RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Help Stuck in France
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Update Friday 10th July 2 weeks since car broke down. LR Dealer in La Rochelle says the 2nd key which we had couriered over from the UK is not the correct one for the car. Find this hard to believe as the car was purchased from Hunters of Guildford with both keys although I never used the 2nd one. Dealer saying that he has to order another key from LR UK. When asked why he could not use a key from his parts department he said that UK and French keys work on a different frequency!!!! We then told them that Hunters our local UK dealer had said there is no reason why he needs two keys and could just re-programme one and get the other one done back in the UK. La Rochelle dealer disputing this.

Have since tracked the proper description of what they called the 'Electrical Computer' Part no: LR032733 to find out it is the passenger side fuse box. (Question: why should that cause the whole car to lock down and why is a fuse box €519? and secondly why does it now require a new part to make it backwardly compatible with the new fuse box part?

So frustrated that I have called LR Customer Service UK to escalate it to them to find out what is really happening. If I was having to pay for 2 weeks extra hotel accommodation rather than staying with friends I would be freaking out. Just moved our ferry trip back to ensure we have a car to go back in - famous last words.

We did not repatriate the car originally due to the complication of actually getting the car on the car transporter let alone getting it back to the UK.

Post #467151 Fri Jul 10 2015 2:29pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

The Central Junction Box (CJB) includes the Body Control Module (BCM) - an ECU that controls various things on the car (central locking, windows, lighting etc.). It's an important part of the CANBUS system so has to comunicate with other ECUs around the car and it stores a copy of the CCF (Car Configuration File) - I think, in this case, it may be the master copy in fact. All this adds up to the potential for major issues to arise and an expensive module. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #467156 Fri Jul 10 2015 3:14pm
nigel52

This makes a huge amount of sense thanks. Actually after telling the dealer that in fact he can programme one key only they did this and I have picked up the car. They say the 2nd key that I had sent over from the UK has a problem and is corrupting the system. (This was the 2nd key I received when I purchased the car but had never tried it)

It seems that when one replaces item no: LR032733 there is a Technical Service Bulletin No: LTB00492v4 one has to change item LR059765 as LR have updated the part and needs a new interface. It seems that this part of the bill I reclaim of LR UK.

Now need to see about getting a 2nd key and getting it re-programmed.

Post #467165 Fri Jul 10 2015 4:49pm
nigel52

I wonder if this new module is anything to do with LR's new keyless security fix? Despite all my problems I love driving this car but will test drive other Marques again to compare. Interesting that LR customer service never came back to me despite promising me updates.

If only LR treated their customers like Mercedes and offered the lifetime breakdown cover provided one serviced vehicle with main dealer ones confidence and satisfaction would hugely increase.

Pete of LR. Perhaps a comment here.

Post #467549 Wed Jul 15 2015 8:09am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

nigel52 wrote:
This makes a huge amount of sense thanks. Actually after telling the dealer that in fact he can programme one key only they did this and I have picked up the car. They say the 2nd key that I had sent over from the UK has a problem and is corrupting the system. (This was the 2nd key I received when I purchased the car but had never tried it)

It seems that when one replaces item no: LR032733 there is a Technical Service Bulletin No: LTB00492v4 one has to change item LR059765 as LR have updated the part and needs a new interface. It seems that this part of the bill I reclaim of LR UK.

Now need to see about getting a 2nd key and getting it re-programmed.
Main Agents do not offer this info, They want you to pay, then make a claim against LR. LR will say they have not got a system in place to make refunds. But will offer a credit note. Its the same as when my Fuel Guage showed empty and warnings on dash said zero miles to empty. when i had filled tank. Stratstones wanted £300 to fix problem. When i spoke to an indie he said that he had heard that LR had put out a modification for this fault. It consists of changeing wiring from sender paid for by LR. itisme

Post #467552 Wed Jul 15 2015 8:40am
nigel52

Really thought my problems of breaking down in France had come to an end but oh no LR continue to shoot themselves in the foot and have broken my car again.

So after 2 weeks dealer had fixed my car and said my second key was kaput and they needed to order a 2nd key from the UK and they would programme it. I have queried why the 2 week delay on the original fix and LR UK Customer Service admit it was mainly their fault due to changes of components and compatibility issues. After much frustration I was already to give up on owning a RRS and switch back to Merc. Readers of this forum have all said you will regret this and to stay the course.

I had determined that was what I would do as I love driving my RRS. I had taken out extra European breakdown cover and was feeling very confident in staying with the Marque. Today I was booked in to pick up the new second key and have it programmed. Three/fours later sitting around they declare that their diagnostic computers are not working properly and they had tried three separate diagnostic computers and none would programme the key. They then tried a 4th computer and they have now frozen all the electrics on the car and nothing works. When we heavily questioned them on this they admitted they are constantly having trouble with LR electrics and diagnostic equipment. They then said that LR UK have now told them they are going to have to re-order the original failed part again and start again from scratch. As we have a funeral to attend next week and must drive back to the UK with two pets we said we need a courtesy car. They have given us a Ford Kuga badged with LR La Rochelle on the side (Interesting that they have more faith in Ford than LR cars) we only have it till Monday and we are not allowed to drive it outside of the Department (County) so cannot use it to go back to the UK.

