RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > End of the dream or was it a nightmare?
Would you accept delivery or walk away?
Accept it and cross your fingers
26%
 26%  [11]
Run like hell and buy another brand
73%
 73%  [30]
Total Votes: 41

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

muddywheels wrote:
The last RRS still had warranty and no problems but I was selling the caravan, buying another house and increasing my mileage so the DS seemed a good choice Sad

:

I did 28k miles last year and running the RRS was still cheaper than replacing it with something newer...selling them young and buying them new is a mug's game with depreciation hits. Only the dealers win. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #482432 Mon Dec 14 2015 7:34pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I agree Big Cry

My first RRS was supposed to be long term vehicle but dealer dropping it off ramp Censored that plan Evil or Very Mad

My last RRS was bought with same idea but I took 0% deal over 2 years and balloon was due at same time swmbo decided she'd found house of her dreams after 20 years in our family home and it was new house or balloon Embarassed

DS is supposed to be long term too then become swmbo vehicle when I buy something for me after I sell a couple of properties I'm finishing Wink Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #482435 Mon Dec 14 2015 8:01pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

So how did the conversation go with the dealer today Paul? Is it a thumbs up, or a thumbs down?

Post #482436 Mon Dec 14 2015 8:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Still waiting to find out if LR will confirm the work needed that delayed delivery Confused

If I order another it will be March now and being told price will increase as discount has been reduced since I ordered Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482443 Mon Dec 14 2015 9:11pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

What do you really want to do? JLR are obviously hiding something they don't want to be released to the public. Shocked

Post #482449 Mon Dec 14 2015 9:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

If you get some complementary tickets if and when you get your new DS. Don't forget who your friends are Wink It would be good to try out the new purpose built North Yorkshire Off Road Experience Centre. Thumbs Up

http://www.daleswayyorkshire.com/index.php/newsletter-new

Post #482460 Mon Dec 14 2015 10:36pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Laughing Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482464 Mon Dec 14 2015 11:05pm
TST717

Scotland 

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Muddy - definitely time for you to leave the brand. Life's to short and I think you're marriage with alR has run its course and I'm not sure you'll be happy.

Hat said BKHK raises a good point, why not negotiate a string deal on the Loaner you have?

Failing that, get on the phone to Audi and get a test drive in an SQ5. That will put a smile on your face. Similar sized to to DS. Circa 5 seconds 0-60. Unquestionable build quality......you know you want to. Thumbs Up

I would cancel and go elsewhere....

My experience with JLR local guys in Inverness was always good , great service in fact , they couldn't do enough for me ...so hats off to them..

But there were frequent issues and one in particular with the headlights which blew after switching on Ang off in quite quick succession was the start of the doubts, there were more minor issues with suspension , but to cut a long story short , trouble with cars ALWAYS signifies a parting of the ways for me ....so....

It was back to my original plan to have a Cayenne ( since driving them all on a Porsche weekend in Leipzig a few years ago got me realising how good an all rounder they are )

I loved my RRS1 and still love to see them and the latest which is even better looking ,on the road and they get me thinking about running another in addition to my Cayenne ( madness)

But since moving on , I haven't had a moments doubt that it was the right thing to do at the right time ...

Muddy, Appears to me that this time has arrived for you ....

It's obviously your choice though...good luck whichever way you go..

TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #482479 Tue Dec 15 2015 8:25am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

now we know your love of JLR has been for a good few years, but you also say the brand is failing in reliability and customer service

I know you like buying british, which these days is quite hard, but I can honestly said the brand is doing you no favours at all, falling off ramps, wrong interior, low trade in's and so on

I feel if you part with your cash now, you will never be happy with that car and you will take a hit on trade in soon after....... walk away from this one...... drop £500 off at you local banger garage and get a run a round to tide you over till either a new one is built or you find another brand.

The thing is if yours has been delayed due to a inherent DS issue effect lots of others, a replacement will have whatever workaround JLR have come up with, if this is with a particular 'option' then you need to find out, and decide if that option is worth the hassle

Post #482519 Tue Dec 15 2015 5:23pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Totally agree with you Nick.

But the rear end has definitely improved... Maybe really order one of these Muddy. Laughing
New design Dynamic HSE Lux Thumbs Up
I quite like it myself. Smile

Post #482521 Tue Dec 15 2015 6:29pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Ukcarbroker who did me the deal have been very helpful and pushed for me getting the loan car when LR failed to deliver in September. They are offering me refund of my deposit for the DS and a Q5 from stock with big discount and cheaper than the DS so credit where it's due Bow down

Apparently LR are tightening up on discounts so if I order a replacement I will be without wheels until March/April and pay another £1k over my June figures so this is a non starter Rolling Eyes

I really like the DS and expect strong values for some time due to popularity - I'm not keen on the Q5 and it is being replaced next year which will hit residuals Embarassed

I'm being told the DS problems have been sorted by factory therefore my worries are unfounded. I have finance/consumer protection and warranty so could take the DS and reject if not right then ask for replacement meanwhile I get to use it or a courtesy vehicle and avoid price rise on replacement Confused

Dealers gone quiet again so gives me time to think Exclamation Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482527 Tue Dec 15 2015 8:08pm
Farmer Chalk

HSE Lux hmmm hmmmm! Looks great!

Post #482533 Tue Dec 15 2015 9:20pm
BKHK

Australia 

I agree, that looks great, better than the RRS. But the DS needs a decent size engine, 2.0 is puny.

Post #482542 Tue Dec 15 2015 10:40pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Bigger pic here...

Post #482544 Tue Dec 15 2015 11:01pm
BKHK

Australia 

Keep the loaner Muddy and order a DS HSE Lux, decision made, there you go Thumbs Up

Post #482633 Wed Dec 16 2015 10:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>