge me for that didn't get done over a period of 3 days it was sitting with them !

It's almost like it's not a money making job so push it to the back of the que and don't worry about the customer that is now very Censored off 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #601548 Fri Jul 10 2020 7:26pm
RRT

United Kingdom 

Smarttech wrote:
RRT wrote:
Harwoods?
How did you guess that Lol 😂

Experience of their Audi franchises....... MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #601555 Fri Jul 10 2020 9:51pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Smarttech wrote:

It's almost like it's not a money making job so push it to the back of the que and don't worry about the customer that is now very Censored off

That is exactly what they do. It's not surprising - charge several hundred quid for a few filters and some oil that takes an hour, or just get paid LR's rate for warranty work. They can do 6+ "services" a day - several hundred/thousand pound profit. Why spend a day doing fixed price warranty work for a few dozen quid profit? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #601558 Sat Jul 11 2020 1:26am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

RRT wrote:
Smarttech wrote:
RRT wrote:
Harwoods?
How did you guess that Lol 😂

Experience of their Audi franchises.......
so I guess that means the service they give is no better if you have a Audi then ?
Was looking at chopping in the svr for a RS6 but if the service is no better maybe I will stick with the RRS ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #601567 Sat Jul 11 2020 10:59am
RRT

United Kingdom 

I can comment on Audi Portsmouth and Southampton, both of which are Harwoods. Portsmouth delivered a "brand new car with 30 miles on the clock" so reckon it had been used for either a test drive or as staff overnight transport. They replaced the roof on it at 12 months old (A3 cabriolet) under warranty and trapped wires to the boot lid lights which failed and then cost us £650 (after a 30% discount for being a good customer!) to fix, we were caught by the fact it had failed the MOT on this, so we couldn't leave it to a proper auto-electrician at a fraction of the cost. Southampton Audi didnt want to know when we were looking to buy a 1 year old TT.

As for Testwood Bodyshop (Harwoods) in Totton, their standard of workmanship is crap - you could see the course lines from 80 grit sandpaper through the paint.

I bought my first LR (Evoque) from Portsmouth (Guy Salmon) LR and can generally praise their customer service. I bought my RRS from 10 miles west of there - Inchcape, had a great deal of problems resolving the silly issues you have with a S/H car, fabulous looking site but crap. I am due my 3 year service and first MOT next month and she is booked into Guy Salmon. MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #601568 Sat Jul 11 2020 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12