RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > End of the dream or was it a nightmare?
Would you accept delivery or walk away?
Accept it and cross your fingers
26%
 26%  [11]
Run like hell and buy another brand
73%
 73%  [30]
Total Votes: 41

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
End of the dream or was it a nightmare?

As many are aware I've been patiently waiting since June for my DS Confused

Yesterday I received a letter advising me my service plan has started and my finance despite still waiting for delivery Shocked

I also received a letter with general information concerning delayed vehicles at factory not the detailed explanation concerning my 3 month wait for factory issues with my vehicle Rolling Eyes

So I asked my dealers what's going on to be told LR won't be more specific and I must accept delivery now or they will collect their courtesy car Surprised

So it appear I either play Russian roulette with a vehicle that is full of teething problems when it's delivered on time never mind spent 3 months being corrected at factory or I find a replacement from another brand quick before I'm reduced to walking Crying or Very sad

Unbelievably I've been a customer for 15 years and 9 JLR vehicles but after experiencing rising number of problems in last 5 years I think it's probably time to find another hobby Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #482233 Sat Dec 12 2015 11:37am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

I'd tell them to stuff it. Go and find a nice, nearly new L494 instead... Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #482235 Sat Dec 12 2015 11:58am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Unfortunately if I have to walk away due to LR attitude to customer service I will not buy another JLR product Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482236 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:00pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

I can imagine how you feel; I've wanted to leave LR before. I'd nearly had it with LR "reliablity" with my first D3. The clutch was now going and I wanted to jump ship to another brand, but where? There was no alternative, so I turned to the FL2. I spoke to John Ottons when the D3 was having it's brake recall done and he said that the FL2 was a good 'un, so I went for it. I didn't regret it, it was everything I expected, but look where I am now; I'm back in the D3 fold (with a more willing attitude towards heavy maintainence!) because, for me, there's just no substitute to the car(s) you really get on with.

If you're fed up with LR, why not get a used one, and then you needn't have anything to do with them? Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #482237 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:14pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I've had my share of ups and downs with JLR and been tempted to buy another brand before but each time I couldn't bring myself to do it but I'm being pushed this time Embarassed

I always buy new or nearly new and people keep banging on about German reliability but they lack something to me but I'm going to have to open my mind to the possibility this time - It would be nice to visit a dealer for services and nothing else Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482238 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:21pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Whatever people say, they all have their problems. With tighter and tigher emmisions regulations forced on manufacturers and an obsession with "tech" and so-called effieciency, unreliability and short life is the way cars are going. Sad Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #482240 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The reality is that LR won't miss you - they can sell these things quicker than they can build them after all.

Other than liking the way LR design their products, what would you miss if you went to BMW or Ford, for example? You don't take your current vehicles off road or, if I remember correctly, tow a tint tent anymore. Any SUV on the market will get you around on the tarmac we laughingly call roads these days.

Your sanity may be preserved if you go elsewhere and you can, if elsewhere is too horrid for you after all, come back to the brand in a year or two.

Me? I'd buy a good late L322 FFRR and a decent warranty. You get to keep the LR identity (and heartbreak when it goes wrong!) but LR don't get to have any of your money! Winner! Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #482242 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:51pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

My opinion: Walk away. Life's too short to be constantly worrying/thinking about a car half the time you're awake. If the DS/LR doesn't treat you well you will be kicking yourself. If the other marque does the same at least you can tell yourself you tried. You can always come back later. It's only a car, not a house. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #482243 Sat Dec 12 2015 12:55pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I would walk away!!! I traded mine in 3 months ago for a brand new x5, granted its not a rr but I look in on this forum everyday and I see all the problems that go with this brand also your problems with the discovery. I have to say its the best decision I've made, I could have had a rrs or a porsche but I went with x5, the dealer is 10 mins away, we were treated fantastic, had regular updates on the vehicle even a video when the car arrived at the dealers. On delivery there were, bows, flowers an umbrella and a very good discount. Definately walk away enjoy your Christmas knowing you haven't got a lemon sitting on your driveway.

Post #482244 Sat Dec 12 2015 1:07pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I like the design of LRs, the heritage plus built in Britain is a big thing for me Embarassed

Agree LR won't miss me a bit with all the vehicles they're selling now

Swmbo still wants the DS and hates anything else I suggest so I'm between a rock and hard place again

I really like the DS too but I'm Censored off with LR customer service and dealers arrogance/incompetence Evil or Very Mad

I've just moved in an old house too and each day brings new problems so I don't need any more Censored to deal with Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #482245 Sat Dec 12 2015 1:09pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I think the poll results speak for them self Muddy. However, it is easy for us to make a decision for someone else. Smile We aren't getting the ear ache that you are getting from swmbo. ... You can't cling on to the brand for the reasons you have given Imo, when you are spending DS money. Before dismissing other brands, draw up a short list and then visit that dealer. You might be pleasantly surprised. Shocked To be fair to the dealer you are getting your DS, I think they have done as much as they can do whilst your car has been delayed and to get the use of a free DS at their expense it pretty dam good Imo. You know the JLR brand well enough to know, that the chances are you are not going to be 100% satisfied with this vehicle unless you find out the truth behind the real delay. With that in mind, you are going to have that little man in the back of your head pecking away.... Wondering what it was. Personally I would cancal the car. I don't think it has helped with you reading all the other unhappy owners comments over on the DS forum. It has probably already given you a negative judgement on your new DS. You say you will be without transport if you hand it back. Go out and buy a cheap runaround for now, or take a short term lease with the money you would have been paying out on the DS till you sort out a replacement. Thumbs Up
Good luck on whatever you decide. Bow down

Post #482257 Sat Dec 12 2015 4:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
URX

Scotland 

Its to avoid treatment like this that im bailing on jlr
Expect a bunch of rrs 2012 related oddments in for sale shortly Whistle

Post #482271 Sat Dec 12 2015 8:21pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

For the price of one DS and have next to no wait you could have a couple shiney new Dacia Dusters sat on your drive. OK so they can't hold a candle to a DS for image but judging by the number you see around they cannot be all that bad either. The 4WD version of the Skoda Yeti is as bid as a Freelander2 amnd half the price too and apart from a small incident with flogged emissions numbers they seem to be well built and also very popular 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #482282 Sat Dec 12 2015 10:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Shocked Dacia Duster... Really Question I think the name is enough to put off potential customers Laughing

If i hadn't followed in Bc's footsteps, then i think i would have gone for one of these.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...;logcode=p

Post #482286 Sat Dec 12 2015 11:52pm
BKHK

Australia 

You are buying a car, not a new wife!

A car comes with a warranty. If it goes wrong, you will get a loaner. You have had a fee car for 6 months, amazing really. No car you buy will be perfect. You like the image of JLR and you want to buy British. To me, it points to 3 courses of action.

1) if you are happy with it, buy the loaner you have now and save some money or

2) Accept that LR won't tell you all the detail about your car (the dealer may not even know), take it, enjoy it, use it and dump it before the warranty expires

3)Buy a cheap used Ewok, it's almost the same as a DS really and is actually better looking at the back (IMO)

The U.K. already has a new Princess, they don't need another one Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #482287 Sun Dec 13 2015 12:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>