RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Alive agent or alive headquarters?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Smarttech

United Kingdom 

That's what I needed to hear before committing to having it done Thumbs Up 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #576310 Sun Mar 03 2019 9:44pm
215m3

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Is the default gear in ‘D’ wnd gear? Hence being slow when pulling out. I put mine in Sport and launch’s out of junction. I have no idea if it has been mapped.

How does the gearbox remap improve things? 2010 3.0 TDV6 RRS Overfinch GTS
1987 BMW E30 M3 2.4 Turbo
1990 BMW E34 M5 3.6 Trackcar

Post #576315 Sun Mar 03 2019 11:42pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Buckster wrote:
It helps to select Sport mode before a busy round about, but in my experience the map does sort it out Thumbs Up

Selecting Sport mode is my approach to busy junctions as well. I think that in standard drive, the car tends to select 2nd gear to start off in. Certainly seems to in the TDV8. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #576328 Mon Mar 04 2019 8:47am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Alive are based in Louth in Lincs. They did my SDV6 2012 prob near 3 years ago. I visited their HQ. It was an ECU out job and took between 3 and 4 hours including test drive after.

It totally transforms the car. Well worth it. Sorts out the roundabout roullette. So much more driveable. No reliability problems in 40k plus miles since. Running about 300 bhp now as opposed to 256 stock and this and the torque boost make it the car it always should have been.

In theory you get better mpg. I do notice this very occasionally if in cruise control on a long stretch. Got near mid 30s mpg on speed camera controlled section of the A9. However, if you exploit the performance then you can hit very low 20 or less Smile.

For a very quick getaway at a roundabout select 1st on paddles in D or S (by default as others say it takes second at a standstill) and go for it. In D it will shift up into 2nd etc, in S not so you must manually shift (or hold right paddle to go auto again) or it will bounce off the rev limiter. I prefer S if in a hurry and with dynamic selected for fast cross country, mostly as it holds on to gears longer and gives better power delivery, but also because engine braking and downshifting is much better than in D mode (think approaching a corner at speed and how you would downshift a manual).

Post #576329 Mon Mar 04 2019 8:49am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

So you have done 40k miles since having the map installed with no reliability issues, I'm sure I read on one of your other posts you had to replace both turbos, if that's correct what was the cause and was this on this car after having it mapped ?

I'm not looking for the power gain or trying to turn it in to a Sunday morning ripper, I just want to know that when I put my foot down it will go and not leave me in front of oncoming traffic while it wakes up and realises it's time to move. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior

Post #576330 Mon Mar 04 2019 9:12am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The turbo issues were unconnected to the remap is the short answer, as many others who have had the same issue but not the remap would attest to. Similarly, an inlet manifold change is very common due to a crap original design and material spec. Nothing to do with the remap.

Both nothing to do with the remap at all. Search the site for either faults. The common concern on a remap is typically additional stresses on key engine components, and the gearbox and driveline. When I said no issues that is what I referred to, and the manifold/turbo point I cover above.

The remap will sort your hesitancy issue. And the power boost is there if you need it although if you don't use it I understand some notice a mild mpg increase.

Why don't you give them a call or pop them an email direct ? I did and they were very helpful, no pressure or sales pitch just honest advice.

Hope that helps.

Post #576346 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:46pm
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I've now decided I'm going to have it done at Alive headquarters but need to work out when I can get up to them as I'm down by Gatwick so not very local.
Think I might try and make a few days away out of going up there so need to work out when I can be off and they can fit it in. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior

Post #576366 Mon Mar 04 2019 4:50pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

If you only do 5k a year why not get a S/C, unlikely to get snapped crank and no chance of blown turbos Very Happy no need to mess about with paddle shift to get it moving and certainly no hesitation. Twisted Evil

Cheers
Col

Post #576384 Mon Mar 04 2019 8:40pm
Grizzly

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Smarttech wrote:
I've now decided I'm going to have it done at Alive headquarters but need to work out when I can get up to them as I'm down by Gatwick so not very local.
Think I might try and make a few days away out of going up there so need to work out when I can be off and they can fit it in.

Before planning anything I would get in touch with Gary at Alive, he is the owner and main man. If you have some rough dates and he can guarantee to fit you in etc. He has a great reputation for well over a decade when it comes to anything with a green oval and diesel. The D2 forum I was on flocked around him in the original TD5 Alive days when he first got started

He is an all round nice guy too, which helps

Post #576390 Mon Mar 04 2019 9:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

Col wrote:
If you only do 5k a year why not get a S/C, unlikely to get snapped crank and no chance of blown turbos Very Happy no need to mess about with paddle shift to get it moving and certainly no hesitation. Twisted Evil

Cheers
Col
I have no other issues with my car other than the hesitation pulling away from junctions and it took a long time to find the right spec and colour combo with the condition and low mileage my car has.

Plus if I wanted a car with 500+bhp as my everyday sensible car I would be in a Audi RS6 and not a Range Rover. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior

Post #576400 Mon Mar 04 2019 10:43pm
Graham Ives

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'm lucky and live in louth and thinking of having mine done turbos changed last month plus other bits and bobs plenty of B&Bs in and around louth mate Rrs sport 2012 Orkney grey

Post #576725 Sat Mar 09 2019 8:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12