We have now asked to speak to the Dealer GM on three separate occasions and each time they say he is not available.

Whilst we were sitting in their reception three different English families phoned in with problems and because it is now summer holidays for they were unable to help any of these. (I do not know whether these were Jaguar or LR vehicles.) In the workshop were four broken down UK registered Range Rovers, one of which to be fair had been in an accident.

Really, really feeling that LR may have the nicest cars to drive but don't travel too far with them because they do break down more than other vehicles and they cannot fix them,.

LR UK Customer Service have escalated our position to LR Customer Service in France but I am not holding my breathe. I bet they do not offer to compensate for all the issues we have had with them.

Post #468263 Wed Jul 22 2015 5:22pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Can you get it repatriated to UK under breakdown cover and let someone competent sort it i.e. Rovertune in Reading ? Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #468280 Wed Jul 22 2015 9:17pm
nigel52

I have a feeling that it is causing so much embarrassment for LR UK & LR FRANCE that they would not let me have it back until resolved. After it became obvious they were flailing I wanted to leave with it still working all be it with one key only and do exactly as you say. Sadly they insisted on one more go and screwed the whole car up.

Owners of MY 10/11 beware of this issue which is known to LR

my sense now is even if I threw more money and went for a 2012 SDV6 I could be back in France next year with another problem they cannot fix. At least I now have ADAC a German breakdown cover I feel confident in.

Post #468284 Wed Jul 22 2015 9:42pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I would have ignored them and come home with one key. I hope it gets sorted..... Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.

Post #468286 Wed Jul 22 2015 9:49pm
nigel52

Friday 24th 16.45 LR La Rochelle just phoned to say I can pick my car up but neither they or LR UK can programme a 2nd key for me with the new electrical module they have fitted. I am speechless as I am in exactly the same position I was 2 weeks ago despite both them and LR UK saying I must get a 2nd key programmed.

Anyone with a MY10/11 model be aware that changes LR may do to your car electrics screws up the use of a 2nd key.

I guess unless LR Customer Service can give me a full breakdown on this sorry saga and reimburse my costs and huge disruption to my holiday it will have to be good-bye LR.

If only I had read the following post before changing to a RRS:

http://www.brittany-internet.com/BrittanyN...fault.aspx

I know this is a 2006 model being talked about but LR support in France has not improved since.

LR need to use a 'customer feedback' system that unless they have 95% excellent feedback they lose sales and support bonuses. They need to do something because when China realises the truth and sales dry up it could be a rapid downhill spiral.

Post #468440 Fri Jul 24 2015 4:05pm
Bungleaio

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

This stuff really scares me and although I miss my RRS it reaffirms my decision to sell.

Good luck Nigel, I hope you get it all sorted soon. RRS is gone but I'm still hanging about on here.

Post #468444 Fri Jul 24 2015 4:38pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

http://www.brittany-internet.com/BrittanyN...fault.aspx

That's a long read!! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #468447 Fri Jul 24 2015 4:41pm
nigel52

OK Car back today Saturday 25th some 3 weeks since this saga started and four days since I took it back in to the dealers all working to get a 2nd key programmed which locked the whole car up again.

They have put it back to where it was when I took it in on Wednesday for what was supposed to be an easy replacement 2nd key and programming of it.

They say and supposedly supported by LR Customer Service France that the keys in France and the re-programming computer are not compatible with UK keys and modules.

I wonder if the truth is actually that when they fitted part no.LR032733 Passenger side main fuse box and replacement module MD99M2 against Technical Bulletin No: LTB00492v4 it was in fact the new Keyless Vehicle Module (KVM) and hence why they could not re-programme my 2nd key. See note below: I am still trying to get LR UK to give me a full technical understanding on what exactly went on for so long and why I kept getting different information.

-----------------------------------
As of 30th March 2015, and the release of Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) DVD 141 Patch 4 (and later releases), all of the above vehicles have a software update applied to the 'Start Authorisation System' at PDI, which makes their Keyless Vehicle Modules (KVM) 'read only'.
After this point, should an owner require added key fobs (due to loss etc.), the KVM will require replacement. As previously, the customer will still be liable for the key fob, cutting of the mechanical key blade, and programming of the KVM, but not the cost of the new KVM itself. This Field Service Action therefore exists to cover the cost of procurement and fitting of a new KVM to ensure that customers are not disadvantaged by this product enhancement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #468535 Sat Jul 25 2015 6:19pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Are you going to take it to Hunters and bend their ears? Visitor from fullfatrr.com

Post #468536 Sat Jul 25 2015 6:31pm
nigel52

Following your advice I have just written to Rob at Rovertune and given him the whole story and asked about him ordering a 2nd key and programming it for me and giving the car a full once over to determine what I should be doing next.

My head says to move away from Land Rovers my heart says keep the car and even something like a Merc ML350 could (not sure it will reading all their forums) cause me as many issues. I want to make an informed decision rather than irrational one.

Post #468540 Sat Jul 25 2015 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>