RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > New MY10
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Richchad

United Kingdom 
New MY10

Well looked at the new RRS today, was offered 27k for my HSE 06 plate RRS, up 2k from a couple of months ago, only done 14000 miles. Smile

Am tempted to go for a new V6 HSE at 51k with the balance of 24k deferred for 2 years interest free.

Seems like a good time to buy as expect px prices will fall again soon and before vat rise and "showroom tax" applies next April.. Confused

What should I be looking for in the way of extras with the new model, haven't digested the catalogue properly yet to see what is standard..? Rolling Eyes Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #236601 Mon Sep 14 2009 12:52pm
TonyR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

you will only get the good finance for any land rover your dealer currently has. You cant order one to exact specs as the finance has to start by the end of the month.

nearly all come with leather. after that the standard spec is very good already, so just see what the dealer has if the finance is the driving part of the deal - as it was for me

Post #236602 Mon Sep 14 2009 1:03pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that Tony, but finance isn't an important part of the deal but a lower px value possibly next month or two and the vat increase after December is, the dealer has 3 models available but not sure about the colours, he may be able to swap with other dealers or it is a new December build for January delivery. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #236605 Mon Sep 14 2009 1:10pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Been offered a Stornoway Grey with extended ebony leather, wanted privacy glass and dealer has offered to do it on site....

Anyone know if this is as good as the factory built privacy glass? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #236915 Wed Sep 16 2009 8:58am
Lookers Park Royal

Personally I'd go for the one I've got for you the same but with factory privacy glass, and spend the money you've saved by not having extended leather on accessories!!

Perhaps I'm being biased? Whistle

IMO there is a massive difference between tint film and privacy glass, however I guess someone without a vested interest will be along soon to discuss.

James Thumbs Up

Post #236919 Wed Sep 16 2009 9:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Factory tints all the way - the after production tints look awful! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #236920 Wed Sep 16 2009 9:23am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

James, you have probably answered what I thought about tint film even though you are biased Laughing

Need to see one without extended leather to be able to compare if it makes any difference to the appearance, have you got one at Park Royal?

VA you are probably right about the after production tints so think i will give that one a miss... Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #236922 Wed Sep 16 2009 9:37am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Factory tints all the way - the after production tints look awful!

for once i have to agree with him....... i had the after market tints on ours..... 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #236937 Wed Sep 16 2009 10:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

Pretty much everything we have doesn't have extended leather. Matthew has already suggested emailing some pics to you or you popping in. I'm not in the dealership today, but call Matthew on 0208 992 2299 as he was hoping to speak to you today.

James Thumbs Up

Post #236939 Wed Sep 16 2009 10:29am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

James, have spoken to Matthew he is emailing pictures to me so hopefully can decide. Rolling Eyes Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #236943 Wed Sep 16 2009 10:46am
Lookers Park Royal

Fab, a game of 'spot the difference'! Thumbs Up

I think you'll be quite suprised.

James Thumbs Up

Post #236944 Wed Sep 16 2009 10:51am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

could you post the pictures of the interior without the extended leather our local dealer only has extended versions on site cheers.

Post #236957 Wed Sep 16 2009 1:14pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

If the extra leather was important I'm sure some company like Overfinch etc etc could sort that for you later.

But the factory tints can not be reproduced by any form of aftermarket film. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #236964 Wed Sep 16 2009 2:16pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Always used to be that the diversity aerial showed through an aftermarket tint really badly... as others have said, no substitute for the factory glass. There used to be a pic in the gallery showing both... I'll see if I can find it.

Here's a pic of an aftermarket tint:

Click image to enlarge

...and here's the factory glass:

Click image to enlarge

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #236966 Wed Sep 16 2009 2:43pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Top of dashboard with extended leather.......

Top of dash board with out Extended leather ...........

Drivers door panel with extended leather...........

Drivers door trim with out extended leather.........

I have now seen both for real and it is hard to see any major difference. Neutral Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #236981 Wed Sep 16 2009 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>