RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > “Real” videos now popping up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jonathana13

United Kingdom 
“Real” videos now popping up

Just spotted a new video up on YouTube, actually a car in the showroom rather than a recut of the LR promo.

https://youtu.be/_EvpDad0DuQ

Not the best quality but seams to be the first one. My dealer has the showroom model in but under a cover and apparently under embargo until Jan 28th.

Not sure I like the new key, the RR branding on the key was always a nice touch.

Click image to enlarge

Post #544426 Sun Dec 31 2017 7:36am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Saw an AB 2018 in Matford Exeter last week. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #544430 Sun Dec 31 2017 9:11am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rear centre headrestraint almost totally obliterates the rear view though which isn’t very good design. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544431 Sun Dec 31 2017 9:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Good spot, thanks for posting this. Getting close to my expected date and always good to see a 'real' video.

The video also highlights the crap brake calipers as per our moans on another thread. 😢💩

Post #544473 Sun Dec 31 2017 7:46pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

No problem, when is your expected collection date? When the dealer mentioned the 28th January embargo said customer orders wouldn't be going out until after then too.

As I have just placed my order for a SDV6 AB trying to ignore the brakes!!

Still not sure about the key!

Post #544479 Sun Dec 31 2017 8:25pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

On the plus side they seam to of added some more premium touches to some of the finer details, window switches for example.

Also not sure if it's a new feature but closing vehicle warnings on the passenger / rear doors are a nice touch.

Post #544480 Sun Dec 31 2017 8:34pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

My salesman said the 2nd week of January/around the 12th when the car will arrive. I asked him about any delays/embargoes etc but he said he didn't know anything about that. (See what happens)

When are you expecting yours?

To be honest the only negative about the new car is the reduction in brake disc size and crappy calipers. Imo EVERYTHING else about the new model is nicer. I did notice those window switches and they look very nice 👍

Post #544483 Sun Dec 31 2017 9:23pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Strange, they didn't have anything official and as its just sat in the showroom with a blanket over it there is nothing stopping you from having a peak Wink

Hopefully they will be completing handovers in the next few weeks as shouldn't be long after that when they get the demos in so I test these "new" brakes...

Not got a date on mine yet ordered on Sunday, have heard March thrown about quite a bit but could end up been later..

Agreed, had I not spotted the brakes would of been incredibly excited, I still am rather excited but I do have concerns that it will be noticeable. I am looking at routes to upgrade, have sent an email to SVO imagine it wouldn't be a big enough job for them, so next step is to try get someone with access to the MY18 parts catalogue to confirm that the hubs are the same in which case may be a simple swap unless there is anything different with the software.

Did you go for a CD player? I have as it's free (can't remember the last time I used a CD though!) seamed to take up more of the glove box than I expected.

Post #544487 Sun Dec 31 2017 9:56pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting into the MY18 ASAP really.

Brake wise I'm sure the standard set up will be fine for everyday use, I've spent enough money on cars this year so the brake upgrade option won't be happening for me (just now haha)

Yes I'm going for rear seat entertainment so thankfully my salesman was on the product knowledge ball and added the cd/DVD player to the build for me. My kids love playing their dvds in the car when we go on a journey. Not being standard could catch a few folk out I think. The player takes up space in the 2nd glovebox which is why it's not standard anymore

Post #544490 Sun Dec 31 2017 11:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1