RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Tesla Style Screen 10.4 - Project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>

Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I have ownership, I have the original LHD scan, tidied up and flipped RHD cad files ready to print.

Post #592080 Thu Dec 19 2019 3:12pm
aaronjb

United Kingdom 

Aha, smart man Smile So .. how much will you be selling them for? Asking for a friend.. Mr. Green 2014 BMW 530d Touring, 2006 BMW 650i, 2018 Mini Cooper S

Post #592083 Thu Dec 19 2019 3:54pm
Gerd1986

I have popped a message to Martin in regards to selling through the forum as I don't want to step on any toes, once I get a response I will PM you the details Thumbs Up

Post #592084 Thu Dec 19 2019 4:21pm
C9LFS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Gerd1986 wrote:
Quick update.

The car has been in and out of the bodyshop for some time due to the stealers damaging the paintwork which needed to be fixed.

I recently had my seat bolster retrimmed as it had a rip in it and took the opportunity to get the the panels trimmed in matching leather from the seat covers I had replaced.

I feel it looks very slick now and looks almost standard.

I will hopefully have some time over Christmas to start focusing on the software, I now have an extensive to do list which I have found solutions for that I just need to impliment:

Backup firmware
    Add a range rover boot animation
    Change the car image to a black autobiography
    Install Google assistant for voice control
    Spelling issues
    Remove the top bar and replace with custom bar
    Stop Spotify being killed when going into system apps

Also I want to try and speed up the boot process, firstly through optimising the boot process and disabling some boot apps. Secondly I have also been. Told a supplier in the U.S. has an upgrade kit for 'fast boot' which I will look into.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
[/img]

Have to say that looks amazing! I did a similar swap in my e70 X5 for the android 10.25 but the issue I had was the sound quality as the system uses the aux same as this is there no way to get the android side to talk to the car I have logic 7 and am considering this also as love the car and this bring them right up to date

Post #593273 Mon Jan 13 2020 10:16pm
C9LFS

also interested in the digital dash from ffrr what sort of cost and modification is involved with Both these mods.
I did love the dash in the full size Range Rover but the wife wanted a sport.
I have a 61 plate 3.0sd autobiography

Post #593274 Mon Jan 13 2020 10:20pm
Gerd1986

C9LFS wrote:
Gerd1986 wrote:
Quick update.

The car has been in and out of the bodyshop for some time due to the stealers damaging the paintwork which needed to be fixed.

I recently had my seat bolster retrimmed as it had a rip in it and took the opportunity to get the the panels trimmed in matching leather from the seat covers I had replaced.

I feel it looks very slick now and looks almost standard.

I will hopefully have some time over Christmas to start focusing on the software, I now have an extensive to do list which I have found solutions for that I just need to impliment:

Backup firmware
    Add a range rover boot animation
    Change the car image to a black autobiography
    Install Google assistant for voice control
    Spelling issues
    Remove the top bar and replace with custom bar
    Stop Spotify being killed when going into system apps

Also I want to try and speed up the boot process, firstly through optimising the boot process and disabling some boot apps. Secondly I have also been. Told a supplier in the U.S. has an upgrade kit for 'fast boot' which I will look into.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
[/img]

Have to say that looks amazing! I did a similar swap in my e70 X5 for the android 10.25 but the issue I had was the sound quality as the system uses the aux same as this is there no way to get the android side to talk to the car I have logic 7 and am considering this also as love the car and this bring them right up to date

I might have a solution for that, will keep you posted in the next week Wink the part came today.

Post #593300 Tue Jan 14 2020 6:00pm
Gerd1986

C9LFS wrote:
also interested in the digital dash from ffrr what sort of cost and modification is involved with Both these mods.
I did love the dash in the full size Range Rover but the wife wanted a sport.
I have a 61 plate 3.0sd autobiography

The dash, buy a TFT instrument cluster, remove your analogue one. Read the chip in the analogue one, modify the file to work in the TFT one. Chop some plastic off the TFT and very very careful install. Use a gap tool to change the revs if it bothers you its at 7k. Lots of info over on the disco4 forum.

The screen, is plug and play apart from the panel which I had to get custom made and 3D printed, then covered in leather from some seat covers I had.

