RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2018 RRS Autobiography ordered...............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

taken from RRSMan (Velarmans) Profile
2017 Range Rover Velar First Edition - Corris Grey. Delivered 28/07/2017 (going soon as its Censored ) Laughing Laughing

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #539310 Thu Oct 26 2017 1:51pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

pmsl.... Rolling with laughter SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #539311 Thu Oct 26 2017 1:51pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

RRSman wrote:
Oye he aint the man I am - RRSman (Velarman) Mr. Green Mr. Green

I stand corrected, apologies RRSman

PS how's your Censored Velar??

Post #539312 Thu Oct 26 2017 1:54pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The Velar is not selling well in the UK? That's interesting. We've only had them here in the US for about 6 weeks or so. I've only seen 3 in my neighborhood which has an abundance of luxury vehicles. Range Rovers are a dime a dozen in my city.

I picked up a First Edition Velar in Corris Grey. I was originally set on a 2018 SVR but I don't think it will fit in my garage so impulsively drove to a dealer in my old 2010 Sport and drove home with the Velar. Anyway, you're correct about the Velar having an image/perception problem and it's cost (nicely equipped) being hard to accept for people. And people are hung up on the "sits between evoque and sport" positioning. It's clearly much closer to the sport than the Evoque.

Mine came to $91k (US) and a 2018 Sport with the R-Dynamic and P380 engine, and every single option that my Velar has is $96k. The Sport is a little higher, 2 inches wider, more room in the back seat and cargo area, and is a bit better off road which I never take advantage of. The Velar is only 5.3 seconds to 60 compared to 6.8 in the Sport due to the lower weight. And being more "car like" it has that great handling and being quicker has some fun factor. The pricing actually makes sense when you compare them closely. However, the Sport can offer more value if you opt for a V8 supercharged and pay the difference. But people will still be hung up on the prestige value of where they are in the lineup. Personally I don't care.

My honest opinion -- the Velar is a fantastic vehicle -- beautiful design, fun to drive, and is fine for me and my small family, and small garage! But I'll be honest and say that I miss the torque and power delivery of a V8 engine, and I prefer to be riding up the 4 or 5 inches higher that the Sport gives you. More of a commanding view rather than sitting low inside a compressed greenhouse.

I leased my Velar for 2 years and will get the next generation Sport in 2021 or whenever it comes out. I really think it's going to be fantastic and a huge styling upgrade over the L494 which is very nice, but showing it's age a little.

Tim in Scotland wrote:
When did you last see a Velar on the roads of the UK? That is its biggest problem - it isn’t selling............... too expensive for a car supposed to the be between Evoque and RRS but priced with RRS prices....... they should just have called it the RRS Coupe or Fastback and people might have accepted the premium pricing. It’s size isn’t exactly mid way between the two either. I suspect that Velar is turning into LR’s F Type, folks say oooh ahhhh it looks lovely but nobody wants one because they are too expensive and Dealers will end up selling them like F Types, with 5 miles on the odo and thousands of pounds knocked off the price (you can even order a pre-used F Type from the factory now!). Things are not going to get any easier for JLR either as people retrench their savings in preparation for the disaster that any form of Brexit will bring to the economy of the UK and already we see one of the biggest JLR dealership groups in financial problems...........
 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #539358 Thu Oct 26 2017 5:01pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I think I've seen two on the road. 

Post #539360 Thu Oct 26 2017 5:15pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
taken from RRSMan (Velarmans) Profile
2017 Range Rover Velar First Edition - Corris Grey. Delivered 28/07/2017 (going soon as its Censored ) Laughing Laughing

Andy

Not quite Andy...you are like an impatient child...will be updated soon Mr. Green

Post #539380 Thu Oct 26 2017 7:27pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Just saw this in facebook and found it amusing! Seems like JLR are confused about where they pitched the Velar!?

Post #539393 Thu Oct 26 2017 8:58pm
AHSFCA

RRSman wrote:
Glad I can make you laugh so much although not sure what you find so funny? The Velar is a more nimble and agile car and if it gets the same engine it will most certainly be quicker than the RRS SVR. The D300 is already 0.3 seconds quicker to 60 than an equivalent RRS.

The P380 in the Velar makes it to 60 a whole 1.5 seconds faster than the Sport with the P380. Not trivial. And the Autobiography Sport with the V8 and 518hp only beats the P380 Velar by 0.3 seconds. Weight is such a factor. LR could make the Velar SVR faster than the Sport SVR but I bet they will hold it back. There would be so much complaining. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Last edited by AHSFCA on Sat Oct 28 2017 3:40pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #539540 Sat Oct 28 2017 3:35pm
AHSFCA

(deleting duplicate post) 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #539541 Sat Oct 28 2017 3:35pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

update from the dealer today - car is expected with them around the 29th December, should be good for an early January pick up (all going well and presuming no delays etc)

excited now!!!!!

Post #540821 Tue Nov 14 2017 3:26pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Car was 'called over' yesterday so will be with the dealer early next week, maybe a Friday pick up?

Post #544884 Fri Jan 05 2018 3:44pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

andrewhargreaves wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Glad I can make you laugh so much although not sure what you find so funny? The Velar is a more nimble and agile car and if it gets the same engine it will most certainly be quicker than the RRS SVR. The D300 is already 0.3 seconds quicker to 60 than an equivalent RRS.

The P380 in the Velar makes it to 60 a whole 1.5 seconds faster than the Sport with the P380. Not trivial. And the Autobiography Sport with the V8 and 518hp only beats the P380 Velar by 0.3 seconds. Weight is such a factor. LR could make the Velar SVR faster than the Sport SVR but I bet they will hold it back. There would be so much complaining.

It's an Estate car so lighter than a Range Rover! Wink SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #544893 Fri Jan 05 2018 5:01pm
AHSFCA

You're right. It is estate like and feels light and nimble. To me this is their first "road rover". It's a great, comfortable daily driver. That being said, I ordered a 2018 Sport SVR! I prefer the higher driving position of the Sport and I love the power delivery and sound of a V8. Looking forward to getting it around May/June.

BTW, the Velar has these letters on the front and back. R A N G E R O V E R. Very Happy 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #544911 Fri Jan 05 2018 7:12pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

I still laugh that the thread about my new sport coming has continued to follow the velar bashing topic.

I'll have to start a new one when it comes

Post #544915 Fri Jan 05 2018 7:25pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

andrewhargreaves wrote:
You're right. It is estate like and feels light and nimble. To me this is their first "road rover". It's a great, comfortable daily driver. That being said, I ordered a 2018 Sport SVR! I prefer the higher driving position of the Sport and I love the power delivery and sound of a V8. Looking forward to getting it around May/June.

BTW, the Velar has these letters on the front and back. R A N G E R O V E R. Very Happy

What on a Jaguar? Big Cry Laughing SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #544917 Fri Jan 05 2018 7:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234