RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 18, 19 SVR owners, question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

SVR575

United Kingdom 

Good news Netsters, just goes to show you were right. Thumbs Up

Mine is early 18 which as Tim points out explains why it's still loud ballistically. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #592125 Fri Dec 20 2019 1:15pm
the_big_1

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up, had the car in today for other issues, had a big software update and noticed that as I left the dealer, i switched the exhaust on and could hear the note change, couldn't before the update

Post #592715 Fri Jan 03 2020 9:46pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #592750 Sat Jan 04 2020 1:44pm
Netsters

England 

the_big_1 wrote:
Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up, had the car in today for other issues, had a big software update and noticed that as I left the dealer, i switched the exhaust on and could hear the note change, couldn't before the update

Would be great if it was just a software update as means could have it sorted while I wait. Would make sense to be software as I noticed the valves are open on a cold start, which might point to a front panel software issue. Btw what other issues was you car in for?

A Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #592865 Sun Jan 05 2020 7:42pm
Jjvd21

United States 

The software update must open the valves at a lower RPM I don’t know what else could cause the sound to change. 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #592877 Sun Jan 05 2020 9:15pm
nil07

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

For the pops I have noticed they can also occur on conform or auto terrain mode.
Key is that you rapidly release accel - 2500-4000 revs
Very noticeable when going down hill and you touch and release accel ... as then glob of fuel enters system that isn’t used.
It’s the excess unused fuel that contributes massively to the pops Rolling with laughter N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #592884 Sun Jan 05 2020 11:52pm
Santy72

United Kingdom 
Re: 18, 19 SVR owners, question

Netsters wrote:
Definitely get it check as it may well be a fault with the active exhaust switch.

I have as similar situation. I've had my new SVR since May 2019 picking it up direct from factory, but was never sure if I was getting the full sound from the car, even thought the noise is plenty nice for a daily driver.

As well as that, I had the feeling that heated and cooled seats were not really working well either especially compared to my previous MY16 AB. I went to my local dealer in Battersea a few months ago to compare it to one they had in stock. Kinda got fobbed off with no real investigation, so it another dealer just yesterday, who happily put it on diagnostic who confirmed fault codes with both the active exhaust switch and the heated seats.

Was not going mad!

Just waiting for an opportune time to book it in to track exactly where the fault is and fix it.

@Netsters, thanks for this post. I'm CONVINCED i have the same problem. Some days my 2018 SVR sounds mega (almost as good as my previous 2017 pre face lift car) other days the sports button makes literally NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever!!! I've almost reached the point where I've considerd getting back into an AMG as the engine note is a big part of the appeal of an SVR for me.

What did error correction entail when the LR dealer did admit you had a problem? Was it a software rebuild or parts replacement?

Cheers

John

Post #594382 Wed Feb 05 2020 11:14am
Santy72

United Kingdom 

Other change is by replacing the GPF exhaust section with an X Pipe. Just not sure if this invalidates the LR Warranty?

I'm booking mine in for a software overhaul before making any decision as mine isn't as loud as my first 2018 MY car (this is my second) so it DEFINITELY has an issue, LR just reluctant to admit it...

Post #594388 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:22pm
the_big_1

Hi Guys,

One thing you can do, I am looking at it, is have the center silencer removed. Quoted £120 and is reversible. It's what other well known companies are charging £999 for.
You can not remove GPF's as they are measured by sensors etc. 2018 SVR

Post #594389 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:34pm
Santy72

United Kingdom 

Hi There

Could I ask where you're planning to have that done please as that sounds like a BARGAIN!! cheers

John

Post #594390 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:35pm
the_big_1

Sure, "Custom Chrome" in Nuneaton near me. The plan is that one side of the silencer is clamps on to the down pipes and other side are straight. Undo off clamps, cut say 100mm from silencer. Replicate with straight pipes and modify the silencer to have larger sleeve welded on to go back over the original pipes. 2018 SVR

Post #594391 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:49pm
Jjvd21

United States 

This may help visualize, I assume the blue is the resonator? And red is the particulate filter?

2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #594392 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:50pm
the_big_1

Nearly, red is centre silencer, blue is resonator.
Mine doesnt appear to have the resonator when I had a quick look but not had it on ramp yet 2018 SVR

Post #594394 Wed Feb 05 2020 2:03pm
Netsters

England 

Santy72 wrote:
Other change is by replacing the GPF exhaust section with an X Pipe. Just not sure if this invalidates the LR Warranty?

I'm booking mine in for a software overhaul before making any decision as mine isn't as loud as my first 2018 MY car (this is my second) so it DEFINITELY has an issue, LR just reluctant to admit it...

Just got my car back from the dealers today. it had the software update overhaul. I haven't had a chance to speak with the technicians yet to see exactly what they did, allow they did mention that they lubricated the values.

I do notice a slight change when pressing the active switch button, so the console is at least working, however when shining a torch down the exhaust pipe, it looks like the value is only slightly open, not fully open as I was expecting.

I am due to have a fuller chat with them this week to see if the back boxes need replacing altogether, but can I ask if anyone would be prepared to post a picture of their exhaust with the value open, so I can see what position a functioning valve should be in. txs Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #595471 Sun Feb 23 2020 9:08pm
the_big_1

Sure, happy too. When.would you like the pic? I mean car fully warmed up after a run, at idle, auto terrain mode, active exhaust on etc? 2018 SVR

Post #595481 Sun Feb 23 2020 11:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>