Post #593301 Tue Jan 14 2020 6:04pm
C9LFS

does the centre of the dash still display the same? the turn by turn nav and car settings etc.
is it easy to have the chip read? I assume that could be done with a GAP IID tool or is there a piece of software and lead required?
sorry to be a pain I had a look over at the disco 4 forum but there is lots of posts to wade through and often get side tracked lol

Post #593306 Tue Jan 14 2020 10:06pm
Gerd1986

"does the centre of the dash still display the same?
the turn by turn nav and car settings etc."

No, you lose turn by turn, all car settings are still there and when selecting different modes Sand. Snow etc you will see a picture of a FFRR.

"is it easy to have the chip read?
I assume that could be done with a GAP IID tool or is there a piece of software and lead required?"

You need a reader, its afew pounds online. Then you need to open up both units and read the eeprom chips. It's not complex, I couldnt figure out what to change but the contact on the Disco4 forum can do it for you, I can giveyou his details.

Post #593316 Wed Jan 15 2020 10:36am
C9LFS

many thanks for taking the time to reply, thats given me food for thought.

Post #593325 Wed Jan 15 2020 1:35pm
Poppy Ann

United Kingdom 

james5599 wrote:
This thread is worthless without phots.

can you do better? if not don't complain.

For me the photos supplied were great I am in the process of doing the same to my discovery 4 I ordered a radio from Banggood as normally i have not been charged the import duty on any item i have ordered along with no VAT also they have their own priority mail delivery which is mostly free.

many thanks for all the work you put into this project.

Post #594395 Wed Feb 05 2020 1:17pm
Gerd1986

On that note here is an update on the issues I was trying to solve:

Backup firmware - Still haven't been able to do this yet but know what I need to do.
    Add a range rover boot animation - Done, Range Rover Logo now fades in/out on launch
    Change the car image to a black autobiography - I have finally found this image location and will look to replace
    Spelling issues - Now changed to Connected rather than conneted
    Remove the top bar and replace with custom bar - I can now do this but I need to get my launcher in a good enough position to remove the top bar completely, work in progress
    Stop Spotify being killed when going into system apps - Done but it still mutes Spotify when you go into the original car info screen, when you come out the music comes back on. I have asked the tech community on this but no one can figure out why this happens. But only a very minor issue now

Overall I have had to get very involved in the code to make the changes I have needed, adding to white lists, unpacking .apk files and changing code and packaging them back up, rooting the unit to be able to do all of this. If anyone does want to attempt the same I'm happy to give some pointers, once all the software changes are made I will put up a video of everything working.

Post #594398 Wed Feb 05 2020 2:24pm
david007

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Vesuvius Orange

Poppy Ann wrote:
james5599 wrote:
This thread is worthless without phots.

can you do better? if not don't complain.

Now now, no need for that, seems like your the only one complaining. If you had just read a couple more posts you would have seen there was a problem uploading the photo's to the original post

Gerd1986 wrote:
I'm currently getting an error when uploading photos:

"Error retrieving album data"

When I figure it out you will get photos Thumbs Up

Post #594404 Wed Feb 05 2020 4:45pm
C9LFS

did you ever manage to get the sound to come through without plugging into the aux?
this was my main bug bear when I had the similar system in my X5 as the sound quality is extremely poor!
what sort of cost is the unit to buy?

sounds like your quite handy on a laptop lol.

Post #594421 Wed Feb 05 2020 10:37pm
Gerd1986

did you ever manage to get the sound to come through without plugging into the aux?

this was my main bug bear when I had the similar system in my X5 as the sound quality is extremely poor!

I didn't, I purchased a USB bluetooth adapter that should work with Android 4+ but it didn't, there is some crazy coding going on so I'm not surprised. I will try again at a later date.

This being said I realised that the volume had defaulted back to Maximum which caused distortion after I made some changes. I'm looking into this to see if I can hard code the default volume so that it never changes back. With the volume reduced it sounds fine, bass, clarity etc

what sort of cost is the unit to buy?

For the screen itself the cheapest I have seen on £579.13 on aliexpress, don't be fooled by other more expensive ones, they are all the same. As I said before you will want to have the Ram and memory upgraded to 2gb and 64gb otherwise I think anywould would get frustrated by the lack of performance.

Post #594492 Fri Feb 07 2020 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>